Petition for ATMOSPHERE @ Vibes 2011

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

IMO Atmosphere would fit in perfectly w/ VIBES, he's played countless Festivles including multiple times at Bonaroo, coachella, even Headlined Warped tour. He plays w/ a band now rather then just an MC and his DJ "MR.Dibbs", He doesn't rap about killing bitches or selling drugs, he's very much against most "HARD" Drugs and tells his fans to stay away.

just a few of his hits...oh and his opener could be P.O.S or even Brother Ali

god Loves Ugly
[ame][/ame]

Vampires
[ame][/ame]

women Tonight
[ame][/ame]

Shrapnel at Coachella
[ame][/ame]

#2 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

This is the kind of act that would draw me back to Vibes. Seeing Atmosphere would be something I would go out of my way for. Because I haven't seen him. I like diversity, I like something NEW.

#3 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

He puts on a great show, I'm biased I've seen him well over 50+ Times, and was lucky to perform w/ him for about 1/2 of those, back when he had only a DJ (Mr.Dibbs) and a Hype man (Crescent Moon from Oddjobs). He definitely doesn't refer to his fans as bitches and hoes because a very large % of his fans are young females, 15 - 25 year olds. He's put out 7 studio albums and tours relentlessly. Pretty much shunned all Major Record labels and started up his own called Rhymesayers Entertainment which signed pretty much the WHO's WHO in underground/independent Hip hop. So even if they had an opener, you could pretty much have your pick from any artist on the roster and for get about "IF" these guys can sell tickets a Rhymesayers tour sells out.

Blueprint
Brother ali
Eyedea & Abilities
Felt (Murs from DefJux and Slug w/ ANT) A FELT SET AT VIBES WOULD BE SICK! CHECK OUT
Freeway (just signed from the ROC)
Jake one
MF DOOM
musab
POS
psalm one
soul position

#4 listen2sloka

listen2sloka
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

signed. times like a trillion. that man has a fuckin way with words. i used to live right around the corner from lyndale ave in minneapolis (of course i was 2 wen we moved...) but yea atmosphere would be a great fit

#5 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

Now by no stretch of the imagination am i saying Headlining 2 hr slot. by no means. Atmosphere sells tickets, for those that don't know he's on the level in hip hop what Umphree's Mcgee is for Jam Bands. if not bigger, he's regularly getting spins on MTVU and Much Music in Canada. Tours internationally every year and with the addition of the band, jamming or spontaneous freestyles are becoming the norm.

More importantly his fans follow him and buy his tickets, cds and merch. I've met some of his super fans that are 1 restraining order away from stalking him. IMO w/out specifically asking anyone at Vibes, his fan base are the same kids who would like Primus, Nas & Damian, Galactic or Bisco the cross over appeal is unique.

#6 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,726 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

I dig him too. Would be good for latenight or the afternoon

#7 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

signed.

#8 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

SIGNED SIGNED SIGNED. Love Atmosphere! A FELT set would awesome. A Rhyemsayers late night party would be teh shit. FELT, Brother Ali, Blueprint and POS.:jamguy::dance:

#9 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

Throw Abstract Rude in there too!:jamguy:

#10 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

RIP EYEDEA

#11 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,823 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

A lot of people get stabbed at rap concerts.

#12 listen2sloka

listen2sloka
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

Signed as well

#13 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,726 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:40 AM

I don't know Royal kind of got me nervous about being stabbed now:lol: He said the same thing about the Roots years ago. I heard lots of people get shanked with bottles at Bluegrass concerts:one:

#14 mandrake

mandrake
  • VibeTribe
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Alot of people get dosed at dead concerts.

#15 mandrake

mandrake
  • VibeTribe
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

how about some local CT hip hop. like political animals. here is what the CT press has said about them.

"In some cases, brand-new musicians made their mark as though it were effortless. Political Animals have dominated the hip-hop scene without even having a record yet — their live show is that good."

The New Haven Advocate

"That’s how I discovered Political Animals, a trio of musicians doing a sort of the-Roots-in-miniature thing.There’s no rap-rock pretense here. They traffic in pure hip-hop — they just do it with live instruments. Wright’s drumming is simple and on point; he eschews complexity in favor of consistency with his breakbeats and funk rhythms. For her part, Harper does an excellent job as the band’s sole melody-maker. Without guitars or keys or samples to box her in, her basslines are huge and imaginative, built out of clever hooks and well-timed improv. Her style is a lot like Tim Commerford’s (Rage Against the Machine), which is to say that it’s dark, hard-edged, and staccato. Songs like “Sensory Deception” made it clear that their material is an outlet for critical thinking. The group is high-energy, different enough to stand out, but familiar enough to be instantly accessible."

The Hartford Advocate

#16 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

royals mean to me!

#17 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:05 AM