Photo
- - - - -

What do you want done with your dead body?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

I do not want to be buried! First after 2 generations who's really going to show up at your grave, I mean your kids will when you die, and your grandkids might, but there kids who have never met you will never show up. I do not want to sit in the same spot for hundreds of years. Id rather be burnt and spread in the air, so anyone that wants to mourn me can mourn me from the comfort of their front porch, rather then having to go to a place where other decomposing bodies are hanging out.

And I definitely do not want a casket above me, fuck that. gravity is a bitch, and I definitely don't want someone Else's dead body being laid to rest above me and then falling and crushing whats left of me.

And no one can keep my ashes. because eventually someones going to make the tuff decision to dispose of those ashes and that person might not know me or care about me, ending up in a landfill is not my idea of cool.

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,317 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

Burnt on a funeral pyre would be optimal. Otherwise cremation and let the ashes fall where they may.

#3 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,049 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

Harvest my organs and burn what's left. Do whatever you want with the "ashes" (actually pulverized bone). Whatever you do, tell yourself I would have wanted it that way. All I ask is that you play "Sofa No. 2" and "Box of Rain" at my memorial.

#4 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,371 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

My ideal is organ donation, then being stuck up in the crotch of a tree so that what's left is of some use.

Since that won't likely happen, cremation, and let me float in the breeze somewhere.

#5 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

I'm actually really concerned about what the worlds going to look like in say 200 years..there's no more land..and yet there's people dying everyday..where the F are they going to put those bodies? do they eventually just dig up the really old ones and then bury someone new there? or are those old bodies considered vintage?

#6 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,161 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Impale my head on a spike from the castle walls and hang my headless body in a gibbet with a sign that says: "This is what you look like DEAD!"

Truthfully, I really couldn't give a shit. I'll be dead.

#7 jen s

jen s
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:21 AM

viking burial

#8 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,118 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:32 AM

Ohhhh...:undecided:...I thought you were going to help me move a...ummmm...something....uh...never mind :undecided:

#9 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,118 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

I'm actually really concerned about what the worlds going to look like in say 200 years..there's no more land..and yet there's people dying everyday..where the F are they going to put those bodies? do they eventually just dig up the really old ones and then bury someone new there? or are those old bodies considered vintage?

Didn't realize where I was...so lemme see if I can help...if the world view stays as it is now, if they need to exhume an older existing body, they will at least keep track of the info of said body on file, contact any living relatives and inform
Them of the relocation...no matter of political views...most cultures/countries respect the dead. Even if your new site is a box in a warehouse all the info will follow it! For me...organ donation and would like to be burried by a tree so I can not only feed the tree...but actually live on via the tree...it'll have traces of my DNA to live and grow for hundreds of years :ura1:

#10 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

whatever my family decides they would like to do with it. I am fine with whatever.

#11 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,602 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

I want to be cremated and spread on my beach on Cape Cod. I will be with my Father. :heart:

#12 Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn
  • VibeTribe
  • 688 posts
  • LocationNW Corner, CT

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

"so anyone that wants to mourn me can mourn me from the comfort of their front porch, rather then having to go to a place where other decomposing bodies are hanging out. "

I think our generation is starting to realize this. There is only one relative left that actually knows (and cares) where my great-grandparents are buried - it's so sad to actually go to an old graveyard and see the decrepit stones that no one has bothered with in years..........cremation is the way!

#13 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,275 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

burn it.

#14 Mr_Pat

Mr_Pat

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

cryogenically frozen and brought back to life in 750 years....

#15 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

cremation and spread my ashes in maui. i want to be somewhere warm with a tropical breeze :)

#16 freshwater dan

freshwater dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

Creamation, and I'd like my ashes spread far and wide (preferably all 5 continents). Soundtrack: "He's Gone"

#17 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

donate my organs, donate the rest of my body to science, and then cremation.

#18 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,219 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

Take what you can use, cremate the rest. Ashes on any of the ADK high peak summits will be fine.

#19 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,548 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

Burnt on a funeral pyre would be optimal. Otherwise cremation and let the ashes fall where they may.

with any luck, funeral pyres will be a common practice when my time is up.

there is one place in the US that does them now, on a very select basis, and they can't keep up with the demand.

short of that, harvest, cremate, scatter - or use as fertilizer

#20 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Take what you want, cremate the rest, spread my ashes where my husband requests (if I go first - otherwise the beach in Rockaway NY is perfect)

#21 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:23 AM

" decomposing bodies are hanging out. "

!

I always wondered why we can't smell them in a cemetery yet you hardly ever see animals there because they can. The smell must be horendous...

#22 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,991 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:22 AM

I'd like to be cremated and then have my venomous ex-wife spread half of my ashed in the Ganges River. The
other half should be spread from a boat into the San Francisco Bay, but if any of the kind souls that were part
of my life or mother to any of my children show up, the ex should certainly feel free to keep them from getting
on the boat.

Seriously, at the moment I'm thinking that after harvesting any usable organs,
Natural Burial is the best option.

#23 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,991 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

Environmental issues with conventional burial

Each year, 22,500 cemeteries across the United States bury approximately:
30 million board feet (70,000 m

#24 HappieKamper

HappieKamper
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationGun wavin' New Haven

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

I would like to decompose back into the ground like a fallen tree in a rain forest.

Guess you had to be there when I had this epiphany.

#25 Tooozday

Tooozday
  • VibeTribe
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:46 AM

Organ donation, and I don't care about the empty husk. Whatever makes the people still here easiest.

#26 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,049 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:13 AM

I want to be packed with explosives and detonated in the Beachcomber.

#27 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

i would like an old west body showing ,in my casket on display out front of whatever my favorite waterhole is at the time ,then duct tape me to my surfboard ,light me up and push me out to sea at my favorite surf spot.

#28 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 622 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

Stuffed and mounted.

#29 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,049 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:44 AM

Strip it naked, take pictures of it, and use my Twitter account to send them to people.

#30 blackthunb

blackthunb
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:51 AM

When I feel like my time is up, I will walk into the woods, and let nature take place.

#31 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,498 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

i want anything usable to be harvested then cremate me and make sure that at least some of my ashes end up in the waves and Nubble Lighthouse in York, ME :rose:
then go grab some waves and dedicate the one that made you go "wooooohooooooo!" to me :smile:

#32 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

i'd like to have any organs that are in good condition donated to those who need them or for medical research. i'd like the rest of me cremated & the ashes to be spread in the water along my favorite bike path, but if it makes my family happy to bury me that's fine too. the only thing i care about is having my organs donated. but as god as my witness, if these sob's bury me in the ground & get me a cheap & ugly headstone & let the weeds grow all over i will haunt their asses for all eternity! :joker:
:lol:

#33 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • VibeTribe
  • 516 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

Donated to medical school with conditions: they must completely test every part of my body for any and all diseases which I may have had. Then they are to report results to my family. I've been struggling with a variety of illnesses for years and have finally been diagnosed with Lyme Disease. This helps explain many of my debilitating symptoms but many friends and family think it's all in my head. No support from them. I want doctors to find out everything that's wrong with me and report it to them so they finally understand that I wasn't making it up...fucking sucks having this disease....

#34 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Take everything that still works and give it to someone who needs it... Then grind up my ashes and bake me into gingerbread cookies!!! :mrgreen:

#35 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Or maybe a Viking funeral... Pay tribute to my roots...

#36 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Or let me lie in a forest and grow a tree over top of me... Or leave my ashes at the foot of some mighty tree deep in the woods... All these things are thoughts that I have had at some point in time...

#37 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

Donate my organs except my liver and small penis, ashes chopped up fine and mixed in with a really good strain of XXXX and enjoyed by those that want to smoke my ass.

#38 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

#39 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,371 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'd like to be cremated and then have my venomous ex-wife spread half of my ashed in the Ganges River. The
other half should be spread from a boat into the San Francisco Bay, but if any of the kind souls that were part
of my life or mother to any of my children show up, the ex should certainly feel free to keep them from getting
on the boat.

:lol:

Took me a second to get it.

#40 Like_Water

Like_Water
  • VibeTribe
  • 55 posts
  • Locationcurrently NJ

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

I think I'd like to be disposed-of Holden Caulfield style - randomly thrown into the woods for the critters to chew on. But- if somebody insists on doing something, dig a proper hole, THEN throw me in it, covered with top soil, coconut coir, and periodically refreshed C.Sativa seeds.
Then I'll come back as a wild hallucination, clothed in shining darkness and grace.

#41 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,383 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

I want to be cremated after organ/tissue/etc donation. Ashes scattered anywhere they want. I don't want anyone crying on a gravestone for me.
Just play Fields Of Gold and be on your way

#42 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,498 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

I want to be cremated after organ/tissue/etc donation. Ashes scattered anywhere they want. I don't want anyone crying on a gravestone for me.
Just have a japanese lantern ceremony at the ocean or a lake and play box of rain and be on your way

fixed for me :smile:

as i always state in this topic - anyone who facilitates me being buried in the ground will be haunted by me forever

come visit me on the ocean in york, me...i want some of my ashes tossed in the ocean there...maybe off the point at nubble light :smile:

#43 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,383 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

fixed for me :smile:

as i always state in this topic - anyone who facilitates me being buried in the ground will be haunted by me forever

come visit me on the ocean in york, me...i want some of my ashes tossed in the ocean there...maybe off the point at nubble light :smile:

love the lanterns idea :)