• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

http://www.rei.com/

Just got the smart wool PHD socks for the hot backpacking I'm gonna do this summer, and some cool Teva's for the nino.

Anyone hit this up?? I love gear. I love REI. I love sales. This one's pretty good, 25-30% off a ton of great stuff in the store

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Cool. Not onsale, but Im picking up a pair of the bike shorts they have if the local store does not have them.

#3 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,030 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

what's the deal with REI and their decreasing quality?

I hadn't been in one of their stores in several years until last fall. I used to think of them as a high quality outfitter. The amount of garbage outerwear I saw was unbelievable. I'm referring in particular to technical shells - both jackets and pants for skiing. Nothing decent from many suppliers, lots of low level crapola Northface.

#4 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Isn't REI brand just a re-brand?

#5 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,768 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

sweet! thanks for posting heady :)

#6 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,768 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

what's the deal with REI and their decreasing quality? I hadn't been in one of their stores in several years until last fall. I used to think of them as a high quality outfitter. The amount of garbage outerwear I saw was unbelievable. I'm referring in particular to technical shells - both jackets and pants for skiing. Nothing decent from many suppliers, lots of low level crapola Northface.

i've actually never purchased any rei brand gear so can't comment on that, but have gotten some awesome brooks & pearl izumi gear on clearance from there

#7 lilphlower

lilphlower
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

thanks!

is this IN store as well?

#8 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

In store as well! And members get 20% one full price item. In case what you want is not on sale.

As far as quality, I rarely buy REI brand anything, so can't comment on decreasing quality. Like a lot of people, I shop there out of convenience plus their satisfaction guarantee can not be beat. Rarely have they done me wrong.

#9 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

Heady, check out whoever bought out Ingenious socks IMO they are even better that Smart Wool. I wear them almost year round and have yet for a pair to fail me, then again I can say the same about Smart Wool but I like the other one's better.

In reference to REI, I walk in to buy something, it was $20 ish dollars more than I found on their website the same day. I even walked to my car to bring them my laptop with the prices on their site....they would not honor it and acted like kids. Their corporate office ended up making it right but I was too heated and with a LLBean 5 minutes from me I would have to be hard pressed or less of a mule to offer them my business.

#10 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

I'll keep an eye out. In their defense, I find other stores offering different prices online than in store. Kind of BS, but it's just how it goes sometimes. Why not just save yourself the hassle especially if it was enough to trigger free shipping, and just order online?

#11 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

It was clearly an in store sale, not an on-line sale plus I'm a buy it now type of person not an on-line shopper. It could of been a bad day for the cashier and management staff....the on the floor staff are some really knowledgeable people when it comes to them knowing everything about what they sell.

#12 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

oh, that's entirely different. that's when I bust out my smart phone, shove the deal in their face and say BAM, now wassup

I guess you did that with your laptop. what bitches