Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,002 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Slice and put on a salad with Cesar or dressing of choice.

#3 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Well chicken salad is one option..... Dice chicken and add some celery green apple dried cranberries etc with mayo

Soup is another shred chicken and add to either a broth our tomato based stock w carrots onions celery

You could do something Mexican like taco or burritos or enchiladas w tortilla wrap, beans salsa, avocado etc
How much do you have and how much work do you want to do?

Low energy would be serve it on a bed of greens as a salad

#4 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,943 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Stir fry with some veggies, cashews, a little apricot jam and a splash of vinegar over rice...

#5 fit4lyf

fit4lyf
  • VibeTribe
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Cube chicken. Bertolli cheese ravioli cooked according direction on bag then let ravioli cool.
Salt, pepper, mayo, little sour cream,dry dill.
Combine all.serve cold.
So good!

#6 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,289 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Slice and put on a salad with Cesar or dressing of choice.

go with the cesar for the win!

or chicken tacos or quesadillas :drool:

#7 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

i usually make a quick & light tomato sauce, toss the chicken in towards the end to warm through & add it all to pasta
or a salad...that always works too

#8 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

i remember Chef Jeff doing something with Chicken, Pineapple, bacon & some type of duck suace - possibly on a stick ?

wrap bacon around a cube of chicken and chuck of pineapple, skewer, broil / bake until bacon is done - dip in sauce

or just skip the pineapple and sauce

anyway i think it had bacon, i know it it was very good

kia's party 2002 ?

#9 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I just made this Sunday night based off of the Indian Butter Chicken i've had in the past.
(I had leftover raw chicken, so I just cooked that first then cooked the rest in the same pot)
Posted Image
I sauteed some onions, garlic & small diced carrots in melted butter (2tbsp), when done sprinkled 2tbsp flour on top and mix to combine. Once sizzling, I deglazed with chicken stock (a bit at a time so it didn't get clumpy)
Then added a big dollop of Teddy peanut butter (~3/4 cup) and some peanut satay seasoning & a little (2tbsp) soy sauce (dark&sweet). I'd say if you don't have the satay sauce, you could just so some curry. Bring to a bubble, slowly add more stock (or water) to thin out a bit & add in chicken. Simmer to thicken. (Mine was a little too thin, so i made a thin paste with a few tablespoons of sauce and another tablespoon of flour (enough fat in the sauce to thicken)
Serve over rice (simmered in chicken stock of course)
Posted Image

#10 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,420 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

make a sauce of peanut butter, chicken stock, curry and tomato paste. add steamed veggies (i like cauliflower and peas or green beans) and serve over rice.

#11 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,005 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

I just made this Sunday night based off of the Indian Butter Chicken i've had in the past. (I had leftover raw chicken, so I just cooked that first then cooked the rest in the same pot) Posted Image I sauteed some onions, garlic & small diced carrots in melted butter (2tbsp), when done sprinkled 2tbsp flour on top and mix to combine. Once sizzling, I deglazed with chicken stock (a bit at a time so it didn't get clumpy) Then added a big dollop of Teddy peanut butter (~3/4 cup) and some peanut satay seasoning & a little (2tbsp) soy sauce (dark&sweet). I'd say if you don't have the satay sauce, you could just so some curry. Bring to a bubble, slowly add more stock (or water) to thin out a bit & add in chicken. Simmer to thicken. (Mine was a little too thin, so i made a thin paste with a few tablespoons of sauce and another tablespoon of flour (enough fat in the sauce to thicken) Serve over rice (simmered in chicken stock of course) Posted Image

this woman is a ninja with a wok :eek: :heart:

#12 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

De bone.....make into a sandwich. :wink:

#13 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,741 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Fajitas or a quesadilla! :)

#14 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,865 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Throw in the garbage and order a pizza ;)

#15 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,865 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

Okay.. Tabbooma would go witht he mexican or toss it into a salad

#16 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Chicken salad sammich is my fave way to enjoy leftover cooked chicken - I add halved green grapes along with mayo, finely chopped celery, cracked black pepper, and celery salt. Instead of lettuce, I use fresh green sprouts and like to serve it stuffed into fresh, soft, snowflake rolls - mmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmmmm! :drool: Guess what we're gonna have for dinner one night this week?! :lol:

#17 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

We're going out for pizza tonight! :jump:

#18 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,735 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

I was going to suggest ordering the pizza and using the chicken as a topping...nothing goes to waste :dinner1:

#19 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

Chicken breast goes well with noodles, rice or any other kind of pasta. Cook a pasta or rice dish, nuke the chicken and cut it into whatever size slices and mix it in the rice or pasta dish....Voila...I do this often with my kids and they love it, especially alfredo. Quick and easy.Posted Image

#20 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,289 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

throw it in homemade mac n cheese and eat like kings :ura1:

#21 wookie luvvah

wookie luvvah
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

chicken salad sandwich

#22 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 21,136 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Chicken Ala King

Make a simple white sauce, add cheese if you like, and toss over pasta and chicken.
I like to throw in a bunch of veggies, too.
Takes about half an hour, if that.

#23 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

^^ Mmmmm... I LOVE that stuff!

I like to get those frozen puff-pastry shells, bake 'em, and then fill them with a la king. Okay, two chicken dishes are on the menu for this week now! :mrgreen:

#24 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,141 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

I made chicken broccoli divan.

Steam some broccoli, chop it, put it at the bottom of a pie dish. Add chicken, then a milk/cream of broccoli soup combo, sprinkle on some cheddar cheese and a little butter and breadcrumbs. Add onion salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Bake 15 minutes.

Yum!

#25 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

^^ Ooooh, I love that, too! :lol:

I think we are going to be eating a lot of my old-skool "mom-made-'em" dinners in the next two weeks - thanks for reminding me of these delights, everyone! :heart: :mrgreen:

#26 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,648 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Chicken Ala King Make a simple white sauce, add cheese if you like, and toss over pasta and chicken. I like to throw in a bunch of veggies, too. Takes about half an hour, if that.

We had this last night, just broccoli for a vegatable though. And with biscuits.

biscuits :drool:

#27 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

I am totally making chicken divan for dinner tomorrow night! :drool:

#28 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

saute in salsa verde (cut into chunks or shredded) and serve with warmed tortillas, queso fresco if possible and jalapenos as needed.

#29 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

Mmmm... I love salsa verde.

Lately, i've been making mole enchiladas.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand - guess who has chicken divan in the over right now and the makings for chicken ala king for later on this weekend? Can't wait to eat!!! :fork:

#30 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,435 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

satuee garlic in olive oil, add herbs of your choice (basil, parsley, oregano), chili flakes, steamed broccoli if you have it and then the chicken after about 15 mintues ( i do it at a med low temp to get the flavor outta the garlic w/o burning it) then toss w pasta

#31 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

this woman is a ninja with a wok :eek: :heart:

Seriously, she IS the wok ninja! :ninja:

Chicken Ala King

Make a simple white sauce, add cheese if you like, and toss over pasta and chicken.
I like to throw in a bunch of veggies, too.
Takes about half an hour, if that.

^^ Mmmmm... I LOVE that stuff!

I like to get those frozen puff-pastry shells, bake 'em, and then fill them with a la king. Okay, two chicken dishes are on the menu for this week now! :mrgreen:

My mom made this ALL the time when I was a kid. The mere mention of the name makes me a little ill. You guys actually made it sound good... until I read the name. :lol:

#32 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,420 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

Seriously, she IS the wok ninja! :ninja:

she sure is! i made her quinoa stirfry from StrangeCreek the other night (only vegetarian, this time) and it is delicious! even Jason (who usually doesn't like hot pineapple in anything) couldn't stop eating it, and took ALL of the leftovers for lunches this week :lol:

i have leftover chicken breast in the fridge and the house to myself tonight...gonna make a spicy chicken salad wrap with grapes, sunflower seeds, habanero mayo and lots of greens, i think.