• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ashleyoverdrive

ashleyoverdrive
  • VibeTribe
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hi all,

My little sister is currently at a sports camp focusing on rowing [crew]. She loves the sport and is having a great time but she's requested a care package from home - specifically, cookies! Our grandma used to send us cookies in a shoebox so it's a strange yet delicious tradition in my family. She doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, at least not like I do, and prefers cookies with peanut butter or dried fruit as opposed to chocolate or marshmallows. We always include oats in our typical chocolate chip cookie recipe [about a cup & a half]. Curious if anyone had any other cookie suggestions? Or even desserts in general we could try at home once she gets back.

ps I did post this thread in the food forums, but I figured someone here might be able to give me some tips? haha

#2 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 614 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

How about home-made energy bites.  Two of these babies before a workout and I'm a machine.  Likewsie, they're an excellent recovery snack as well.  I added carob chips (not as sweet and healthier than regualr chocolate chips) to make it even more delicious.

http://www.gimmesome...o-energy-bites/