Photo

A Note On The Lee's Park Campground/Boat Launch Situation

Lees Park Campground Saratoga Springs New York Phish phishheads capitalism boat launch Phish tour

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Phinnegan

Phinnegan
  • VibeTribe
  • 280 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, NJ

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

A Note On The Lee's Park Campground/Boat Launch Area situation & status update which they posted Sunday morning finally telling us NOT to park in the frickin' boat launch, when so many of their employees had been telling us to treat it like our own frickin' driveway....:

This is what these guys consider notice - posted the very day that all of those cars were towed & a violent brawl ensued....

I myself was rousted at 5am - just as I finally decided to take a nap in there, having brought 28 people there from lot & town that night....

(I was told by two of their employees that it was fine & legal & no one would bother me....)....

I didn't even get a chance to pay before a swarm of cops descended, searching unlocked cars with abandon, violating people's civil rights in broad daylight....

(Frickin' Park Police!)

So I went to the front gate & told this kid that he had to get someone with authority down there to answer my questions as to what they were doing on the inside to let people know that their cars were getting towed....

He was going to blow me off but I started ranting about how they were just inviting lawsuits since half of the people in that boat launch area were tour veterans - now doctors, lawyers & indian chiefs; & the first guy that comes up is a corrections officer....

I had to get scary to get the owner to come out (with security, of course: & he tells me I'm a pussy!), who proceeds to tell me that everyone has been properly informed that it was NOT legal to park in there at all!

(Bullpricks is a nice word!)

And I was only assuaged by the fact that people start pouring out of there to move their cars....

And then the owner tells me that I'm a pussy 'cause I won't leave my car in there to go find my friends to let them know that their car's about to get towed....

As he's screaming at me & using my insistence that they wake everyone up as a scapegoat of a bad day - go phuck yerslaves, Wilsonman!

Later that night, the kid who I made get his boss told me the lie that they only towed 3 cars - but a tow truck driver told me that his company towed 5 & there were 4 other companies; & I talked to 8 different people who had their cars towed: scoundrel is a nice word!

But my favorite part of the story is where one guy had his car towed from the space where they moved him after he woke up to get his car out of the boat launch - they frickin' moved cars to areas where they were just gonna get towed anyway!

Holy Phuck! What a pain in the arse! I'm done with Lee's & I want to apologize to everyone who I ever told to go there....

#2 jam kids on their vespas

jam kids on their vespas
  • VibeTribe
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Huh?

#3 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

....lees has always been like this...last time I was there was for hobo daves good omens fest..years ago...the cops shut everything down by 11 or so....never went back after that....

#4 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,829 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Suite melt.

#5 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 29,249 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

This is the first I heard about it, so thanks for breaking the news story here and the status update.

Can't say I'm too surprised, from previous incidents I've heard about!!

#6 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,720 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

wookworldproblems

#7 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

totally suite melt. if i'm reading the situation right, something very similar occurred at Lee's the first and last time i camped there, and that was 4 years ago. i was warned beforehand that such things happen there all the time, and didn't listen. we were fine but lots of folks got towed, tossed or otherwise harassed that paid to be there.

sucks.

#8 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,328 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

that place used to be so cool but i guess that was a long time ago...like 10 years now...sounds like they need to learn the phrase "dont shit where ya eat" cuz the hippie grapevine is extensive and effective...spread the word and perhaps the crickets and cobwebs will learn them to stop treatin folks badly :dunno:

take your business elsewhere, kids! :rose:

#9 Pher

Pher
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationSaratoga Springs, NY

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

I had a parking pass but I did hear them tell people that its ok to park in boat launch parking lot "They will not tow you" is what I heard sorry to those of you towed, you have to get there early next time.

#10 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,720 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

I stayed at The Grand Union Motel. Place treated us great. Let us rage. No problems at all. Highly suggested for future SPAC shows.

#11 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,408 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

There were signs at the entrance of the park and the state boat launch saying not to park there. Always has been the case. No one could think parking there would be ok, even if told so by the volunteer help. Lee's, though far from perfect, has been better this year than it has for the past ten. YMMV

#12 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 33,197 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

Lee's sucks...it's like the Wild West of Sketch. Really good heady banana bread though. :lol:

#13 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

There were signs at the entrance of the park and the state boat launch saying not to park there. Always has been the case. No one could think parking there would be ok, even if told so by the volunteer help. Lee's, though far from perfect, has been better this year than it has for the past ten. YMMV

if i was told by an employee (volunteer, same difference - anyone representing the place) that something was okay, i would take their word for it over a sign. rules get changed last minute to accommodate special circumstances all the time. this is just a really poor way of doing business.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lees Park Campground, Saratoga Springs, New York, Phish, phishheads, capitalism, boat launch, Phish tour