Photo

Will anyone be at the Ryan Montbleau Harbor Cruise in Boston?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 suburbanite84

suburbanite84
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

We won't be making it to Vibes due to the fact that we are saving for our wedding in October but had already planned this trip before setting the date. Just wondered if I would get to meet anyboardie/ I'm sure some of you are from Boston and would have good restaurant reccomendations. Probably staying in Quincy to make use of my marriott discount and taking the (T train?) downtown so we can have some drinks on the boat.

After party spots?
Also, couldn't find out what time the train or buses stop running back to Quincy. Don't want to get stuck with a $50 cab ride at 2AM

#2 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Get some sketties on the north end! You really won't find a bad restuarant over there. Overpriced maybe, but I've never had bad food. I like the Frutti di Mare at Maurizios. Clamgasm!

Last trips on the Red Line (and most of the T) are between 12-1am usually. So I'd expect to take a cab if you're back that late.

#3 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,519 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

Would have liked to hit this but working instead. Yeah think the T stops around midnightish.

#4 suburbanite84

suburbanite84
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

:bed:

#5 suburbanite84

suburbanite84
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

So, I managed to get a great deal at the Renasaince property a block away from the pier but it's only available Friday night. Hoping that once we are checking in I can extend my stay through the next night. Would be soooooo clutch.

#6 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

Across from the main stop in Quincy is a Home Depot that has a Duckin Donuts. Quincy and going to Boston and enjoying nightlife on the cheap is like dipping pizza in melted ice cream in my opinion. Between cabs and dealing with red line (train) routes it's just a mess to save a few (debatable) pennies. If your plans are still open look at hotels next to the Fleet Center. I stayed at a real shithole for small money and it was within crawling distance of everything important=downtown bars, the North End..... If you have to stay in Quincy at least sneak over the line on 203/Gallivan Blvd and check out the Irish bar featured on the Anthony Bourdain show, it and every place on that corner serve excellent food for small money.

#7 suburbanite84

suburbanite84
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

I was wondering the same thing though my discount through marriott is substantial. The room I am paying $69 plus parking for on Friday is $349 Saturday plus extra for parking. Especially given that we might be out late on Saturday it might be worth paying a little extra to stay close by. Really hoping they can push us through at the same place but not relying on it.

#8 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,519 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

That would be the Eire Pub in Dot

http://www.eirepub.c...e_Pub/Home.html

#9 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,363 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

i cant do the ryan cruises anymore...i am madly clausterphobic and the boat sells out but good...the dise is bad enough but at least there i can head out front for some air...on the boat i am trapped :shocked:

have fun for me, will ya? :dance:

had some damn good times on those cruises back in the day :clapping:

#10 suburbanite84

suburbanite84
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

When I saw the size of the boat on the website I was a little worried myself. I'm an out of towner so we'll probably hang out on the railing if possible and enjoy the sights along with the sounds.

#11 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

That would be the Eire Pub in Dot

http://www.eirepub.c...e_Pub/Home.html

Not Eire...rather EPIC! The place rocks...plus the pizza sub shop close to it has incredible lunch deals if you pay in cash.

Thumbs up for knowing a good neighborhood...

#12 -Q-

-Q-
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

it's a good size boat they do pack-em in though

#13 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

Boston and would have good restaurant reccomendations.

In Boston, the Black Rose, I have yet to take any family or friends to Boston without dining there. Excellent food, above par service and all the fresh off the boat Irish folks talk in that cool accent. If you like clam chowder, it offers one of my top 2 in the country for the best. Also, it's cheap at located right next to all the nightlife on State st.....also check out the Couch and couple blocks away for groovy nightlife....and do the epic pub crawl.

#14 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,363 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

def NOT trying to dissuade you from going
just stating why i cant go :sad:
its beautiful to see boston from the harbor and i hate missing them :bang:
wish he could play the Spirit of Boston, though :pimp:

#15 suburbanite84

suburbanite84
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

After 7 in a row at work I get to do some disc golfing then see Rusted Root again for only $2 on Thursday then hit the road for Boston Friday morning. Going to be a busy week but getting really pumped for it. :bliss:

#16 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,519 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Not Eire...rather EPIC! The place rocks...plus the pizza sub shop close to it has incredible lunch deals if you pay in cash.

Thumbs up for knowing a good neighborhood...

I've tipped more than a couple in there (grew up in Dot) One of my buddies was a regular there for years. For our Thurs. golf routine we'd hit Gerard's (just around the corner) for breakfast before and then the Erie afterward for the corned beef sandwich.

FYI the Irish bakery across the street is killer