Yes, this is what I'm getting for MY birthday

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Can't wait to attach it to my road bike and start getting out with my son. He's only 14 months, but I think he'll do just fine in it now. Looks cool, right??

#2 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,027 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

For a bigger kid, sure. Please allow me to encourage you to take ben here to check out the ibert and any other seat and little helmet they might recommend in person. :)
Northeast Cyclery 11200-25 Montgomery NE Albuquerque, NM 87111

#3 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

i agree w/ sarah...he may still be too small for something like that (it is pretty cool though!)
what about something like this....

http://www.nashbar.c...065_-1___202604

#4 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

Already have the ibert. I called the owner of this company, who said it's typically for kids 2-8 years old. Ben's a very active and outgoing little guy, and after much conversation, we both agreed he'd probably do just fine now in this. Of course his feet won't reach the pedals yet, but he can still sit and get as much pleasure as he does from the ibert. The trick for me, is that I can use it to go on longer rides. The ibert is not designed for longer rides. It's great for biking him to the park, daycare, groceries, etc, but we need an activity besides hiking that's going to work for both of us. Worst case, he is a little too small for it, it goes in storage and we keep going with the ibert til he's ready. My guess is, he's gonna do just fine.