• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,819 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

And it had one of the funniest websites ever. This is going to be interesting. :lol:

http://triptimeentertainment.webs.com/

#2 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

One world tribe is a lot of fun. Haven't seen them in years though. Seen rev tor videos in here. Don't see how u could go.wrong for $30.

#3 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,819 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

yup. read the do's and don'ts it's amusing

#4 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

:lol: not very eloquent with words..... or spelling...

#5 chewbokitz

chewbokitz

• VibeTribe
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Worst
Festival
Site
Ever !

#6 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

my favorite..."365 acres, that's one acre for every day of the WEEK." I'd hate to work their weeks lol

#7 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

For it being The Peoples Fest V you'd think they'd have some of their own pictures to post instead of pictures from festivals on the other side of the world.
Posted Image
http://cockneyflower...ury-Festival-D/

Also,
No nitros. No Gound fires. No Illeagal substances.

So Nitrous, ground fires and illegal substances are cool?

#8 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

The "General" has been out on Phish tour, pimpin' this one hard. 365 acres = 2 acres for each festival goer.

#9 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

For it being The Peoples Fest V you'd think they'd have some of their own pictures to post instead of pictures from festivals on the other side of the world.
Posted Image
http://cockneyflower...ury-Festival-D/

And yes, the photos are amusing.

#10 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

I like this:

DON'T: Act idiotic during a concert.
This includes a lot of things - crowd surfing, moshing, shouting out words to the songs.

There's nothing wrong with any of those, but some people may not want too and may get hurt so don't try and push them to do so. Jumping around and singing is a lot of fun and can make the concert more memorable, but make sure not to act in a way that detracts from others' experience, We want you to enjoy your Trip at Triptime but not at the expense of others.:lol:

#11 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,348 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

Damn. They're gonna confiscate my nitros. :lol:

#12 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,227 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

friday night looks good

trip time entertainment?

#13 orion

orion
  • VibeTribe
  • 678 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hey, I'm all about the peoples!

#14 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

"Band page complete not lineup!"

What does that even mean? :lol:

#15 HappieKamper

HappieKamper
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationGun wavin' New Haven

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

"Band page complete not lineup!"

What does that even mean? :lol:

It appears the party has already started.

#16 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

:lol:

#17 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

trip time entertainment?

ya way to keep it low-key. :rolleyes:

i'm still amazed that i was born and raised in that town.

my old man lives 10mins from west mountain... i might head up and check it out. although last time i went to a party like that it was called "Reality Check" and halfway through the event, the state police raided it, strip searched every single one of us and charged every attendee with loitering with the intent to use a controlled substance.

i'll probably pass on this 'trip'

#18 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,185 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Kinda amazed they hade the balls to call it Gathering of the Tribes. Wasn't that the original name of Vibes??

#19 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,227 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

i betcha the entrance to this will make the entrance to mt jam look like a walk through the park

heck when the dead played placid the troopers shut down the northway and stopped every car on the interstate

#20 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,228 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

A Gathering of the Tribes was a two-day music festival organized by The Cult's Ian Astbury with Bill Graham (promoter) at the head of Bill Graham Productions. This two day music and culture festival was a precursor to the Lollapalooza touring festivals of the 1990s. Held at the Shoreline Amphitheatre Mountain View and the Pacific Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa on October 6 and 7th 1990, the artists featured were Soundgarden, Ice T, Indigo Girls, Queen Latifah, Joan Baez, Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, The Charlatans UK, The Cramps, The Mission U.k. and Public Enemy. Ice T (in 1991) and Soundgarden (in 1992 and 1996) would later go on to play at Lollapalooza.

A Pagan festival called Gathering of the Tribes was first held in Maryland in 1967...

http://en.wikipedia....g_of_the_Tribes

#21 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Kinda amazed they hade the balls to call it Gathering of the Tribes. Wasn't that the original name of Vibes??

I'm pretty sure it was Deadhead Heaven. At least that was the name of the very first festival they put on.

#22 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,228 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

I thought it was Deadhead Heaven. At least that was the name of the very first festival they put on.

:clapping:

#23 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

lolpaganfests

#24 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Just to put another spin on this, 4 or 5 venues in as many years, a trail of unpaid production, threats of violence against bands that play competing festivals, should I go on? Lets put it this way, I've never been screwed by them, so if asked I'd work their fest. But I've heard enough from people I know and respect that they'd pay me in full before I even got out of the car.

#25 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,228 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Interesting perspective!

#26 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

officially I believe it was called Deadhead Heaven- A Gathering of the Tribes which then led to it being named Gathering of the Vibes no?

Either way this festival in Glens Falls sounds like amateur hour :lol:

#27 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

"Don't try to haggle with the vendors"???????????

Fuck you! :lol:

#28 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Just to put another spin on this, 4 or 5 venues in as many years, a trail of unpaid production, threats of violence against bands that play competing festivals, should I go on? Lets put it this way, I've never been screwed by them, so if asked I'd work their fest. But I've heard enough from people I know and respect that they'd pay me in full before I even got out of the car.

Toddy did you ever go to a fest called Adirondack Mountain Music Fest.... I think there were a couple of them by that name by different productions, but I'm trying to remember where the one in 2002 was.

#29 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

still laughing after reading that web site. Holy fail Batman!

I mean, at least get my 4 year old niece to do some editing for you! :lol:

#30 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Toddy did you ever go to a fest called Adirondack Mountain Music Fest.... I think there were a couple of them by that name by different productions, but I'm trying to remember where the one in 2002 was.

The year I went, it was at Moose River Grounds in Lyonsdale. I couldn't tell you if it had other locations.

#31 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

plus glens falls in october is nice but bring a shovel it may snow.

#32 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

The year I went, it was at Moose River Grounds in Lyonsdale. I couldn't tell you if it had other locations.

yep, that was it.

#33 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

yup, and it was 2003... Ween, Soulive, sts9, disco biscuits, amin tobin. Rained all weekend and everyone was working an angle. Good times.

(Nothing to do with these clowns)

#34 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

as someone who gets paid to edit web content, i can't stop twitching after reading the excerpts posted here. no way could i handle clicking on that link :lol:

#35 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

I love how the background is in tiles :lol:

#36 manzanita stark

manzanita stark
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Posted Image

#37 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yea, this is the same fest that was advertising JBB as their big headliner and then they took their name down because it turns out JBB is touring the west coast during the fest! Then at the bottom of their facebook page it says something to the effect of "Mosaic Foundation w/ Kevin Kinsella will be listed as soon as it's confirmed." Definitely a class act. :rolleyes: :lol:

#38 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

whoaaaaaa

Posted Image

#39 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Queensbury officials say West Mountain owner never got town approval for festival

10 minutes ago • MAURY THOMPSON - thompson@poststar.com
(0) Comments

QUEENSBURY -- The owner of West Mountain ski center failed to get town Planning Board approval for a multi-day music festival scheduled for Aug. 3-5 at the ski center, said Craig Brown, the town zoning administrator, on Thursday.
Holding the festival without the approval could result in the town taking legal action, Brown said. Mike Barbone said the festival, called Freedom of Expression 2, will go on as planned, without the approval. “I’m going to have the festival here for three days,” Barbone said. “It’s a business decision on the part of West Mountain, and I’m going to do it.”

Barbone said there was not enough time to go through the Planning Board application and hearing process before Aug. 3, and he disputed that a Planning Board approval is necessary. Town Supervisor Dan Stec said it’s unfortunate that Barbone intends to hold the festival without approval.

Whether the town takes legal action may hinge on reaction from neighbors. “Maybe some of the town’s response to him moving forward with this event without the permit may very well be guided by reaction we get from the neighbors,” he said. Stec said he hopes neighbors will contact town officials and express their thoughts now, rather than after the festival. “Maybe the best thing I can do right now is say, ‘We’d be interested in hearing from the neighbors before the event whether there’s a big concern,’” he said.

The festival will have a lineup of 35 alternative and hip-hop acts appearing on three music stages, including a main stage under a big tent, according to Upstate Productions, the festival promoter. A fourth stage will feature comedians, dramatic skits, yoga instruction and arts workshops. Between 500 and 1,500 people are expected to attend, Tim Sullivan, of Upstate Productions, has said. Sullivan did not return an e-mail message on Thursday seeking comment for this report.

Barbone disputed that the town Planning Board approval is necessary. “I’m zoned for it. I’m zoned recreation and commercial,” he said. Barbone said concerts and festivals, including several with overnight camping, were held at West Mountain in the past, under previous ownership, without the town requiring Planning Board approval. “We’ve had Fourth of July concerts here with 5,000-plus people, and all of a sudden now we have to have permits,” he said. But Brown said town zoning code requires Planning Board approval for an outdoor event of the size and scope of the festival, which includes overnight camping, regardless of how the property is zoned.

Stec said that the whole purpose of the special use permit is to give neighbors a chance to raise concerns about issues such as noise and sanitation, and to make sure those concerns are addressed. “Now maybe the neighbors won’t care. But you won’t know that unless you conduct these kind of reviews,” he said. Stec said Barbone should have checked with the town.

Anthony Sarraino, marketing assistant at West Mountain, said Wednesday the event had been cleared with the town.
But Brown said Thursday that the first he heard about the festival was when The Post-Star contacted town officials on Wednesday to inquire about it. Brown said the chances are “almost nil” that a special Planning Board meeting could be scheduled before Aug. 3, because of a 10-day public notice requirement. Contacted Thursday, Sarraino said he spoke with a Town Board member in July, who told him the festival fit within town zoning, and no other approvals or permits were necessary. Sarraino said he did not remember which Town Board member he spoke with. Stec said no one from West Mountain spoke with him or any other Town Board members.

Ronald Montesi, the 2nd Ward councilman, and John Strough, the 3rd Ward councilman, told The Post-Star that no one from West Mountain spoke with them about the festival, and 1st Ward Councilman Anthony Metivier said he did not recall anyone from West Mountain speaking with him about the festival.

Timothy Brewer, 4th Ward councilman, had not returned a voice mail message seeking comment, as of 5 p.m. Thursday. Brown said there are several actions the town could take if the festival is held without Planning Board approval. “We’d have to take them to court and the judge would have to find them guilty,” he said. “But that depends. Do we call it a violation? Or do we just write them up and say, ‘Don’t do it again.’ I don’t know.” Brown said he had not yet researched what the maximum potential fine would be.
Brown, like Stec, said the decision might hinge on the neighborhood’s reaction. “If it’s a two-band thing and four people show up, it’s probably not a big deal,” he said. “But if it turns into a large problem and there’s lots of noise complaints, there are certain penalties in the town code that address this.” Strough, Montesi and Metivier, like Stec, said they would wait to see if the festival actually is held before they consider what action the town should take.

Barbone said he’s trying to diversify his business during a tough economy. “This is what we need to do to try to survive and try to bring in more cash flow in the summer,” he said. “He’s trying to generate revenue. We respect that,” Stec said. “But clearly, the purpose for this special use permit review that the Planning Board would conduct is to answer the questions that may arise from the neighbors about things like noise and sanitation.”

#40 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Posted Image

#41 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

gee wow.... logistical / permit / planning problems?

GTFO.... and they were so good with numbers n shit too.

Feel free as you can enjoy the entire 365 acres "thats one acre for every day of the week".

#42 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

don't forget that pro website, too! :lol:

#43 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

I wish I coulda been there when that Trip Time Entertainment employee figured that out and decided to use it for advertising.

HOLY SHIT BRO! THIS SHIT IS GONNA SELL OUT NOW! 1 acre for every day of the week... cause like there's 365 days in a week right?

#44 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

Shut it down. Excessive gound fires and nitros will surely piss the neighbors off. This is completely Illeagal what they are trying to do.

#45 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Posted Image

went to the website in the watermark. it's a background for a phone :facepalm:

maybe the site was built from a smart phone?

#46 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Just to be clear, Trip Time and this festival next week are two seperate things. The FOE got moved to west ave a few weeks ago after their original location ???

#47 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,150 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'm pretty sure it was Deadhead Heaven. At least that was the name of the very first festival they put on.

Deadhead Heaven: a Gathering of the Tribe :thumbsup:

#48 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

This shit makes Phanfest look like Bonnnarroo.