The Met - Pawtucket, RI

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guyute

Guyute
  • VibeTribe
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Anybody know anything about it or the area?

We're going to see Tab Benoit there on Friday night and staying at the Comfort Inn.

Cabs?
Bars?
Good restaurants?

#2 WindDancer

WindDancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

The Met is great!! Not sure where the Comfort Inn is, but I would suggest heading into Providence for dinner. The surrounding neighborhood is not the greatest, but if you go up toward Hope St. there are tons of places up there. Not sure you're price range, but there's an awesome mexican place prob about 1 mile from the Met called El Tapatio. Great food, amazing margaritas! Wickenden and Thayer St are 2 other great places to get food/drinks a little further away. Cabs aren't usually waiting around for people coming out of bars, but I'm sure if you called one up, they would come by and pick you up. I don't usually use cabs while in Providence/Pawtucket area, but I know others who have. Be sure to ask rates before they get to you, there's usally a flat rate and the per mile and it can get a bit pricey.

Let me know if you have any other questions. The Met is a really cool place! It's an old factory that has been converted into little shops/bars. Also, if you like farmer's markets, there is an AWESOME farmer's market in Lippit park, which is less than a mile from the Met. I totally reccomend it!

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,272 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Ooo, I like Tab Benoit, ENJOY!

#4 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,272 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Did you know that his last name is pronounced all French like rather than phonetically? :crazy:

#5 Guyute

Guyute
  • VibeTribe
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

I think it's pronounced Sade Croissant.

#6 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,272 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

:funny1:

#7 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,723 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

:lol: great name for a band... Sade Crossiant

The Met is a great venue! Is the Comfort Inn on Main Street? If so, it's the hotel I'm thinking of and it's less than 2 miles from the Met.

Have a great show!!

#8 Guyute

Guyute
  • VibeTribe
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

The Comfort Inn is the only hotel in Pawtucket. I think it's on Grand St right above 95.

#9 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,723 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Ah! That would make sense, since it's the ony one I've ever stayed in after gigs there.

#10 Guyute

Guyute
  • VibeTribe
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

george st...right near all the detours

#11 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,528 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Tab Benoit has his own fest every year......The Benoit Ball

#12 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 17,240 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Is that like the Schweddy Ball?

#13 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • VibeTribe
  • 516 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

Tab makes his way to Rhode Island a couple times a year, usually playing at Chan's in Woonsocket. You'll have a great time at the Met. If you like soul food, LJs is right down the street on the Providence/Pawtucket line...great food...head further south on Hope Street and you'll come to Brown University and Thayer Street. Lots to do.

#14 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Awesome!
El Tapitio I've heard good things about- but I would HIGHLY recommend The Garden Grille in Pawtucket. I'll make the 20 minute drive (Equivalent to an hour drive for anyone who lives outside of Rhode Island) up there just for their black bean roasted butternut squash quesadilla. Its a vegetarian joint (fair warning) but their food is damn good (and I :heart: meat)

The Garden Grille
Open till 10pm
(And I'm pretty sure LJ's bbq is in the same plaza as the garden grille)

NOM!

#15 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

Taxi=401-941-1122 out of all the crappy cabs companies in the Providence area they suck the less....still suck and lie about pick up times but over the past 10 years they are still the best.

Food=Federal Hill area for great and sort of expensive food....great Jamaican place there. Really a shit ton of great food in Prov, some as well in Pawtucket...even some BYOB beer and wine that really cuts down on the cost of an evening out.

Be sure to visit one of the nicest communities in the greater Providence area know as Central Falls, it makes 9 out of 10 white people say "let's get the fuck out of hear"=fact.

#16 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:29 AM

Garden Grill is AMAZING. Bit pricey but oh so worth it. Quality of the meal makes it an excellent value.

If you want some cheap latin food in Pawtucket there is:

Tacos Don Nacho - stationary taco truck, unbelievably tasty Steak, sometimes you can get Lengua, sketchy ass neighborhood
http://www.yelp.com/...nacho-pawtucket
La Arepa - bomb ass Venezuelan food
http://www.yelp.com/...arepa-pawtucket

oh yeah I gotta add, eff The Met. Ef it so hard in it's effin A. Cool place though.

Eff The Met.

#17 deadandgrateful

deadandgrateful
  • VibeTribe
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

the met sucks balls.

#18 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:25 AM