175 replies to this topic

#1 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,322 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hey everyboardie,

With the passing of someone we all loved so much, it just doesn't seem right to not have a gathering to celebrate her life, love, wit, banter, and overall amazingness.

Mamapajama has generously opened up her home to anyone whom is interested in getting together. She lives in Queensbury NY, which seems like a good 'halfway point' for a lot of us.

Saturday 12-11 at 2:00pm will be the memorial. It'll be *** luck style, but please don't keep not having something to bring from joining us.

For those of you who are traveling Wende has opened up her home to all of us to stay. Just be sure to bring sleeping gear.

Friday night 12-10 RMB will be playing in Saratoga Springs (which is the same town that Wende lives in). I thought it might be nice if you can travel that day to see some music together.

For addresses and more info feel free to pm me here :heart: (I just don't feel right posting people's addresses on the interwebs).

Please pass this info on to anyone who you think would be intersted in attending.

ps....can a vibeguide sticky this?

#2 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,322 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

perhaps we could all bring a 'mixed tape' of songs to celebrate her life with.

If anyone has photos they'd be willing to copy maybe we could make an album for Brian? She was loved by so many.

#3 SpinSpinNYC

SpinSpinNYC
  • VibeTribe
  • 510 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

:heart:

#4 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,532 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

Thanks Erin,

I'll totally be there. I'll be up on Friday dancing to Ry's band. Every motion of dance will be dedicated to Julia. As some of you know, I dont dance much but I will at RMB.

If anyone is in the city and needs a ride, I can pick you up at the Poughkeepsie train station and drive you to the memorial events and back.

~~lots of love to Julia and family~~

#5 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,516 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

Wonderful. :heart: Thanks, all.

#6 wookie luvvah

wookie luvvah
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

Thanks Erin and MamaP. Pete and I are going to try to make it down. Don't believe we'll be able to join at RMB - but should be in for the memorial.

#7 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,322 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

And I should clarify the crash space includes Friday night as well. Those two ladies are astonishingly generous to us!

As for the *** luck, if everyone wants to pm me what you'd like to bring so we can fill in the holes....

#8 Amethyst

Amethyst
  • VibeTribe
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

#9 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

thanks for organizing Erin.
crash space at my house too...one friendly dog, no cats

#10 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

#11 Its me Barbie

Its me Barbie
  • VibeTribe
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

#12 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,244 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:37 PM

consider my house open for crash space as well. :) not good for anyone with allergies to cats though! :wink:

#13 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

I am going to look into making it to this. And it has been much too long since I have seen mik and kerry and many others. I might also drive up for the funeral if anyone wants to hitch a ride. But I have to see if I can miss two days of work. Writing this from my phone. Will check in again later.

#14 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

Having folks stay at my house for this would keep a smile on my face for a good 6 months or so. We need this get together.

My kids'll be gone that weekend and we have 2 new bedrooms to share. That makes 5 extra bedrooms. Yay!!

I think a picture collage would be a great idea too. :) :heart:

(((((Julia))))):heart:

#15 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

Wait a minute??? RMB is playing Toga Friday night? oh boy! That makes this even better. :dance:

#16 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

i'm not sure if we can make it up in time for RMB on Friday, but Jas and i are going to do our best to make it up there by Saturday to share in this memorial. i think we all need this pretty badly.

Mamapeej, you've got mail :heart: and assistance with veggie goodies if there's anything special we can bring!

#17 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 17,706 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:55 PM

I would like to, but I would need a ride. Is anyone from LI planning on going?

#18 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:52 AM

Who might have crash space for a matty?

#19 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:00 AM

Has anyone told Brian (basher) about this? I could email/phone him.

#20 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,532 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

Blue,

you could take the train to Poughkeepsie......... and I'd provide you with transportation.

#21 DF

DF
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:22 AM

this is sad. i will be there.

#22 Pher

Pher
  • VibeTribe
  • 876 posts
  • LocationSaratoga Springs, NY

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

#23 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

Wish I could be there <3

#24 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

i think I will be going, Nicole. But for Saturday...I need to figure out logistics, but if I can make it, I would love to have you along :)

#25 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 17,706 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Blue,

you could take the train to Poughkeepsie......... and I'd provide you with transportation.

i think I will be going, Nicole. But for Saturday...I need to figure out logistics, but if I can make it, I would love to have you along :)

Thanks guys... Dani, I would most likely go up with you if you decide to go. I'd love to make it there for Friday night, and might take you up on your offer Ry, if Dani cant make it.. but thats a LOT of money (like $80) in train fare!!!
we've got some time.. hopefully something would work out. :heart:

#26 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

If we could make the food end happen without the hassling of Kerri too much, that would be freakin sweet. Just bring what you think you want and others may want and poof...we'll have lots of food. Kerri is the busiest woman alive so, if we could just do what we all do best and make this community come together for this one day....that would be swell. :heart:

#27 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,322 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

ps Wende I think you might have me for a few days :)

#28 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

See y'all Friday.
You guys renew my faith on a regular basis here.
All the things that really matter surely are demonstrated here in this virtual community...
as it has grown from/ with a physical community.
[URL="<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NhFfhxik13U?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NhFfhxik13U?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>"]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NhFfhxik13U?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NhFfhxik13U?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/URL]

#29 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

p.s. Erin, I hope so.:heart:

#30 katmama

katmama
  • VibeTribe
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:46 AM

i will be there 2-3ish then up to burlington for the debut of phanart cookbook. will bring edibles to this sad loving gathering. thank you erin and kerri and wende fo making this happen.

#31 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:54 AM

I will be there in Spirit. :heart:

#32 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

wish we could make it. :heart:

#33 micki

micki
  • VibeTribe
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

Very thoughtful!

Josh and I will be there in Spirit. :heart:

#34 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

i posted this to another thread earlier, when someone asked about Julia's illness. i'd like to share it here too, since this thread is sticky'd, and more likely to reach those hurting and possibly looking for some answers.

a community that has helped several of us here (those living with temporal lobe epilepsy, those who love someone with TLE, or both) can be found at http://braintalkcomm....play.php?f=144.

when i first joined our board (Terrapin) one of the first things i discovered was my first support system for TLE - i never personally knew anyone else who had it until a thread here on the boards got some of us talking one day. so i really appreciated that connection to Julia and others, then, and figure we need each other more than ever right now.

if anyone would like more TLE information or support, please check out that forum, or feel free to reach out to me personally. i know how confusing it can be, and how alienating at times, and i don't want anyone else to feel that way if i could help in some way. my thanks to Sarah B. for telling me about that other message board, way back when. it was needed and very much appreciated :heart:

#35 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,516 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

Here are some links to information about SUDEP (Sudden Unexplained Death in Epilepsy):
http://www.epilepsy..../sudep_epilepsy
http://www.med.nyu.e...epsy/sudep.html
http://www.epilepsyf...rg/about/SUDEP/
http://www.sudepawar...bout_sudep.html
http://www.sudep.org/

#36 kate11

kate11
  • VibeTribe
  • 589 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

I have space for people to crash fri and sat...I'm about two minutes from kerri and can fit four people with ease (byo sleeping bags-etc)...more, we'll get creative:)

#37 kate11

kate11
  • VibeTribe
  • 589 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

(And byo chocolate)

#38 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

And lots of it.

#39 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

Thanks, Thuggie and Sarah. I had wondered in the other thread about what caused her passing. I never knew about TLE until just now.

I wish I could be there. I'd never met her but enjoyed her presence here.

#40 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

(((byo chocolate and creativity))) y'all rock :) :heart:

update-y: we're definitely in for Saturday. Friday RMB's a possibility, but not a probability, though we'll probably try to head up on Friday night regardless, if our hosts are willing to have us for two nights (to be determined) :kissing:

we'll bring lots of hugs and vegetarian chili and some Julia-approved music to share.

[edit] you're very welcome, Gordon.

#41 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

two nights approved by this host, for sure

I have been daydreaming about food: we, of course, should have holyguacamole, smarties, cute little lunch plates and lasagna sandwiches and broccoli dishes and whatever croutons and vegan salad dressing recipe I saw this week-end that she had posted. ffta

I am sure whatever shows up will be just fine but thought I would share my daydreams because they made me smile.

#42 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,119 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

will be there

#43 Slabbidy Blodahead

Slabbidy Blodahead
  • VibeTribe
  • 338 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Downtown and I will be there Saturday. Looking forward to sharing in this memorial with old friends we haven't seen in awhile, and new ones I'm sure we will connect with. We'll bring a veggie shepard's pie casserole, and some other goodies for meaters and veggies alike. ...

Thank you to Erinisme...Mik and Kerri...Wende and Toddy and Nancykind and other boardies who are willing to help make this happen.

#44 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

I really love that thread someone bumped earlier of hers. We need to somehow bring that out and print it or frame it or something.:heart:

#45 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

two nights approved by this host, for sure

thanks Kerri :) :heart: now to talk to my better half about RMB.

seconding the request for holyguacamole and and and cute everything!

today was a heavy day for many...sending lots of love out to all who need it right now.
:loveeye:

#46 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:32 AM

i'll definately be there and of course this is handy... ;) i can fill in whatever is needed just tell me what to do or bring and i will bring other stuff too. though i have room i want to be up there with everyone else too. we will work it out. :heart:

if you need a hand with anything on Saturday, we can drive over and help you get loaded up. just let us know. :heart:

#47 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 815 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:38 AM

Thank you Nancy for offering up the crash space!

Not sure if I will make it the night before. Ryan and band take the stage at ... 10 pm-ish... Maybe can make it if I leave work a little early...

Today was... a fog of a monday.

#48 katmama

katmama
  • VibeTribe
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

wow sara b. thank you for those links. this has cleared up for me the mystery of my epileptic brother mitch's death at age 26 in 1980. SUDEP wasn't even on the radar screen when he died during a seizure that lasted hours. wow. i'll be sending these links to my sisters. we never knew.. 8.-(

#49 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

I wish I could make this. :(
I have work scheduled stuff in NJ and Philly on Friday and Monday.
I will be there in spirit. <3

#50 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

(((Katmama)))

i am so sorry for your loss :heart: much love to you and your sisters, and hopes that more information leads to deeper healing.