Trying to find a way out of this "Mixer" thing

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,864 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

I live in San Francisco and the ratio of single straight women-to-men is about 2-1 (in my favor) and this event is no different, 60 people who say they're going, 40 of them women.

So I was invited by a female friend who invites me to all kinds of cool stuff and I said I'd go so feel committed BUT after looking through the attendee list on facebook I would rather stick hot coals under my fingernails than go to this thing.

I dunno, I just sort of got this bad vibe reading what they all wrote on there and am pretty sure every one of them would annoy the hell out of me in person. Damn, why is it so hard to find compatible mates!

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,443 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just say you've got the runs.

#3 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,822 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Oh pfft. You never know. What else do you have to do for a couple of hours?

Who knows? You might get laid out of the deal....

And why is it so hard to meet mates? Because all the best women live on the EAST COAST!

#4 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,865 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Damn, why is it so hard to find compatible mates!

Best relationships I've ever had, including what is, thusfar, the best of the best :catbeepuke: have come about when I wasn't really looking.for them...

#5 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

I say put your big pants on and go but please take notes so you can entertain us tomorrow. :thup:

#6 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,549 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

You can always use me as an excuse. Emergency long distance consulting.

#7 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,864 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

It's all Burning Man chicks who only like DJs and electronic music and think they're God's gift to the world. I'm dubious. And some of the criteria they're looking for in a man just makes me go "WHAT!??? Seriously????"

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,443 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

LOLberal chicks.

#9 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,864 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

I get the impression they're all into the internet dating thing the way they talk. . . like find 5 metrics of hypothetical compatibility sort of thing. I just don't think that way. I need to like your ass and the way you smell and the internet isn't much help for that.

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,443 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

No doubt. I tried that intertron dating. Whoa....I had one chick show up for a dinner date that was missing a front tooth. After enough of those kinds of episodes, I had to call it quits.

#11 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

you never know...you might just find that one random chick that's a little bit different from the rest of the pack w/ a nice ass & scent. worse case scenario it sounds like this lil' soiree will prolly bring the lols, prolly

#12 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,141 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

I get the impression they're all into the internet dating thing the way they talk. . . like find 5 metrics of hypothetical compatibility sort of thing. I just don't think that way. I need to like your ass and the way you smell and the internet isn't much help for that.

but the internet is apparently helpful for you in disqualifying the ladies via facebook stalking :lol:

#13 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,864 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

If I do go I'm totally going to print out the attendee list with photos in advance, categorize everyone into "avoid, engage, or pursue" and stick to my script! :lol:

Maybe even a quick walk around the periphery of the event before introducing myself just to see how everyone moves around and carries themselves.

#14 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,443 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Just check for a full grill, man. Nothing worse than having everything in the green, then she shows teeth and :undecided:

#15 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,549 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

How did it feel to lose jnjn to the dude who prefers chicks with at least one missing front toof?

#16 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,443 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

:undecided:

#17 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,864 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

The one who I find most physically attractive, "likes":

Dubstep, Burning Man, Burners Without Borders, Saks Fifth Avenue, Prepare for the Playa, Shoes, Gypsy Designs.

I think this is an exercise in futility for me. I think I'd rather talk to my hand.

#18 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

If I do go I'm totally going to print out the attendee list with photos in advance, categorize everyone into "avoid, engage, or pursue" and stick to my script! :lol: Maybe even a quick walk around the periphery of the event before introducing myself just to see how everyone moves around and carries themselves.

If there are names in the "pursue" column I say def go.

How did it feel to lose jnjn to the dude who prefers chicks with at least one missing front toof?

:lmao:

The one who I find most physically attractive, "likes": Dubstep, Burning Man, Burners Without Borders, Saks Fifth Avenue, Prepare for the Playa, Shoes, Gypsy Designs. I think this is an exercise in futility for me. I think I'd rather talk to my hand.

You can do that when you get home. :thup:

Oh and please post the list with pics and comments here for the lols.

#19 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,864 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:27 AM

Alright you want stories? (Kris! :lol: ) You got stories. . .

Woman #1, tall redhead, into good music, snappy dresser. . . what could go wrong, right? Wrong. Wanted to talk about all the things she's hated about men she's dated recently. "Oh my God, I couldn't believe it, he actually touched me on a first date! And he sniffed my hair! Totally creepy man!" Well, thanks for letting me know right away that you will clearly consider me a creep then because those are both sort of essential first date activities in my book. Next.

Woman #2, raped by father as a child, HATES being touched by men and has to say that right upfront, along with the gory details of the tragedy. Wow, what a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Did you even tell me your name before launching into this tirade? Maybe, but I forgot it.

Woman #3, you know that Monty Python spam skit with the spam, eggs, spam spam and spam? Well replace spam with burning man and you get the idea.

So as if that wasn't enough to send me screaming on my way, I stuck around for more. . .

Woman #4, attractive, smart, Filipino. Lives in a SF fantasy utopia land of expecting everybody to be "nice" at all times no matter what (pretty common around here) like to the point of pretty much anything interesting that comes up in conversation must be squelched immediately because somebody who lives 5 miles away might get offended by it, and God forbid that should happen. BORING.

Thanks for letting me rant, I'm really harmless.

#20 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

Whoa you talked to 5 chicks? nice! :lol:

#21 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

:rotf: