• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

For some reason I was under the impression that this was going to be sort of a festival like they did at Indo. After looking online I saw that the shows begin at 7pm. Which mean there will only be time for 2 sets as they do with a normal show. Am I reading this wrong? Phish's pr is coming off as it is a festival when it's really just 3 shows. I'm confused.

#2 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,157 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yup. Your assumption is correct. This is just three regular shows.

#3 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

The only was this is like a festival is that you can buy 3-nite packs of tickets. Otherwise, it's just 3 Phish shows in AC.

#4 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Three regular shows....you can party in the lot before hand but since many people are going to be at the hotels I would anticipate that some of that partying will be done privately/at hotel pool etc

#5 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

This is kind of disappointing. Regardless of that it will still be a really fun time.

#6 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

i thought so too but i came to the realization you just did about 3 months ago so im a little more mentally prepared ;)

do you people think its safe to assume there will be a sh*t ton of people walking to/from the strip to the venue (and/or ample cab/shuttle/bikeguy sitches) and i shouldnt be worried about getting back and forth? cuz i kinda am haha

#7 phishNtrips

phishNtrips
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

no need to worry. It should be fine.

#8 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

When we went for another festival last summer it was tons of people...I would say getting there will be no issue BC you can get a cab at any hotel
Coming home will be a little more interesting......when the show ends there are going to be a lot of people looking for cabs so I would say either skip the encore our be willing to chill for a bit/walk home

#9 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

i dont mind walking, its the sketch factor (not the good kind, the AC kind), i imagine we'll be with a group anyway

thanks guys!

#10 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,088 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

Im sure there will be 100's of people walking south on Albany to the boardwalk. Everything will be kosher.

#11 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Im sure there will be 100's of people walking south on Albany to the boardwalk. Everything will be kosher.

i worked in AC for 20 years and can confirm this part. the route from venue to Boardwalk and back is one of the main arteries into/out of the city so the sketch factor will be lower there. use caution and travel in groups anywhere off the boardwalk late at night, but Albany Ave itself will see lots of foot traffic and i would expect a police presence along that route to insure safety...so i don't foresee any real safety issues there. if you are traveling solo try to stay with groups though. while you aren't traveling through the inner city part of AC, that element does exist and desperation makes people do bad things and take advantage of situations that leave you vulnerable. so don't make a target of yourself by walking around late at night spun out of your mind, ok?

buses run up and down Atlantic Avenue (walk over the bridge into Atlantic City, turn left at the monument) and jitneys run on Pacific Avenue which is one block closer to the ocean/Boardwalk...both run all night. so if you need a cheaper option or can't find a cab, use those. bus and jitney stops are clearly marked. just ask the driver to make sure the one you get on goes where you need it to go. from that side of town, some divert at center city (near the Expressway/Caesars/Trump Plaza) and some will run all the way to the other side of town (Revel/Showboat/Taj) and some will go to the Marina District (Borgata).

if anyone has other questions from a local perspective let me know. :)

#12 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

Posted Image

#13 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

awesome JT! thanks for the info and offer....

#14 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

yw! any time :)

#15 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Im sure there will be 100's of prostitutes walking south on Albany to the boardwalk. Everything will be kosher.

this.

#16 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,632 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

prostitutes on Albany Avenue...that would be new and different! they usually stay on Pacific Avenue, between the Trop and Trump Plaza, or at the HIV and methadone clinics further uptown.

yeah...for those who haven't seen the HBO special about prostitutes in AC, i reallllly wouldn't suggest spending much time with them. :lol:

#17 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 24,263 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

Have a great time :)

#18 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

prostitutes on Albany Avenue...that would be new and different! they usually stay on Pacific Avenue, between the Trop and Trump Plaza, or at the HIV and methadone clinics further uptown.

yeah...for those who haven't seen the HBO special about prostitutes in AC, i reallllly wouldn't suggest spending much time with them. :lol:

gotta hit the dizzy dolphin...few years back i went down there for the baldomir-gatti fight and we stopped at the ollll' dizzy d afterwards and got swarmed by hookers...so many to choose from we decided not to choose :lol: