Choosing A Date...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

So, we're looking at next November to have our ceremony, either on 11 11 11 or 20 11 2011.

Yep, it's pretty much based on getting some auspicious numbers! :funny1: Well, okay, there are other reasons for wanting to do this in November, but those particular dates are our picks because they seem to sync with our ideals.

I've been emailing with a venue that we'd like to book, if it's feasible we are going to go take a look at it the next time Tyler is up here and then book it for next November. Kinda exciting all of this - we are both surprised at how much we are enjoying planning this event together!!! :lol: :ura1:

How did others pick a date for their big day? Was it random or did the date sync with you for some reason?

#2 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

Before we were engaged, I wanted a winter wedding 12/11/10
But then we didnt officially get engaged until August 27, 2011. LOL not planning a wedding in 4 months :lmao:
So, then I wanted 9/10/11 because that's very close to our anniversary...but it basically it came down to what was/is available.
A venue we loved was available 8/27/11 so we hopped on it. It's a year to the day we got engaged and it's a week before our anniversary. Seemed perfect for us.

And it's a weekend of LOVE, so many people I know and love either got married that weekend or got engaged that weekend...and it's my birthday weekend! :D

So the date is all to perfect. :clapping:

#3 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

we picked our date based on availability at our venue. we knew we wanted a spring/ early summer wedding... and chose a Sunday so my observant relatives could attend (couldn't be between sundown Friday- sundown Saturday). the actual date has no significance for us... other than the fact that it was almost exactly 1 year from the date we got engaged :)

#4 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

We had a hard time picking a date because we weren't sure what was going on with my Father's health. When we finally did decide (9/25/10), we thought that would be a good time of year. Not too hot, not too cold yet. I was a little nervous because we did it on the beach, outside, with really no backup plan if it did rain, but our day turned out perfect, and I know my Father was there in spirit looking down on me, happy and smiling. :heart:

#5 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

:heart:

We have no back up plan. :huh: :lol:

#6 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

Well, I mean, we did. The restaurant said we could do it there. They have had other couples do it in there. BUT...I was getting married on the beach...rain, snow, sleet. I didn't care. :lol:

SO glad we had a beautiful day. :)

#7 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, seeing how our date is in November, we are not counting on any help from Mother Nature at all... :funny1: It'll be "one-stop shopping" with the ceremony, reception and dinner/dance all held in the same space.

#8 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

We knew we wanted sometime in the summer and we took our brothers' vacation/travel schedules into consideration in choosing our date. My brother has all of July off every year so that was considered and we chose 7/10. Then my husband's brother told us he was travelling that day so we moved it up a week to 7/5. That worked out really well with the 4th holiday so people had an extra day to travel etc. Plus now we always have a day off near our anniversary.

I still wish we had gotten married on 8/25 since that's the date of our first date and the day we got engaged a year later. But it was a Wednesday or something so we decided to make it a separate "event."

#9 donna4128

donna4128
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

georgi, was your wedding in sandwich?

#10 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

georgi, was your wedding in sandwich?

Yup! :)

#11 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

Well, we got married on the beach in Sandwich...our reception was in Barnstable! :ura1:

#12 donna4128

donna4128
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

cool, my parents live across the st. from hemisphere restaurant. your pictures look close to that. it is beautiful down there. congrats!

#13 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

I know right where that is! We were on Scorton Shores! Down the beach across the creek!

#14 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

We definitely wanted to get married in the fall, but not too far into fall because we knew we were getting married outside on the beach. unfortunately the weather was perfect right up until the day of our wedding..then the temp dropped 20 degrees and it was very windy. We had to pick the date a week later than we wanted beause of family job conflicts, so it ended up being October 18, 2008. We had originally planned to get married in october of 2009 but decided to move it up because moe. was taking that fall off. yes, we're dorks. But it turned out to be a good thing b/c Chase's stepdad was killed in a horrible accident during his volunteer firefighting in Jan of 2009. We were so glad we had moved it up. :heart: We got engaged in July of 2008 and it only took us about a month to plan the wedding (it was very small and simple). My family still talks about how it was the best wedding they've ever been to.

#15 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

Camera man and I are getting married one year from the day he proposed.... we wanted to a summer wedding... on the farm with the groves in full bloom....

I think that no matter what day you pick it will be a special event.

#16 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

i picked steak and blowjob day, and when i checked and saw it fell on a saturday, i took that as a sign. and jay will never forget our anniversary. :devil:

#17 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

neither will Jason :lol: :lol: :lol: that was a very good day for your minister :devil: