Hate for my Suboxone Dr.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BAKD

BAKD
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

he's all about the almighty dollar,but for real, real, he's all about it.
I could go on and on ,but in a nutshell,he prescribes both and I asked him if he really Truely believes in the cause of getting people off of opiates .He could not answer me with a straight answer,and so I was a little pissed and just asked him straight up "I just need to know if you are part of the good side?",and still no answer,in all actuality ,he looked completely uncomfortable.Then i thought.Hmm,my doctors office is set behind a busy street,I need cash in hand EVERYTIME i have an appointment,get a bunch of scripts with all those beloved trusty orange stickers"controlled substance",for the past year the majority of people in waiting room=freaks,my doc knows he is just a part of the medical system BS that FLA has.
Im down to one pill a day,F this,Im getting off of Suboxone !!One monkey off ,another to go, I say!

#2 Mr_Pat

Mr_Pat

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

Good for you bro :jamguy:

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,233 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

All best, a Dr. who really cares makes the process a bit easier, from what I have seen.

Love & Strength :heart:

#4 BAKD

BAKD
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

All best, a Dr. who really cares makes the process a bit easier, from what I have seen.

Love & Strength :heart:

so I thought,how great this new "pill" is,meanwhile,what a trap!!!

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,233 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:22 PM

Yeah, however the Dr. is supposed to assist with weaning somewhere between 6 months to a year or slightly longer from what I understand.
Of course there is the concurrent counseling during treatment to get to the underlying issues that led to the addiction. A good Dr. would
make certain the two were working in unison so the tapering and ceasing of the Suboxone happens with relative ease.

Doing it without a caring Dr. takes a lot more inner strength. :heart:

#6 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:40 AM

Please be careful coming off them. I would hate to hear that something awful happened in a moment of weakness. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Not all Drs are bad, not all good either. We all know that there are bad people in all walks of life. If you feel strong enough to get of the meds than do it! But PLEASE BE SAFE! The best way I know is as a part of a structured program. BAKD I just sent you a pm

#7 BAKD

BAKD
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

thanks teo and george ,I agree it would be nice to have doctor unity for people here(Long Island),but seriuosly,its Doctor Shopping here just like any other place I suppose,but still,its easy for a Doctor
(just like mine)to get lost of his goal,and just take fact of making a living prescribing both ends to an uneasy way.It just sucks ,that is all.:sad:

#8 BAKD

BAKD
  • VibeTribe
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

who do you go to when you know your doctors office is a drug clinic for addicts,benefitting from addiction in all the wrong ways?In another words who "polices" these so called doctor feelgoods?Anyone know?

#9 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

I think this is a good place to start:
http://www.health.st...octors/conduct/

#10 DeadbeatDaydream

DeadbeatDaydream
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

There are good docs out there that care, you just gotta be completely honest with them and tell them you need someone who cares about your well being. I just went through detox for suboxone.. i got down to 2mg a day and honestly it was worse than any other withdrawl i've been through i think it's easier to just go through detox to get off the original opiate addiction and then try another method of keeping from relapse. I do hope that if you ever detox from suboxone that you are strong, and just tell yourself it'll get better.. it always gets worse before you feel better. being in a safe controlled environment with caring nurses helps. I made the mistake of not eating or drinking ( it was hard to) and my bloodpressure almost bottomed out from the meds they gave me for withdrawl.. so careful. but it is totally worth it afterwards. a clear mind and a non-toxic body is the best feeling, better than numbing your senses. *hugs* you should be proud of yourself!