Official David Byrne @ 2011 Vibes Rumor thread

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Orpheus

Orpheus
  • VibeTribe
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

I think we deserve a David Byrne appearance at Vibes 2011.

Can we make it happen???:good_idea:

#2 StoneKid

StoneKid
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts
  • LocationNew Bedford, MA

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

I could get on that bandwagon!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

#3 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

Why not have the Tom Tom Club as his back-up band?:Phishfolk:

#4 Orpheus

Orpheus
  • VibeTribe
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

Oh yeh, Tom Tom! I'm Down Down!:wook:

#5 shady.grove

shady.grove
  • VibeTribe
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

David Byrne is on my Bucket List! PLEASE, OH PLEASE!

#6 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

:smile: Would make a nice Sunday show

#7 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,170 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

one of my favorite performers :) i'm on this bandwagon!!

#8 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

what if he only plays music the last cd and 2 hits ?

<< has the deluxe edition:funny1:

#9 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

I like it, I like it a lot.

#10 Jersey_Girl

Jersey_Girl
  • VibeTribe
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:24 AM

:dance:that would be awesome

#11 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,615 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

me too!!! :boogie:

#12 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

I had to enter into here to when i saw David Byrne in title of thread. Unless he is touring there is no shot of a one off and he's not going to be touring in 2011

#13 Orpheus

Orpheus
  • VibeTribe
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

Jonez it would be relatively easy for Dave to come from NYC to BPT for a 1 timer. He has a regular core of musicians who could put on a full show no prob.

p.s. And how about these guys from PA.:one:

http://www.myspace.c...makingsenseband

#14 Danimal

Danimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

This would be awesome!!!

#15 Condormania

Condormania
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,387 posts
  • LocationDerby

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

Maybe for Sunday... I would rather see someone else.

#16 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,033 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

Why not have the Tom Tom Club as his back-up band?:Phishfolk:

:lol:
I'd bet you that if that happened, they probably wouldn't be playing any Talking Heads material.

#17 zomblin_jones

zomblin_jones
  • VibeTribe
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

Jonez it would be relatively easy for Dave to come from NYC to BPT for a 1 timer. He has a regular core of musicians who could put on a full show no prob.

nyc? i heard he has a house in westport, so not even that. he lives two towns over, to the best of my knowledge

:lol:
I'd bet you that if that happened, they probably wouldn't be playing any Talking Heads material.

i know the tom tom club doesn't regularly do talking heads things, but they played a show at ftc a little while back - within the past two or so months, i believe - that i wasn't able to make; but, i heard they busted out some talking heads songs during the set; i heard "psycho killer" was the encore

#18 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,033 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

i know the tom tom club doesn't regularly do talking heads things, but they played a show at ftc a little while back - within the past two or so months, i believe - that i wasn't able to make; but, i heard they busted out some talking heads songs during the set; i heard "psycho killer" was the encore

Yeah, David does some too in concert. But David has no interest in doing a TH reunion thing. Chris Franz did an interview on NPR about 6 months or so ago, and one of the topics brought up was a Talking Head reunion. He said that he had dinner with David a few months earlier and started to ask him about it, but David cut off by him before he could complete the thought, saying he had no interest in doing a reunion thing.

#19 zomblin_jones

zomblin_jones
  • VibeTribe
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, David does some too in concert. But David has no interest in doing a TH reunion thing. Chris Franz did an interview on NPR about 6 months or so ago, and one of the topics brought up was a Talking Head reunion. He said that he had dinner with David a few months earlier and started to ask him about it, but David cut off by him before he could complete the thought, saying he had no interest in doing a reunion thing.

that's very disappointing. i'd still like to be optimistic though and figure that even if they don't do a reunion or anything, that wouldn't hold any of them from doing a few talking heads songs during a show. either way, i'm down to see david byrne at vibes

#20 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,033 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

that's very disappointing. i'd still like to be optimistic though and figure that even if they don't do a reunion or anything, that wouldn't hold any of them from doing a few talking heads songs during a show. either way, i'm down to see david byrne at vibes

If either of them played, I'd be surprised if they didn't play some Talking Heads material.

#21 mfish88

mfish88
  • VibeTribe
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

David Byrne is on my Bucket List! PLEASE, OH PLEASE!

saw Byrne at the Austin City Limits MusicFest a couple years ago....awesome show....I saw the Talking Heads in 82 and 83 and have been a Byrne fan for decades.....if he's at the festival it will be one of the best shows for the weekend

#22 freshwater dan

freshwater dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:17 AM

You can never go wrong with a David Byrne show. I've seen him at Bonnaroo and about 5 other times. He always plays Talking Heads tunes, and other songs (some really great covers) you will definitely recognize.

#23 drvic

drvic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

Only if he has the Heads backing him. If he is by himself he is just gonna talk about bicycling for 2 hours. :coffee:

#24 freshwater dan

freshwater dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:56 AM

Unless he is doing a solo acoustic show, he always has a top notch backing band.

#25 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,139 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

I'm surprised they're even civil enough to sit down for a meal together.

#26 freshwater dan

freshwater dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:53 AM

Check out this video (music by David Byrne and Fat Boy Slim)... well worth it!