Photo
- - - - -

5/12: Cats Under The Stars at The Saint in Asbury Park

Cats Under The Stars The Saint Asbury Park New JErsey Jerry Garcia Brothers From Another Mother JGB John Anan David Kemper

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Phinnegan

Phinnegan
  • VibeTribe
  • 265 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, NJ

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

http://www.facebook....01015963366628/

SATURDAY, MAY 12th: Rock Groove B-Day Bash: From Burlington, VT, CATS UNDER THE STARS (Performing the Music of the Jerry Garcia Band) / BROTHERS FROM ANOTHER MOTHER Featuring: KEVIN KOPACK (Solar Circus, Green Underground, Juggling Suns, Kevin Kopack & Company) + JOHN ANAN and Special Guests LIVE from THE SAINT in Asbury Park, NJ. LATE SHOW, Doors 9:30pm, $10 Tickets on Sale Now at The Saint Box Office and on Ticketweb. Celebrating Kevin Kopack's Birthday.

CATS UNDER THE STARS: Some of us have been playing together for a long time and some are new-found members that fit in like an old hat. We are all hard working musicians who love the music, Jerry, and performing. Our intentions, pure and simple, are to create good times, dancing, great music, and an experience you will not soon forget. Come see the "Cats on the bandstand".

A MESSAGE FROM DAVID KEMPER, JERRY GARCIA BAND: "I think CATS UNDER THE STARS are at the top of the heap of JGB inspired bands. The band treats all songs very much as we tried to do so many years ago. I was struck with Pete's drumming and Zach plays more like ol' Jer than anyone I've heard. Pete's groove: each song starts and ends with the same tempo, he doesn't slow down or speed up and this is a rare thing with the other JGB inspired bands. I also like his feel, he seems to be telling the others "let me wrap my arms around you all and define the feel and tempo for all of us, trust in me" great drummers have always done this, drummers like Jim Gordon, Charlie Watts and I've always tried to do this whenever I played a song. Best of luck to you all, with respect, David Kemper" - David Kemper, Jerry Garcia Band.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cats Under The Stars, The Saint, Asbury Park, New JErsey, Jerry Garcia, Brothers From Another Mother, JGB, John Anan, David Kemper