found a great crochet site

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mommabates

mommabates
  • VibeTribe
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

Lots of great, easy patterns. Check it out and tell me what you think!!!

No, this is not bull crap to get you to click on some link to get your email. I just thought it had some really nice stuff.

http://crochetme.com/patterns

#2 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

Great site! :thumbup:

Too bad I only know the basic crochet stitch and nothing fancy. I need to better my skills. :)

#3 Amethyst

Amethyst
  • VibeTribe
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

awesome! thanks!

#4 mommabates

mommabates
  • VibeTribe
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

Great site! :thumbup:

Too bad I only know the basic crochet stitch and nothing fancy. I need to better my skills. :)

The beauty of crocheting is that is is ALL based on one simple stitch. If you can make a chain, you can do any stitch. Maybe it is the abbreviations in a pattern that confuse you.

Master 'single crochet" and 'double crochet". Once you get that far, most other stitches are based on those. Also, try a patern that is "easy". (most patterns tell you in the beginning is they are 'easy' advanced' or 'intermediate'. If you get stuck, just Google the stitch you are having trouble with, and add the word 'tutorial'. (IE: treble stitch+tutorial). I have found this very helpful when I get lost in a pattern.

If you need help, pm me.:v:

#5 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

I definitely will! Thanks! :)

See, my problem is that when I crochet, I "knit" too much. I use my fingers where I'm not supposed to. I help the yarn along. :lol: :blush: