Camping

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 monmouth18

monmouth18
  • VibeTribe
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Which is better? I have stayed in the hotels, but never VIP caming? Is it worth it? Where is it? Is there a lot of people? Are they snooty?

#2 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Depends on what you consider "worth it."

VIP is worth it for me just for for the tent/shade/water up by the stage but we've done, and will be doing the hotel

There's a lot of weirdos with red tongues in the VIP camping area...I highly recommend getting to know them :bigsmile:

#3 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 17,253 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

:drivingthebus: :rolling:

#4 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Very snooty. Some even have delusions of being ancient Roman emperors.

#5 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

Very snooty. Some even have delusions of being ancient Roman emperors.

Where's Sparaticus when you need him?

#6 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 17,253 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Free lap dances for chair nappers!

#7 Jam Fan

Jam Fan
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

my friend who always goes VIP still camps out with us regular folk.

others i know who VIP also get a hotel room mostly for midday shower and AC.

#8 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,468 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

most of us who do VIP are NOT snooty
we are working slobs like us all - we just blow our vacation wad on vibes VIP as opposed to flying to a beach somewhere and being waited on

thats all
we have fun, we like some creature comforts, too
its all the best of camping with some perks thrown in...

if you love fests and camping but need some shade, a free meal a day, some bathrooms with AC and an easy entrance along with some other perks, i cant find many reasons why vibes VIP isnt a good way to spend your vacation dollar!

< 10th straight year as a vibe triber, VIP since 05 :turtle:

< NOT snooty or rich or anything even remotely like that :lmao:

#9 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

VIP also has me as the undercover Occifer... your shit is safe with me around... .. , hmm.. maybe rethink that... my two years doing VIP, i have never seen many Snooty people... there are the few that get it confused with family camping.. but, folks in VIP party just as hard as everyone else. as tyedyedee said... we just save our vacation money for the VIP experience... do i need a new iPod, yes... Do i need some new clothes, sure... Do i want partial season tickets for the Yankees, Hell yes... but i pass on all of that... so i can do VIP..

#10 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

I am going Family this year, but I am tempted to o the VIP next year. We will see.

#11 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,493 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

in last years heat, the holiday inn was worth every penny.

#12 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • VibeTribe
  • 516 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Did VIP 2010, regular camping 2011 and this year back to VIP. I saved all year to get these tix for my son and myself and we're not snooty. VIP is definitely worth it especially since you don't have to wait in line over 5 hours to get to your camp. The walk to the concert field is MUCH shorter, enabling you to bounce between concert field and your campsite easy. If you look at Google Earth and put the concert field in the middle, VIP is to the right and slightly above the concert field. Below that is family camping and boardie camping. General camping is on the LEFT side if you look at Google Earth and it extends all the way down to West Camping, a considerable distance from the stage.

#13 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,220 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Tabbooma likes to have his pinky extended when drinking from a cup ;) VIP is the only way.. Shade, People, Food, Showers, Flushies, and a Great Main Tent on the Field :bouncey:

#14 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Tabbooma likes to have his pinky extended when drinking from a cup ;)

:lol:

#15 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,493 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

After the lap dances, I have my pinkie... Oh nevermind...

#16 cassidygirl

cassidygirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

thanks for the insight...wanting to do VIP & still do boardie camp site can I do that? :rockon:

#17 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

If you have a boardie camp pass I can't see why not

#18 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • VibeTribe
  • 516 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

I've never ended up alone at ANY festival, that is to say there was always someone around to hang with and get to know. Just wander around with your favorite coctail and whatever else and meet people . It ain't hard and you may make lifetime friends. My son and I met and camped with a couple from New Brunswick Canada 2 years ago at Nateva. They are coming to spend 2 days with us on their way to Bonnaroo next week...gotta love it!

#19 cassidygirl

cassidygirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

-

I've never ended up alone at ANY festival, that is to say there was always someone around to hang with and get to know. Just wander around with your favorite coctail and whatever else and meet people . It ain't hard and you may make lifetime friends. My son and I met and camped with a couple from New Brunswick Canada 2 years ago at Nateva. They are coming to spend 2 days with us on their way to Bonnaroo next week...gotta love it!

thanks !!! :) I know I will be able to hook up with new friends & old when I get there; just being a female, alone, not sure if I will be okay lol
But I hear you I have gone to tons of camping festivals in the past, just now that I am getting ahem, older, some of my friends are not wanting to have fun anymore like this (hee!!!!guess I am not a 'grown up' yet! ;) whatevvvs I am going to be with my "people" regardless! :jamguy:

#20 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,220 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Stop by and say hello to Tabbooma, LuckyDawgz, and Velcronians, they are not hard to find in VIP camping area ;)

#21 cassidygirl

cassidygirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Stop by and say hello to Tabbooma, LuckyDawgz, and Velcronians, they are not hard to find in VIP camping area ;)

I will ;) thanx!

#22 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

This! :thup:

VIP Is not snooty at all....it's just festival goers that chose a more expensive ticket with amenities :)

#23 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

It's so funny that VIP gets labelled as "snobby" year after year after year... :lol:

They seriously need to look into re-naming it as something else - shady camping with perks is what it is. You pay more, you get more, just like most anything else.

We were thinking of hoteling it this year, but if it were as hot as last year, I think it'd be a real challenge for us to get back out into the heat. We'll be camping in VIP as a satellite to the Lucky Dawgz, as usual. :)

#24 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,186 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Oh no, it's not tough to find us. :funny1:

#25 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,468 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

just look for the dead squirrels? :dunno:

:funny1:

6 weeks! :bliss:

#26 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,186 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

:lol: Yup. Red tongues and squirrel carcasses.

#27 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Oh no, it's not tough to find us. :funny1:

It's the trying to avoid us that's tough :jump:

#28 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,186 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

:lol: Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

#29 sweetvibes

sweetvibes
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Due to some family stuff, we have to miss the Vibes this year! so bummed! Need to unload two VIP camping passes. Selling for $370 each (pd $420 each) must sell both passes together. Can transact via pay pal...we'll send you pdf download of tix. EASY. Contact me at wakeup(AT)humanwakeupcall(DOT)com

#30 chelseams82

chelseams82
  • VibeTribe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBridgeport

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

Due to some family stuff, we have to miss the Vibes this year! so bummed! Need to unload two VIP camping passes. Selling for $370 each (pd $420 each) must sell both passes together. Can transact via pay pal...we'll send you pdf download of tix. EASY. Contact me at wakeup(AT)humanwakeupcall(DOT)com

When you sell these tickets, please contact the office (203-908-3030) with the buyers contact information, and we will happily void yours and send them a new set. This is to ensure the buyer knows they are getting a genuine set. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Camping