• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,792 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

:lolChiefJusticeRobertsisaTaxSupportingLiberal: :rofl:

Or did he up and emigrate to an Austrian Economics country (if there were such a thing)? :huh:

Didn't see him post in the SCOTUS thread...

:undecided:

(((TASB)))

#2 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,774 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

He is probably hoarding antibiotics right now before the poor people get to them.

#3 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

He left the country because all YOU loliberals have ruined 'merica today

Either that or he's out signing up for free health care

#4 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,774 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

small print FTW :pimp:

#5 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,416 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

small print FTW :gregoir:

:funny1:

#6 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,764 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

Posted Image

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

I'M done being insulted before debates because I wont lock step in your group think on political issues. But feel free to further insult. As if this is new. Keep it up, and I'll likely not be around to insult at all.

#8 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

Seriously?

I love the shit out of you man, but I think you need to take a step back (no pun intended) and maybe accept the fact that perhaps you have more of a problem with people who don't lock step with your beliefs than they do with you not lock stepping with their beliefs.

I love what you bring to the table. Fact: I'd vote Ron Paul because of knowledge you've pointed me too. Also Fact: I don't think Obrahma is the devil as much as you do.

It's really concerning to me though that it appears that you're willing to let politics drive a wedge between you and your friends.

#9 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,673 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

deep breaths. Tomorrow is another day.

#10 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,092 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

obama is a golden god

#11 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,774 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

I'M done being insulted before debates because I wont lock step in your group think on political issues. But feel free to further insult. As if this is new. Keep it up, and I'll likely not be around to insult at all.

bwahahahaha ok there pookie. hit the stem again

#12 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,092 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

the role of the drama queen is reserved for me.....yall better recognize :lol:

#13 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

#14 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,774 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

the role of the drama queen is reserved for me.....yall better recognize :lol:

Apparently someone is trying to take over. Better keep your :pimp: hand strong.

#15 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,673 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

Are you going to pile on and beat him until he bleeds or are a few deep welts enough to satisfy you?

Really. Stop.

#16 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,774 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

Are you going to pile on and beat him until he bleeds or are a few deep welts enough to satisfy you?

Really. Stop.

now who is trying to be the voice of reason :lol:

#17 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,047 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

There's a SCOTUS thread? Where?

I wanted to post that the President is def. getting some tonight!

#18 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,017 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

There's a SCOTUS thread? Where?

I wanted to post that the President is def. getting some tonight!

Nancakes. Lady Gaga is on tour.

#19 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Does this thread belong in the family forum? :teo: :devil2:

#20 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Wow, I just got done telling me 5 year old its not cool to gloat.

#21 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,764 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Wondering where the line is between teasing and bullying.

#22 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

It's different for everyone.
Some people are just more sensitive than others.
Best to know who you're dealing with before choosing to go down that road.

#23 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

I don't mind if you tease/bully me as long as you occasionally play with my hair :bouncey:

#24 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,353 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

I don't mind if you tease/bully me as long as you occasionally play with my hair :bouncey:

Jack would love to say the same thing :o

#25 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

He does. Only difference is he says it about the hair between his toes.

#26 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,792 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Honestly? Seriously? I wasn't being insulting - I was joking, Dave. And as far as lock-step, group thinking, I know you take on a "persona" on this board with the way that you respond to posts, but "ser biz" - you're one of the worst offenders at being demeaning to those that don't agree with your own beliefs. You continually post volumes of shit and laugh at the majority of the board as being too uninformed to understand the "reality" and how it all might be better under your train of thought if only we were more enlightened.

It was a joke - take a chill pill. ser biz

see above.

#27 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Wow, I just got done telling me 5 year old its not cool to gloat.

Go on and gloat, I say. Although I have to wonder how many people actually understand what transpired yesterday. It took a bunch of reading for me to see what really happened. Roberts decision was perfect. He laid to rest through precedent (and the eager frothy at the mouth lolberal judges joined in just to save the prez signature domestic TAX) the idea that congress has the authority to force citizens into commerce based on inaction. That is now laid to rest. Going forward, all pet projects like these are going to have to sold as exactly what they are, another taxation.

I really dont know why everyone is so excited about a brand new tax, higher insurance premiums and the potential loss of employer based healthcare bundles, but I'm perfectly content with the decision.

Didn't Obama claim this was not a tax? I guess he lied to you again and you're cheering for it. That's interesting friends.

#28 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,792 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

See - there you go again. Presuming that you are much better informed than the rest of us as to what actually transpired and the global ramifications of it. Honestly - you need to stop that. There's a lot of intelligent people here that think about these things as deeply as you do.

#29 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,993 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

The biggest complaint by all Chief Justices.

"Governing from the Bench" as they call it.

Basically it is something like this. Congress passes some stupid controversial law and wait for the court to either uphold it or declare it unconstituional.

I think what they did was the only thing to do. As Roberts said, the court does not make laws, they just enforce them based on evidence presented. From what it sounds like from the right is how can they do this it will cost so much money and taxes will have to be increased. Well that is not the courts job to decide that. Their job is to rule on the facts presented, not to rewrite the laws.

Yes there may be side effects of the ruling, but it is on Congress and president if it costs the tax payers money, not the courts fault.

#30 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,047 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

I agree that the significance of the Commerce clause part of the decision is being missed. Roberts got that completely wrong, it's ridiculous and goes against many many many years of precedent. But it's hard to know what kind of long term effect that will have, if any.

I also need to read the part on states not needing to comply with expanding Medicaid. It seems nonsensical, but I haven't read it.

To quote Erwin Chemerinsky on ScotusBlog
Second, the Court struck down the penalty on states that do not comply with the increased requirements for Medicaid coverage. The Court said that this was unduly coercive. But no state has to participate in Medicaid. It may be a difficult choice to turn down federal money, but there is a difference between facing a hard choice and being coerced. Moreover, the Court offered no criteria for how to determine when strings on grants become too coercive and this will open the door to challenges to many federal programs.

#31 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,993 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

See - there you go again. Presuming that you are much better informed than the rest of us as to what actually transpired and the global ramifications of it. Honestly - you need to stop that. There's a lot of intelligent people here that think about these things as deeply as you do.

:lol:

TASB and I have had the fiat currency debate. We agreed to disagree.

#32 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

I will say only one thing on this very complicated issue...while I am happy for the few that this will benefit, that truly need it, the truth is that many small business owners, republican by nature most of them, will see this as an added expense to hiring.

Combine that with a another Dem win (actually Republican loss will probably be more accurate) and hiring will cease once more. We'll be a couple of bad investments from the economic shitter...again.

#33 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

I dont know that a question of wonder is necessarily a presumption of understanding. But I see your point.

#34 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

He does. Only difference is he says it about the hair between his toes.

You guys really suck (and not in the good way either)

:joker:

#35 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,993 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

I will say only one thing on this very complicated issue...while I am happy for the few that this will benefit, that truly need it, the truth is that many small business owners, republican by nature most of them, will see this as an added expense to hiring.

Combine that with a another Dem win (actually Republican loss will probably be more accurate) and hiring will cease once more. We'll be a couple of bad investments from the economic shitter...again.

Dem win and Rep loss. F them both. If they could sit down like adults and stop throwing pissy parties they could have passed a Healthcare law that is good for everyone.

As long as we have a two party system, we all lose.

#36 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

You guys really suck (and not in the good way either)

:joker:

You're entitled to your opinion, even when it's wrong and I'll still get a big hug from you at Vibes! :kiss:

#37 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

This is from an article I posted in the other thread

http://www.gathering...n-is-coming-in/

George Montilio, who runs a 65-year-old family wholesale and retail bakery business in Brockton, is among the employers opting out.

"If we had to put health insurance into our company -- that would totally make us unprofitable," Montilio said. "It's almost seven percent of my gross."

With 70 employees - 30 full-time and 40 part-time - he calculates that complying with the mandate would cost him $300,000 per year in premiums. Instead, he chooses to pay the state's annual fines per employee, which for him amount to almost $20,000 a year.

"We pay the penalty," Montilio said. "My choice."

Montilio says he would like to offer health benefits to retain good employees, but he believes raising prices to foot the insurance bill would alienate customers.

"Absolute mandate - that's just not right. We feel that, you know, we should be able to make our own decisions to run our business," he said.

#38 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,993 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

George Montilio, who runs a 65-year-old family wholesale and retail bakery business in Brockton, is among the employers opting out.

"If we had to put health insurance into our company -- that would totally make us unprofitable," Montilio said. "It's almost seven percent of my gross."

With 70 employees - 30 full-time and 40 part-time - he calculates that complying with the mandate would cost him $300,000 per year in premiums. Instead, he chooses to pay the state's annual fines per employee, which for him amount to almost $20,000 a year.

Montilio says he would like to offer health benefits to retain good employees, but he believes raising prices to foot the insurance bill would alienate customers.

"Absolute mandate - that's just not right. We feel that, you know, we should be able to make our own decisions to run our business," he said.

This is what admendments are for. Now put pressure on congress to fix this stupid law.

#39 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'll bet the top brass and HR here were mulling over the expense saved for paying the penalty instead of providing the current insurance plan too. I'll bet we'll see quite a few unintended consequences from the passage of this taxation. There are also the tid bits involving compliance from businesses such as adding booby suckling rooms (which should have glass windows IMO) and other overhead expenditures for small/mid leval business. Time will tell.

#40 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

What is the cut off for company size in Mass where an employer is required to provide health insurance or face fines? My old employer did not provide health insurance to his 8 employees; he also didn't pay fines.

#41 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

You're entitled to your opinion, even when it's wrong and I'll still get a big hug from you at Vibes! :kiss:

You'd think I'd be wrong at least once but it hasn't happened yet. I'll let you know when IF it ever does.

There WILL be leg humping involved with the hug

^^^ right again

#42 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

What is the cut off for company size in Mass where an employer is required to provide health insurance or face fines? My old employer did not provide health insurance to his 8 employees; he also didn't pay fines.

I think it's 10

#43 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

You'd think I'd wrong at least once but it hasn't happened yet. I'll let you know when IF it ever does.

There WILL be leg humping involved with the hug

^^^ right again

Reminds me of my ex, who used to (and probably still does) pompously say, "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.".

#44 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,353 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

I'll bet the top brass and HR here were mulling over the expense saved for paying the penalty instead of providing the current insurance plan too. I'll bet we'll see quite a few unintended consequences from the passage of this taxation. There are also the tid bits involving compliance from businesses such as adding booby suckling rooms (which should have glass windows IMO) and other overhead expenditures for small/mid leval business. Time will tell.

There is nothing sexual about mothers nursing. Do you have an issue with mother's nursing in the workplace? Perhaps restrooms shouldn't be provided either?

#45 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,017 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Posted Image

#46 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

There is nothing sexual about mothers nursing. Do you have an issue with mother's nursing in the workplace? Perhaps restrooms shouldn't be provided either?

I don't have an issue with women breastfeeding at work. But I do have an issue with my business being mandated (taxed if I don't) to supply a special room for women do so.

#47 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

I don't have an issue with women breastfeeding at work. But I do have an issue with my business being mandated (taxed if I don't) to supply a special room for women do so.

To each their own. I've had new moms as employees in the past. When they needed to pump breast milk, I let them use my office. I don't think telling them to go to the bathroom is a reasonable option.

#48 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Oh good lord....

It was a joke. One I thought would seem rather clear, but apparently not. Bathrooms? How about flooring? Why should anyone need to walk around..... Good god Aug is right. The intertron is no place to bother with a discussion such as this. It is an exercise in complete futility.

#49 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

This is what admendments are for. Now put pressure on congress to fix this stupid law.

How could that be done without passing the costs on to someone else?

#50 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,993 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

How could that be done without passing the costs on to someone else?

Use the Jetsons technology.

Posted Image