• 1,784 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Posted Image

#3 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

idk but i had a friend who had a smiley face on her big toe. she got it bc she had a friend who was a tattoo artist that had a standard deal to give free foot tattoos, supposedly bc they were very painful. (sorry.)

anywho the funny thing was that her smiley face was positioned so that her toe hairs made a scraggly little beard. :funny1:

#4 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

I want something that wraps around te ankle, goes across the foot & onto my big toe. Got an early mother's day gify of a tattoo gift cert. Time to commit to a tattoo I've wanted for years :/

#5 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,757 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

It hurts no matter where you get it. I love being tattooed. I find it therapeutic.

#6 sneakyjack

sneakyjack
  • VibeTribe
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

painful on foot and up leg / shin. Like everyone else there will be pain. foot tattoos also need a touch up after the healing depending on the intracy of the design and placement. go for it injoy it...

#7 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

I would guess that it's moderately painful as there isn't really any fat on your big toe...

Also, I have four tattoos...wish I didn't have any :dunno:

#8 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,757 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

The one that hurt the most was right on my gastroc.

#9 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Jason fell asleep while getting his full leg sleeve, but he respects anyone who sits for a foot piece. here's an account i found online recently:

http://tattoo.about....ot_ink_pain.htm

besides the pain, there's also the rapid skin regeneration and possibility of rapid fading to consider, and the fact that summertime is upon us and you'll want to stay out of the sun for a while after getting any new ink. not trying to talk you out of this at all (i really like some foot tattoos i've seen) just food for thought.

see you in two weeks!!! :happyhappy:

#10 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,447 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

i have numbing cream for my chemo port that i use before injection, why isn't there something like that for tattooing? :huh:

#11 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,757 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

i have numbing cream for my chemo port that i use before injection, why isn't there something like that for tattooing? :huh:

Getting tattooed is not supposed to be pleasant nor are you supposed to circumvent the pain!

#12 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

I knew a girl back in the day that had a geco on her foot and wrapped around her ankle, but the foot prints she included in the tat were going in the oposite direction of the Geco.

#13 WindDancer

WindDancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

I got this a year ago: Posted Image

Yes, it hurt like a MFing BITCH, but it was nothing I couldn't deal with. It was the healing that hurt the most. My foot was pretty swollen and very tender to the touch. Do not expect to be able to get a shoe on that foot for at least 1-3 weeks. Also, I would hold off on doing it until after SC. The more you walk/move with it, the more it cracks and does not heal correctly. I got mine in brown too look like henna and it did fade a bit in places, but I kinda like how it looks because it's more realistic to henna. Don't expect to have super bold colors/intricate lines in the foot because they fade a lot quicker than on other parts of the body. Parts of the branches did scab off completely. I intend on getting it retouched in a year or two.

That all said, I absolutely LOVE my tattoo. Having it on your foot is fun because if you are wearing open top shoes people notice it a lot. I get complements on my tree CONSTANTLY.

I say go for it, just know that you're getting yourself into 2+ weeks of recovery and constant aplication of A&D!

#14 WindDancer

WindDancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

And now I am trying to come up with ideas for another tattoo, I'm hooked!

#15 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Getting tattooed is not supposed to be pleasant nor are you supposed to circumvent the pain!

You can't be serious....you are 'not supposed to' cricumvent the pain? According to what? The Tattoo Bible? :rolling:

#16 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

I got this a year ago: Posted Image Yes, it hurt like a MFing BITCH, but it was nothing I couldn't deal with. It was the healing that hurt the most. My foot was pretty swollen and very tender to the touch. Do not expect to be able to get a shoe on that foot for at least 1-3 weeks. Also, I would hold off on doing it until after SC. The more you walk/move with it, the more it cracks and does not heal correctly. I got mine in brown too look like henna and it did fade a bit in places, but I kinda like how it looks because it's more realistic to henna. Don't expect to have super bold colors/intricate lines in the foot because they fade a lot quicker than on other parts of the body. Parts of the branches did scab off completely. I intend on getting it retouched in a year or two. That all said, I absolutely LOVE my tattoo. Having it on your foot is fun because if you are wearing open top shoes people notice it a lot. I get complements on my tree CONSTANTLY. I say go for it, just know that you're getting yourself into 2+ weeks of recovery and constant aplication of A&D!

gorgeous tat!! How long did that take? No color, all my tattoos are colorless. The guy I want is going to take months to get an appt so it definitely won't be done for SC, possibly not even WT!

numbing cream. Frank (is a nurse) can get that. I used it to get my ears pierced :lol: it didn't really help. wondering if it would for this?

#17 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,757 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

You can't be serious....you are 'not supposed to' cricumvent the pain? According to what? The Tattoo Bible? :rolling:

:lol:

According to artists and tattoo people I've discussed this with. "yes it hurts bitch" is the mantra I've heard. The pain is part of the rite of passage and honors the ancient art. I love the pain. It makes me feel alive.

#18 WindDancer

WindDancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

It took about 45 minutes. The parts that hurt the most is when there is very little tissue between your skin and your bones. Not to freak you out, but it felt very similar to what I would imagine being sliced with a scapal would feel like. Haha! But in the end it's all worth it, so don't let pain be a factor. This kinda pain is temporary! You have two children, I'm sure you can get through this just fine.

#19 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,757 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

I hate needles and I hate pain but love getting tattooed. Not that big of a deal.

#20 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

When we got inked I went first and Jenny who already had a tattoo was giddy to see me in pain. I didn't even need a break it didn't hurt at all :lol: She was squirming when she got hers though :lol:

#21 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

yeah my neck didn't hurt at all but my back did. We'll see.............................

#22 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

I have a "toe ring" that goes 3/4 of the way around and the sides of my toe really hurt - its just a very sensitive area... the top was bearable however

I got it like 12 years ago and its very faded at this point - the guy who did it made me pay double because it was suppose to have a life time guarantee but he went out of business like two summers later so that didn't really work out

I always say that I am going to get it touched up (specifically I don't love the way he did the shading on it bc it made it look faded even when it was brand new) but I haven't ever actually gone through with it - I do still get lots of comments and compliments on it though and I do like it in general

#23 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

:lol: According to artists and tattoo people I've discussed this with. "yes it hurts bitch" is the mantra I've heard. The pain is part of the rite of passage and honors the ancient art. I love the pain. It makes me feel alive.

ya. thats an ....opinion not a rule. for you crazy masochists. i dont have a tattoo but id like to get one someday and for me, altho i know ill have to deal w some pain, it will be about adornment and adornment alone. if i had a magic do not feel any pain button, id use it. why feel pain if you dont have to?

#24 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

idk but thats a really good question! there has got to be a reason it doesnt work out... like i know if you take pain killers i believe it thins the blood which isnt good for the tattoo process as it kind of washes the fresh ink out resulting in a more faded final product.

or it could be some other reason... but there has got to be one. ive heard of "temporary" tattoo ink, where its like a permanent tattoo but removes pretty easy somehow if you ever do change your mind. so if they have that.. there has gotta be a reason you cant get a pain free tattoo.....

#25 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,757 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

ya. thats an ....opinion not a rule. for you crazy masochists. i dont have a tattoo but id like to get one someday and for me, altho i know ill have to deal w some pain, it will be about adornment and adornment alone. if i had a magic do not feel any pain button, id use it. why feel pain if you dont have to?

:lol:

I have a good friend, we got tattooed together in December. I went first, sat and checked my phone...bullshitted with the artist, Johnny Vegas. I don't know why but getting tattooed is the most relaxed I find myself. My friend has extensive ink, mind you. He gets in the chair and cries and moans the whole way through. He calls himself a big tough rhino, but getting inked tears the ass out of him. We're all different. Like I said, I'm no tough guy...but so love the sweet pain of ink.

#26 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,757 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

This is the goods right here.

#27 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

neither one of my tattoos hurt. the one on my upper back got pretty sensitive towards the end due to all of the shading, but not nearly as much as I had anticipated. it was actually worse on the muscle than on my spine. :dunno: I'm getting it touched up in a month (for free!). it's been almost 6 years since I got it.

#28 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

neither one of my tattoos hurt. the one on my upper back got pretty sensitive towards the end due to all of the shading, but not nearly as much as I had anticipated. it was actually worse on the muscle than on my spine. :dunno: I'm getting it touched up in a month (for free!). it's been almost 6 years since I got it.

Didn't hurt at all? You must have a super high threshold for pain! :clapping:

#29 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Didn't hurt at all? You must have a super high threshold for pain! :clapping:

I am lucky in that my pain threshold is very high (except for dental pain), but I also can't take painkillers, so I guess it works out somehow. :)

#30 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

I have four tattoos and I cannot say they didn't hurt at all. While I didn't squirm or make any noise for any of them, it still felt quite intense! Like a burning and cutting at the same time. I've described it as having a searing hot razor blade making cuts over and over on your skin.

I'm now looking into getting two or three of mine removed by laser. Starting with the most visible one on my shoulder and then the one on my lower back. Who knew, seventeen years later, that lower back tattoos would be referred to in such an nasty way. :( I'll probably leave the one on my stomach as I dont anticipate wearing a belly shirt or a bikini ever again :lol:

#31 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

I got this a year ago: Posted Image

That is Beautiful! I love how you made it look like a henna! I love foot tattoos...I don't think I would ever have the guts to do it.

I ended up Hating the tattoo I have on my ankle, and it hurt like a motherfucker! I would also love to get mine removed, but most of the time I don't even remember I have it. lol.

#32 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'll probably leave the one on my stomach as I dont anticipate wearing a belly shirt or a bikini ever again :lol:

rats. i'm totally not going to vibes then. :mrgreen:

#33 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

I don't have one on my foot.... I started and it hurt so bad I stopped.

But each person handles the pain differently.

If you really want it then go for it....... The pain will stop eventually. :wink: