• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 clouseau

clouseau
  • VibeTribe
  • 386 posts
  • Locationlong island, n.y.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

The missus is hooked big on paddling lately, and now she's buggin' to put in at the sound around Seaside....was thinkin' of bringing a couple of small boats (7 footers).... we're not "buckle - chuckers", mind you, so it's not a great big hassle,...but...... Thoughts, anyone ? :dunno:

#2 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

I have brought mine to gotv a few times....only used it once :) Watched the sunrise from the water one Sunday morning.....it was a little carry from boardie camping but not bad....I think mine is a 9 footer, still easy to lug around by yourself ;)

#3 clouseau

clouseau
  • VibeTribe
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, the time thing's got me thinking.....maybe tubes are easier, and if we don't find tyme, they go away easier...(provided i find some friendly camper to blow 'em up...hey, anyone wanna go tubin' ?)

#4 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

Just make sure you tie it on your roof tight :D

..... my friends lost a kayak off their car roof on the way to gotv one year :joker:

#5 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

I think I asked about it last year and the answer was no....though I might of asked about one of my sailboats. Hopefully a vibesguide clears this up since I would love to bring a kayak. If not....maybe a paddle and a twin sized air matress.

#6 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,996 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

Sorry, no boats.

#7 clouseau

clouseau
  • VibeTribe
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

Thanks, TEO ! i was tryin' to figure out a way to leave her behind ! The boat , i mean....Hey, can we bring 2 seven-foot coolers ?

#8 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

Thanks, TEO ! i was tryin' to figure out a way to leave her behind ! The boat , i mean....Hey, can we bring 2 seven-foot coolers ?

Lol, I like your way of thinking! Mine is a 10-12' coffin that I like to explore the water in to look for a place to spread my ashes.....prolly pretty sure that gets a religious exemption.....

#9 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Sorry, no boats.

Seriously ?

I see boats on car roofs every year....

Rent pwc or siihb ?

#10 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,996 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Disseminating the official information, so yes really.