• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TheOriginalSuburbanHillbilly

TheOriginalSuburbanHillbilly
  • VibeTribe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

Is there a way to embed a flickr image, I can't seem to get it to work. Flickr gives either a link, HTML, or BBCode. I've tried all three, not sure if I am doing something wrong or what...

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

As a heads up, tech support may be scarce until after Vibes.

#3 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Choose the BBC code option, copy and paste it here, and then cut out everything before [ img ] and after the [ /img ] tags.

There are no spaces between the [ ] and the img in the tags, but I had to put them in here so that it would display.

All that other junk is Flickr stuff. You don't need it, you just need the img tags and the stuff that nests between them.

#4 TheOriginalSuburbanHillbilly

• VibeTribe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Thanks, LL, I'll give that a try!

#5 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words... This is the Flickr BBC code, and what you need is highlighted in red. Just copy and paste the whole thing, and then delete everything in black keeping only the code that I marked red between the img tags - I just blurred out my personal info on this image:

Posted Image

#6 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

that didn't post, love. at least, i see an "image not available" thingie from Flickr where the photo should be :)

#7 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

i only clicked on this thread because i saw Lola and "embed" in the same thread and got excited :funny1:

#8 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Whoops - I changed the permissions after posting so that it wouldn't show up in my photostream, not knowing that would affect posted images - fixed now :)

i only clicked on this thread because i saw Lola and "embed" in the same thread and got excited :funny1:

Let's get embed and flock! :naughty: :lol:

#9 TheOriginalSuburbanHillbilly

• VibeTribe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

Instructions worked great (even before the picture) :bouncey:
Here's an oldie but goodie from Vibes 2001...

Posted Image

#10 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

:clapping:

#11 KindRU

KindRU
  • VibeTribe
  • 251 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

HOw are you getting pics to post without linking to an external site? I can't seem to figure out how to upload anything but my profile pic!

#12 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

HOw are you getting pics to post without linking to an external site? I can't seem to figure out how to upload anything but my profile pic!

Your personal Avatars are a separate case, and as you mentioned can be upload from your computer.

Photos that are hosted elsewhere... like Flickr, Webshots etc. can be posted here. I use Webshots as I just like their interface.

FYI: If you click on most Internet photos and copy the properties link, then click the image icon in your post to just past it in and post.

#13 KindRU

KindRU
  • VibeTribe
  • 251 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Your personal Avatars are a separate case, and as you mentioned can be upload from your computer.

Photos that are hosted elsewhere... like Flickr, Webshots etc. can be posted here. I use Webshots as I just like their interface.

FYI: If you click on most Internet photos and copy the properties link, then click the image icon in your post to just past it in and post.

Thanks. I did try that and not having luck. Maybe it's the Chrome browser? No clue. I'll try it with IE and FireFox. So there's no way to post a pic I have stored locally though, is there?

#14 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,674 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

I tried copying the URL from Flikr and it doesn't work for me either.

#15 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

You don't copy the URL - you need to hit the "share" feature, and then select BBC code which will give you something similar to what I posted in red & black. Paste the code here. Cut the black, keep the red, and presto!