Photo
- - - - -

Nucka's in a beautiful parking lot somewhere (obit)

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#201 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

Nucka's death has brought a lot of old time faces back to the boards. It sucks it's for a sad reason, but I think he'd be happy knowing he strenghtened our community. (I say this not knowing him at all mind you, besides his internet persona)

#202 kindsisterkathy

kindsisterkathy
  • VibeTribe
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNorth Red Sox Nation

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

:heart:

#203 Terry Bo Berry

Terry Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:43 AM

First chance I have had to log on- I met Tim for the first time "in person" this past Vibes. Glad I had a chance to say hello. Too young to say goodbye.... but goodbye my friend. :heart:

#204 Creekie

Creekie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

oh yes. i remember that party and the famous knife fight :) also mama flapjacks made breakfast i believe.

no fight, I got him to calm down and give me the knife.:wink:

I've been thinking about/missing the early days a lot.

#205 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

one of my favorite memories of him was the catskills full moon retreat eating a silly breakfast with lots of good friends :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

#206 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:59 AM

sigh

RIP brother

#207 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:06 AM

Peace be with you, Stumbles <3

#208 Bob K

Bob K

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:58 AM

I'm pretty sure that's where Ms. Flapjack earned her name :)

#209 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

Lara Flapjack :thup: :)

#210 penned-pig

penned-pig
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

its pretty ironic after reading this post and looking at the pictures. ive hung with tim at many shows and festivals through the years and never knew he was nucka on here. tim and his guitar will be missed.

#211 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

I've been filled with so much sadness that it's been hard to come here the last few days. But reading these posts has made me smile:heart:

#212 chefjeff

chefjeff
  • VibeTribe
  • 700 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:04 PM

First met Tim at NYDeads Party in Albany years back! I was always upset with him about the drug talk on the boards so we really did not get along, He finally Got the fact he should not be talking about that stuff on the boards. He lived in the town right next to mine and we never hung out. Over the years he became more chill about stuff!!! I wish I had known what happened cause I would have gone to the wake!!! I did not really pay any attension to the sticky at the top :( He was a good guy and good guitar player. He is jammin with some cool characters now. We all have our evil crutches but deep down Tim and all of the Vibe Tribe still have great hearts.

Chefjeff

#213 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,095 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

:heart: folks :heart:

#214 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:12 PM

RIP Nucka...only met you a few times but you were a nice guy. I enjoyed reading the parts of your book you sent me. It would be cool to get that out. I hope you found your peace.

#215 Crayzee

Crayzee
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

wow- just noticed this thread
my condolences to his friends and family
met him once at that wild lake party
rip
hope you can get to hang with jerry, jimi, duane , bubblechick and my friend craig who passed on 09/09/01

#216 Milarepa

Milarepa
  • VibeTribe
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

Well I finally rememered what I forgot wich was I changed my name from marpa to milarepa I forget why. Sarah called last sat 2 tell me this and at first it took me a second to figure out who she was talking about cuss he was the last person I expected to die. I last saw him last april in lynn we hung about 4 just a short period cuss he was still with that woman who loved him just 4 what he could get her. (Ya there's spite there though not much we all got our issues) and I thought well plenty of time to see him later. Thought the same the last time I saw my dad. SuPpose I should stop asumming and be more social because there's no set rule on how long.... I've been on the up swing contracted to the executive office of environmental affairs for mass. Very nice state deparment runs farms and state parks and such. My therapist just told me she's pregnant so I'm happy for her. Although she's gone for good in 6 months (motherhood expectations) so I got that much time to consider if I wanna just jump and see another therapist or take a break from trying to think of how I feel and felt etc. Probably the latter, allready I know I'm past most of anything that's bothering me. I wish Tim had gone the therapy route instead of expect his doctor to fix everything with a pill (no come on! Everyone knows meds can't make issue cure themselves they just make it more manageable) but I'm done for now I got to much work 2 do. Please stay safe!
Chow

#217 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

love ya Mark. :) :heart:

#218 lunaone

lunaone
  • VibeTribe
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

good to see you working and well marpa

#219 bugwhipper

bugwhipper
  • VibeTribe
  • 686 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

I'm sad to hear of Tim's passing he was way too young. I hope he is in a better place. Be well Brother.

#220 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:36 AM

Sad news... May those he has left find peace. :heart:

#221 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:54 AM

one of my favorite memories of him was the catskills full moon retreat eating a silly breakfast with lots of good friends :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Where I met Tim.... We shared a room at the full moon , said little , had a good time....

#222 Luna

Luna
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,784 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerze

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

I never met the fella, but his writing here always struck me as talented in a mad genius sort of way. He had a way, a way that set him apart. His honesty here wasn't always popular, but that honesty let you know where he stood. Nothing but respect for that. He seemed a tortured soul to me. Sad to see it pass after just 33 years. Peace and strength to his loved ones. This can't be easy.

I never met him but I agree with this.

This is so sad. Love to his family and friends. :heart:

#223 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

I'm glad Mark checked in:heart:

#224 spacewoman

spacewoman
  • VibeTribe
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

So sad to hear this. My condolences to those that were close to him and are grieving. I liked the way he spoke his mind. His posts were fearless, honest, sensitive and reckless. I reckon that's what he was like, too. His presence will definitely be missed. I hope he is at peace now.

#225 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:10 AM

I liked the way he spoke his mind. His posts were fearless, honest, sensitive and reckless.

couldnt say it better myself :heart:

#226 melissa.phish

melissa.phish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

Holy shit, I just saw this. :cry1:

A fucked up individual, but a truly nice guy. he came to one of our Christmas parties and was very gracious.

#227 OnBongos

OnBongos
  • VibeTribe
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

:heart: RIP Nucka

#228 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

#229 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

i remember that party at Blindcamels! some good times were had that night...

my first encounter with real life boardies...that was 9 years ago, like this week or so!

mine, too :)

#230 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

was just goin thru my old PM's... found my last message from nucka, thanking me for being a "real life" friend. :heart: youre welcome nucka, and thank you. :heart:

#231 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:OnfskfMB3hf68M:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QakH6HIHwkg/THIhaSNY0EI/AAAAAAAAABw/oFzrzYqNYfg/s1600/nucka%2Bcola%2B.jpg[/IMG]
:dunno:

#232 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

that's odd.... i keep reading our last pm exchange and my response, drafted elsewhere, that i never finished, pasted and sent. i feel very badly about that, even though it probably wouldn't have affected a single thing. :(

#233 Mutant

Mutant
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

I had a dream that I visited Nucka last night. He was already passed, but was still on this physical plane. I told him how much his postings had moved me over the years, and how thought provoking he was. He thanked me and told me that he already knew. Although the dream wasn't particularly sad, I can't seem to shake it. :undecided:

One thing that I think of when I think about the passing of Nucka (and Jerry for that matter) is this:

Sometimes it's the cure that kills you, so you should avoid the sickness altogether.

#234 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

Sometimes it's the cure that kills you, so you should avoid the sickness altogether.

this is something that's been really bothering me.

I tried encouraging him to quit and get help (publically and via PM).

and he did.

wtf? maybe I should have just kept my opinion to myself. I don't know.

#235 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,828 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

this is something that's been really bothering me.

I tried encouraging him to quit and get help (publically and via PM).

and he did.

wtf? maybe I should have just kept my opinion to myself. I don't know.

No Chris lots of us encouraged him and help was what he needed. His original unwise decisions to get involved in the things he was involved in lead to this, not getting help.

#236 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

I had a dream that I visited Nucka last night. He was already passed, but was still on this physical plane. I told him how much his postings had moved me over the years, and how thought provoking he was. He thanked me and told me that he already knew. Although the dream wasn't particularly sad, I can't seem to shake it. :undecided:

i've had three dreams like this in my life after friends have passed. they all had cancer and when they came back to me in my dreams, they were whole, healthy, happy and wanting to tell me that they were ok. powerful dreams, they are all still vividly etched in my mind.

#237 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

i've had three dreams like this in my life after friends have passed. they all had cancer and when they came back to me in my dreams, they were whole, healthy, happy and wanting to tell me that they were ok. powerful dreams, they are all still vividly etched in my mind.

:heart: me too.

A year prior to my best friend taking his own life, my other best friend (who was also very.... not into living?) was killed after he passed out in the road and was hit.

In a VERY vivid dream.... I was walking down the road he was killed on and he rode up to me on a bicycle to tell me that it was ok, it was not my fault (long story... I left him at the party ..) and that he was in a place of peace.

Without that ~visit~ I'd never have really let it go - forgiven myself.

Same with Doug... about six months after he did it.... I "woke up" and he was sitting in a chair next to me.... now, he has a twin brother so at first I was confused... but I could always tell them apart where others could not so I knew it was him. .. . he also told me it was ok... and to go ahead and live my life.

:dunno: for these reasons I always feel extra empathy and compassion for those not feeling so great about things.... and take issue with those who wish to knock em down farther.

rambling. later. :heart:

#238 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:52 PM

not rambling at all, chris :heart:

#239 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

#240 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,452 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

rip

#241 mrs.peloquin

mrs.peloquin
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

I keep popping in and reading this thread, but I haven't posted anything, cause I didn't know him, even on the board we never had much interaction. I am still sooo moved by all these stories, and expressions -- I feel like its really a shame that I didn't know him better

RIP :heart:

#242 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,095 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:22 PM

Nancy, I'm sure you're the last person on here he'd want to feel bad re: anything to do with him. :heart: Reading his last posts on here, and on fb, I'm glad that UBC is that last person from here with whom he had 3D contact (by phone). My grandfather's been popping up a lot in my dreams, and I have a second deathiversary of a friend who has shown up post-mortem, many times, in a few days. Tim's presence is still strong, in the ether, whatever that means.

#243 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:31 PM

you're right, and i know. :heart: i did get to give him a hug at vibes, and he was in boardie camping, which i was happy about.

#244 donna4128

donna4128
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

[URL="<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KzgdKSRqKLY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KzgdKSRqKLY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>"]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KzgdKSRqKLY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KzgdKSRqKLY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/URL]

#245 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Tim's presence is still strong, in the ether, whatever that means.

I won't pretend to have known Tim well... but I've known "Nucka" from these boards for shit.... I don't even know how long.
The Crystal I mentioned earlier currently rests in my center console.... and will.

#246 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,095 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:19 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p0a-L6pQW1Q?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p0a-L6pQW1Q?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#247 purple cowboy

purple cowboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 920 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

Just saw this...

remember scurrying off with nucks several times at squantz pond at the first boardie gathering, him singing he's gone

#248 yummy_taraleigh

yummy_taraleigh
  • VibeTribe
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:02 AM

RIP Nucka

#249 wookie luvvah

wookie luvvah
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

OMG - I just saw this and I have chills. I'll have to go back and read - but I'm guessing his demons won the battle.

RIP Nucka.

#250 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:41 AM

OMG - I just saw this and I have chills. I'll have to go back and read - but I'm guessing his demons won the battle.

RIP Nucka.

well ultimately it all depends upon each individual's perspective...

but he was trying. He was off the shit. I'm not 100% certain but from what I understand he was either in outpatient treatment, or at the very least under a doctor's supervision using sublingual suboxone to ease withdrawal symptoms.

anyone with more information would have my sincere appreciation to clear this up for me if I'm wrong.