• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#201 Mr_Pat

Mr_Pat

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

Holly shit..... i am just seeing this....

I am so saddened

#202 Bob K

Bob K

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

Dear Neeko,

I think Julia would be most pleased with your use of the letter 'u' in humor.

Not from Canadia but a fan,

Bob

Dear Julia,

I am so sad right now. We were all so very lucky to have had you in our lives in one way or another.

You were so smart, so funny, so honest, and so real and I am so very, very sad that you've gone. My heart goes out from the other end of the earth to Brian, to your family and to all of your friends and loved ones.

I know that wherever you are now, the grammar and the sense of humour have both been improved. Thank you so much for your friendship :heart:

Love,
Nicko

#203 donna4128

donna4128
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

just waking to this now.
so....not....fair! :heart:

#204 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

rest in peace julia, :heart: wonder woman of weaving so many colorful tapestries of words with your wit. too young to leave, my heart goes out to your family and closest friends. thank you for making us laugh, and letting us love you and your beautiful smile.

#205 wabbit

wabbit
  • VibeTribe
  • 785 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

Wishing all of you who knew Julia in person love, strength and comfort. While I never had the pleasure of meeting her, she was the reason I opened alot of threads around here. My thoughts are with you all---

#206 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,823 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

I had to run to Walmart last night with my Dad, and while there, I bought a Wonder Woman action figure, she's sitting on my dresser now :heart:

#207 betho

betho
  • VibeTribe
  • 129 posts
  • Locationin the woods

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

:heart::heart: love and serenity to all who were touched by her :heart::heart:

#208 Baidarka

Baidarka
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

:heart:

#209 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

#210 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

i am thankful for the scrabble goddesses, the punctuation queens, the wonderous women, the brocolli girls ..... all over the universe <3

#211 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

I don't even know what to say, this is so shocking and sad

#212 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

Like others have said I never had the privilege of meeting her and always hoped to. I feel like the universe has robbed me of a wonderful opportunity. But like I told Jenny last night she has touched so many people and made such a positive impression on the world she will live forever :heart:

#213 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,071 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

I don't remember exactly what her take on the afterlife was, but if she believed she'd have a family reunion there, I reckon there's quite a homecoming parade being held in her honor. :heart:

#214 billybones

billybones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

i give thanks today for knowing you
and suspect we'll meet again
so i'll just say "later, Jewels"
my sweet and funny friend

Posted Image

#215 squankind

squankind
  • VibeTribe
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

#216 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

#217 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for 10 years of friendship, Julia.

#218 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 916 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

Miss you dearly Julia.

It's hard to believe, still in shock.

I think I met Julia through the Board, but I knew her more 'off the board'.

Met her when I lived in Toronto for two years. She truly was a lifesaver at the time. She was Wonder Woman. Also, in Toronto, was a bit 'alone in the cold' in terms of any friendly local music scene. She introduced me to a great group of people up there. People whom I'm still friends with...

Julia, apologies for my grammar...

#219 LisaMarie

LisaMarie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

I am so sorry to hear this news.
Peace to Patchoulia :heart::heart::heart:

#220 KtotheP

KtotheP
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

Wow.

I only knew her through her posts/blog and to say she was hilarious would be an understatement.

My Deepest Condolences to Everyone.

#221 manzanita stark

manzanita stark
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

:heart::heart:

#222 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

I know this song has been around for way longer than she was, but whenever I heard it, I inexplicably thought of her:

#223 robberry

robberry
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,219 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

#224 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

I don't even know what to say, besides I'm deeply saddened by this.

On this American Thanksgiving(cause we all know the 'real' one was about a month ago) I am thankful for each and every one of you.

I really wish we all lived closer. I so wanted to be in the presence of boardies last night....although to non phish phans had a mini dance party with me in honor of Julia

Would anyone be interested in getting together to do our own memorial service for her? I'm so mad at myself for not having apassport to go to her real services. I'd be willing to offer up my place as a hosting ground (Northern NJ)....

#225 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Dear Julia,

I am so sad right now. We were all so very lucky to have had you in our lives in one way or another.

You were so smart, so funny, so honest, and so real and I am so very, very sad that you've gone. My heart goes out from the other end of the earth to Brian, to your family and to all of your friends and loved ones.

I know that wherever you are now, the grammar and the sense of humour have both been improved. Thank you so much for your friendship :heart:

Love,
Nicko

:heart: (((BFFs))) :heart:

#226 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

my god, how terribly sad
i will miss her silliness around here

much love & strength to her friends & family :heart:

#227 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

#228 suunshine

suunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

omg :(

no words....

:heart: Julia's family :heart:

#229 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

so sad for a member of the boardie family...rip :cry1:

#230 mario

mario
  • VibeTribe
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

Most of these won't make any sense but Patchoulia was a big part of the 1109 Philly Sitcom series.
Laughing at the hilarity and hijinks of her past posts.

"The Poking Stick"

When the Eagles lose a big football game to the Giants, the crew's friend Jodi becomes a hermit, and won't leave her
apartment for anything, taking comfort in the bottle and completing her daily activities only with the use of a poking
stick. Hilarity and mayhem ensue when Pat accidentally wanders off into the Pine Barrens for a backpacking trip with
Jodi's poking stick, which he thinks is a hiking stick.

The Sinking Ship

After losing all their girlfriends in the flood, the band members of Sinking Ship decide to pack up and head for higher
ground, bequeathing their sailboat to Mike. Hilarity ensues when Mike can't seem to keep the ship afloat, nor his
relationships with women! Meanwhile, Britt becomes the arm wrestling champion of Northern Liberties, and Pat freaks
out when he runs out of peanut butter.

The Misunderstanding

Mike finds someone's journal under the sofa cushions and accidentally reads it. In it, the writer confesses to being
infatuated with one of their male roommates. Hilarity and hijinks ensue when Pat and Mike try to determine which one
of them Britt's hot for, with both insisting that it is them. Further hilarity and hijinks ensue when Pat and Mike end up
in bed together with nary a stich of clothing betwixt them.

The Air Conditioner
The housemates are at odds with each other when Pat thinks he's saving trees or something by constantly turning off
the air conditioner in the heat of the summer. Mike & Britt are jealous of zany neighbor Mario's air-conditioned ice
palace, and kooky frustrated neighbor Rob can't sleep when his air conditioner leaks all over his bed. It all erupts in
one hilarious neighborhood fiasco when Pat tries to steal Britt's air conditioner in the middle of the night, and a
rooftop chase ensues.

Foreign Relations

Pat, Britt and Mike are shocked when foreigner Patchoulia shows up on their doorstep from Canada unannounced!
Hilarity and hijinks ensue when they go against their better judgement and invite her to stay. Tension grows as it
becomes obvious that she's way cooler than any of them.

#231 matty

matty
  • VibeTribe
  • 916 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

Brian posted this on jambands.ca ...

http://www.jambands....d/258780/all/1/

Yesterday morning I lost the love of my life. Julia brought smiles, laughs and love to every person and place she touched, including Jambands.ca.

I know we are all already missing her dearly, but with the help of friends and family you'd be surprised at what you can get through.

I appreciate the kind words and emails from other venues, but as I have said before, Jambands.ca is what brought Julia to me. I can never repay that debt, as I had almost 8 full years of love and laughter with my sweet "Prettyface".

I believe plans are in the works for a Grossman's show where we can all continue to fulfill Julia's wishes of ensuring the celebration of life continues.

I made the funeral services this morning, and they are as follows:

Funeral services have been made at Turner & Porter at 2357 Bloor Street West, Toronto, at Windermere Avenue east of the Jane subway station.

Visitation will be on Tuesday November 30 from 2-4pm and 6-9pm, with the Funeral Service on Wednesday December 1 at 3pm. I will post more details with a web address for updates later.

Thanks for all your kind wishes and support. You have no idea how much it means to me.

#232 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,071 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

Thanks, Matty. :heart: ((Basher))

#233 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

So sad to read this news. I can't even fathom this. So young and so tragic. :heart:

RIP Julia

Love to you all on this heart breaking day. :heart:

#234 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

We had a few moments of rememberance, sort of a mini-wake last night at Zach Deputy, who very kindly said a few words to the room about Julia. I have the set if anyone wants to tell me a quick way to get it on the internets for downloading. Jamie, Terry and I shared some tears and some grief and were all a bit shell-shocked.

#235 Crayzee

Crayzee
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

just saw this and its made me very sad
rip and condolences to her fam & friends

#236 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

I know others have echoed this, but I have to as well. Wish I had a chance to meet her. She struck me as an amazing person. I'm glad I got to know her a little from around here and I always loved her sense of humor. :heart:

This.

RIP, my favourite Canadian...<3

#237 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

Since there's a purge going on ....is there a special thread to bump to keep her inspiration and humor here....

#238 basher

basher
  • VibeTribe
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hey guys. Well, as I am sure you all know by now, words cannot express how devastating this is for all of us. I only read through page one of this thread so far, the outpouring of love just moves so much.

If you want to get a hold of me with pictures I may not have (not THOSE ones!), please do so at basherman@gmail.com .

I know I only met a few of you in person, but it was only because of Julia. I really miss her and I know you guys do too.

I want you to know that I am surrounded by friends and family with me in Toronto, and countless others sending me love from all over the globe.

I'll post again when I can make it past page one.

My chin is up.

#239 basher

basher
  • VibeTribe
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Photos can be emailed to me at basherman@gmail.com. My phone number is 416-702-3555 and if you want to talk, I am here for you, just like all my friends and family are here for me.

#240 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,700 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

my deepest sympathies, and healing vibes are sent your way. Julia was so special. i'm honoured to have known her. :heart: :heart:

#241 busker4freedom

busker4freedom
  • VibeTribe
  • 737 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

At first I did a search for STAND BY ME, but then I found this:

She's THERE now...

#242 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 471 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

hang in there brian. (((basher))) :heart:

#243 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:25 AM

:heart: :heart: :heart: My sincere condolences go out to you Basher, I'm so sorry :heart: :heart: :heart:

#244 Some1lls

Some1lls
  • VibeTribe
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:39 AM

OMG this breaks my heart
So young so beautiful and sooo very sad.
Love and Peace to all who knew her :heart:

#245 Les Moonves

Les Moonves
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

Understatement of the century:
Posted Image

Count me among those who never had the privilege of meeting Julia in person, but who were nonetheless touched by her humour, generosity, and spirit. My sincerest condolences to Brian, and to the whole Vibes family.

#246 Dr. StrangeHat

Dr. StrangeHat
  • VibeTribe
  • 424 posts
  • LocationWestbrook, ME

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:27 AM

I found out about this last night and this is the first time I've had an internet connection where we are. I can't believe this. :undecided:

[img]http://web.archive.org/web/20031013115056/http://b-diddy.com/IT%20001.jpg[/img]

This was the first time I met Julia, when you guys were parked across from us in RV land at It.

Seriosuly, one of the funniest and most genuine people I ever met.

I can't find the right words, so I'll just say rest in peace Julia. You will truly be missed.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

#247 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

Brian (I met you at Kimmy's over some madlibs and great company), I wish you all the comfort you need to see you through this. I am so very blessed to have known her and I am glad she had your love in her life.

#248 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

I don't even know what to say, besides I'm deeply saddened by this.

On this American Thanksgiving(cause we all know the 'real' one was about a month ago) I am thankful for each and every one of you.

I really wish we all lived closer. I so wanted to be in the presence of boardies last night....although to non phish phans had a mini dance party with me in honor of Julia

Would anyone be interested in getting together to do our own memorial service for her? I'm so mad at myself for not having apassport to go to her real services. I'd be willing to offer up my place as a hosting ground (Northern NJ)....

a memorial service would mean a lot to a lot of people, i think :heart:

#249 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,071 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:48 AM

I can't imagine a phish show at which she won't come to mind, especially this new year's run.

#250 basher

basher
  • VibeTribe
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:05 AM

So finally I was able to make it through the entire thread. Wow is all I can say. Mike, those words mean a lot to me, even though I always knew them to be true in your heart. Julia spoke fondly of you, and I know how special your relationship was.

To all the vibes people I met "in passing", I remember you all and I look forward to hugs when I see you next.

Now, as the person who knew Julia the best, I will be making every effort to pay proper tribute to her wishes. She would demand that the party continue, as we have little time to waste making memories with our friends and loved ones.

I will be in Las Vegas over Christmas with family and friends. And I will be in New York City to visit the only church I know for three nights in a row through 1/1/11, which I am really looking to as a significant reset. I hope to see lots of you there, and hope that by then that pain is a touch more bearable for us all.

Lots of love from Toronto,
Brian