Got the pre-festy jitters...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Get them before any show, camping trip, vacation, and festival.

This festival season brings a new challenge to me: Diabetes. I am getting better at spotting when I start to have a low-sugar episode. Going with a type 1 person, so I am in good hands.... well, he does tend to get pretty blitzed, so maybe not so much. :crook:

#2 deeve

deeve
  • VibeTribe
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

it sounds like you're a recent diabetic. my wife was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year, and it's not only her 1st festival with diabetes, but her 1st festival period. we're both in our early 50's, so this is a big 1st step for my wife. she's fortunate because i'm a type 1 diabetic for almost 41 years and i'm pretty good at controlling it and knowing what to do. i went to my 1st festival last year at the young age of 51. the diabetes is always a concern with abything i do, but i refuse to let it stop me. so hang in there,and maybe we'll bump into you at the vibes as long as it's not at the medical clinic.

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,116 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

You'll do fine. Lots of goods folks both form here and who will be working if advice, support or assistance is needed. :heart:

I get pre-fest jitters too, and then wonder why once I am at my campsite.

#4 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

im supposed to go to rooster walk w crb next weekend... idk why, not much is different but im extra apprehensive as ive been to a festival pregnant before!

but next year will really be a trip!

#5 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,255 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

No jitters here. I am ready to frolic in the woods with whisker biscuit, Aunt Ninja and many other awesome people :pimp:

#6 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Can you drink beer or will the sugar throw everything off?

#7 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Eco = I have found that Captain Morgan and Diet Soda do all right by my blood-sugar levels, so I stick with that.

KittyRocks = My mom was a nurse, my sister is a nurse, my wife is a nurse, my neice just became a nurse, and my sister-in-law is becoming a nurse. I know waaaaaay too much about the birthing process for a man. I also know about the whole "wipe from front to back" business. Did I mention I work in a woman's hospital and spend time in Labor and Delivery? So if you need help, leave me out of it cause I have seen and heard too much already! JK.

Gregoir = You make me nervous. 2 words: Whale Rape. And with that I'm back in therapy.

#8 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Gregoir = You make me nervous. 2 words: Whale Rape. And with that I'm back in therapy.

Don't fear it.
Embrace it.

Posted Image

#9 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,818 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

I'm glad my wheelchair is equipped with a rape proof seat :thumbsup:

#10 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,255 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

Don't fear it. Embrace it. Posted Image

He looks so innocent. That's how he gets you.

#11 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,540 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

Do you think if I actually went to a festival I wouldn't be too jittered to go to a festival?