• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

I just wanted to start the discussion of how we keep ourselves safe at festies. for me, #1 is strength in numbers.I try to hang with at least one other person in recovery all weekend long. I never go into general population camping alone,too many temptations. #2 People. My old tribe is my old tribe for a reason. I can be friendly and social but I can't hang long and I don't go alone. #3 I usually don't make a push for the rail anymore. I no longer tolerate people falling all over me well anymore and the smoke can get thick. To avoid any anger on my part, I simply hang back and find a little more dancing space.#4 Phone numbers! I have a short list of sober people who are at the show and I use it. Anybody else have any suggestions

#2 SpeedwayBoogie

SpeedwayBoogie
  • VibeTribe
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

I avoid the conversation in my head that tells me I have nothing to offer and that people don't want to be around me. Instead, I throw myself at everyones feet and either join them or invite them to do what I want. Either one is fine as long as it is 1) with other people 2) clean/sober 3) fun 4) causing no harm 5) more fun.