Anyone here carry an epi-pen for allergies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LostsailorVT

LostsailorVT
  • VibeTribe
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

Hey now! Wondering if anyone here has had to carry around an epi-pen for severe allergies. I recently had an anaphylactic reaction to a bee or wasp sting that put me in the E.R. for four hours. Way scary! Never been closer to thinking I was on the way out before. Now I'm supposed to carry an epi-pen and benedryl everywhere I go, just incase I get stung again. What a P.I.T A. Any suggestions to make carrying this around any less of a drag (other than knowing it could save my life) would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Four More Days :boogie:

#2 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,284 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

My hubbs does. He usually keeps it in his pocket if we're outdoors or in the car or other close by location if we're not in a 'high risk' area (indoors, wintertime). Or it usually ends up in my purse :rolleyes:

It does suck <3 Scary shit!

#3 Drummy LeSaque

Drummy LeSaque
  • VibeTribe
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Make sure if you keep it in the car, you place it in a really shady spot. The glove compartment won't do since that can be an oven (although some cars have it insulated).

Hope that doesn't happen again to you!

#4 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

get two one for your car, keep it in the trunk and one to carry with you.

Unfortunately the only place I can think for a man to carry it in a pocket. At fests and what not I'd suggest a fanny pack of sorts.

That must have been really scary. I'm sorry you had to deal with it.

#5 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 17,431 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

the only place I can think for a man to carry it in a pocket.

Chicks will dig this. :mrgreen:

Wish I could be of help. I keep one around because I keep bees, and you never know when an allergy will occur, but I just keep it with my hive gear.