no "major" changes in the first year..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

wow.. i stuck with this suggestion because i wanted a solid foundation of sobriety before attempted to step out into the world again.
i have and had many examples of the worste case scenario right there in front of me in the rooms of people who would take their will back or in retrospect never really gave it entirely over in the first place.
the no new relationships was and is a biggie. i am in mourning over the death of an old relationship. for the first time since i was fifteen maybe seventeen i can acknowledge that i am hurt and admit it. even more importantly focus on it and deal with it rather than drink and creat more problems for myself so i never focused on the dead relationship and just moved on from it ,only ending up in a new one thats bound for failure/catastrophy type of relationship. this sucks.

a new job.. over in a month. i couldnt work for a dry drunk. my foreman admittedly dry hasnt been to an aa meeting or done anything to improve his outlook on life or himself in over fifteen years yet has twenty six years not drinking. i took / take this as the lesson of wow please god dont let me become a dry drunk with a hateful resentfilled life. i do sometimes act like an asshole but am aware of it and check myself.. progress not perfection.

#2 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 17,708 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

<3 Progress. Not perfection. <3

I'm proud of you, Roo.

#3 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts