Photo
- - - - -

Does your furbaby get all stressed when you are packing?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,779 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

my old boy, marley, used to meow at me in his whiny voice and then, once he got my attention, would make it a point to sit with his back to me to express his displeasure :lol: (RIP :heart: )
when i am actually loading in/out, he would sit at the top of the stairs and GLARE at me and as SOON as i made eye contact, he would turn his back to me :lol:
he was a spoiled baby but i loved him so (and miss him terribly :sad: )

my ophelia currently is expressing her disdain that i am adding to the pile in the living room by being very clingy and following me everywhere i go in the house :lol: :heart:
and this weekend, when i am actually packing my clothes bag, she will jump right in...repeatedly...and i will have to use a lint brush on my clothes before i even get to wear them! :ravn: :lol:
she is not a very vocal cat but when i get home, she meowmeowmeows at me for hours :lol:

i beg my mom to come over and play with her while i am gone so she isnt lonely :smile:
and i hide her treats all over the house, hoping she finds them over the few days i am gone - but i am pretty sure she sniffs them all out before i am out of the state :lol:
and then pukes on the rug :rolleyes: :lol:

((furbabies who miss us)) :heart:

what does your furbaby do when they see you packing?

#2 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,556 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

My golden Dakota gets all clingy and nudgey whenim packing. She totally knows something is up.

Kaya used to just bark bark bark and try to lay on the pile.....she was a 120 lb neo mastiff :lol:

#3 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

I don't think Zaphod is wise to it yet. He did scream like a maniac from my 3rd story window when I returned from strangecreek though. Purred like a motorboat on my chest for a couple hours.

He doesn't like it when I tie my shoes, or loves it I can't tell. Either way it involves scratching and bloodshed.

#4 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Zaphod

Don't panic, but that might just be the best pet name ever. :)

#5 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Our Sage always appears when the suitcase is on the bed...she'll either lay next to it or in it. She's a mild mannered cat to begin with so while she doesn't raise a ruckus, it's obvious she knows that we're leaving and gets a little anxious. When we return she is a champion head butter and meowler until she is satisfied that you are home for good (for at least that day).

Our younger cat, Boo will get all up in your stuff, but she is also less than a year and is still super playful. She is somewhat hip to the suitcase thing when you are packing and what it means, but still doesn't realize when you actually leave with it that you aren't coming back for a few days.... Of course when you return that is another story MEOW!!! You are expected to play immediately and for a lengthy period of time upon your return :)

Our old cat Delia (RIP) used to raise quite the racket when we returned from a trip! Talk about vocal! :lol: She would scream and yell for a few minutes then give you all the luvins' that old body could muster up :heart: She'd park herself on your chest and set up camp for as long as you would let her :heart:

We have a super realiable cat sitter who comes 2x a day when we're out of town to feed, medicate and play with the kittes :)

#6 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Pogo actually gets very curious, verging on excited, b/c most of the time she goes with us.

When she sees that her bowls and bed are being packed up, which is confirmation that she *is* joining us, she does this joyful interpretive dance of happy-doggy fireworks.

When she sees that it is one of the rare instances where she's gonna have to camp it at home with a friend, well... There is no joy in Schnauville.

It's tough to leave that little munchkin behind - she's a great travelling companion, and so easy to have around whenever we land somewhere. Still, there are situations that just aren't dog friendly where she's better off chilling at home with a human buddy. I'd never want to bring her to a fest for instance, I just don't see that sort of environment as being much fun for her.

#7 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,258 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

He puts on his fishnets and *begs* me to take him along. :mrgreen:

#8 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

:lol:

#9 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

:lol: Cassady has never liked packing but this year Tiger seems to know something's up, too.

#10 Tooozday

Tooozday
  • VibeTribe
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Pixel gets cranky and tries to escape when the stuff starts piling up by the door. He knows he is either going to be stuffed into the carrier (a fate worse than death) or he is going to be left home alone, all alone (a fate worse than death.) By his logic, if he runs away outside then neither of these horrible things can possibly happen.

#11 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

Our older cat Tiger does, desmond is starting to catch on, and the dog Prudence goes with us or likes the babysitter! :bigsmile: