• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 gregg212

gregg212
  • VibeTribe
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hey all,
I have purchased/recieved my general camping pass to camp with my RV.
My question is, my RV measures from bumper to bumper 25ft 1in. Is this going to be a problem getting in to general camping? I know the cut off size is 25ft. Should I take off one of my bumpers to make it under 25ft???
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
And while I am here, any word on when I should recieve the Boardie pass that I requested?
Thanks for all.
Greg

#2 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,774 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

its the length of your rv AND your car :wink:

(i am pretty sure :huh: )

#3 Jack Straw

Jack Straw
  • VibeTribe
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

Bring a "special" tape measure with you and argue that theirs must be off. :rose:

Something tells me you won't have a problem.

#4 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

OFFICIAL ANSWER:
RV's and vehicles pulling a trailer or pop-up with a total combined length 25 feet and over (vehicles too large to fit in a regular parking spot at the mall or supermarket), will require an additional RV parking pass, to be purchased in advance of the fest. Each passenger in your vehicle must also have a Weekend Camping Pass in order to get in.

Unless you are under 25 feet total length, you are going to need an RV pass, that's the ruling... and they will be making no exceptions. So it may be time to get out your wrenches.

As for the boardie pass if you request one, while they were still available, you should be getting one.

#5 gregg212

gregg212
  • VibeTribe
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

Looks like I will break out the wrenches. Just the RV, 25ft, not pulling anything & I will be alone. So I have the General camping pass for myself & the RV. That's all I need.
& yes I did request a boardie pass through this forum. Just getting anxious........
So all should go well. Cross my fingers.
Greg

#6 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

greg, the boardie passes are going out like now so you will receive yours soon :)

and yes, best to take off that back bumper. it needs to be UNDER 25'. and they will measure you if it looks close.

#7 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

Looks like I will break out the wrenches. Just the RV, 25ft, not pulling anything & I will be alone. So I have the General camping pass for myself & the RV. That's all I need.
& yes I did request a boardie pass through this forum. Just getting anxious........
So all should go well. Cross my fingers.
Greg

How did you measure it? If Tabbooma holds a tape measure on his back bumper and runs the tape along the RV and lets the tape wrap the curve of the front fender to reach his front bumper, the tape will read over 25' because the tape has to follow the curve of the fender to reach the front bumper thereby adding on to the overall tape measurement. If Tabbooma holds a straight edge(Stick) on the back bumper and does the same on the front bumper and measures between the straight edges/sticks he gets the ACTUAL length of the RV from face to face of each bumper and it reads under 25'. Something to check. :v:

#8 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

Just measure along under, or next to the vehicle, end to end on a paved surface. :cool:

#9 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

Just measure along under, or next to the vehicle, end to end on a paved surface. :cool:

Hey, dont make it easy man.. nothing is easy in Tabbooma's world :joker:

#10 gregg212

gregg212
  • VibeTribe
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:52 AM

Thanks Sums I will look for it.
Yea Tabbooma, I too clamped a straight edge to the rear bumper & went to the front bumper, 25ft 1in, of all things, ONE inch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I think it's best to be safe. I will take off the rear bumper, (4 bolts) tie it up on the roof rack & reinstall it when I leave.
I'll see how that works????????????
Just trying to have fun man...............

#11 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:57 AM

I'm thinking a brick wall @ 5 mph should take care of that last inch :lol:

#12 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

Thanks Sums I will look for it.
Yea Tabbooma, I too clamped a straight edge to the rear bumper & went to the front bumper, 25ft 1in, of all things, ONE inch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I think it's best to be safe. I will take off the rear bumper, (4 bolts) tie it up on the roof rack & reinstall it when I leave.
I'll see how that works????????????
Just trying to have fun man...............

Thats a bummer.. good luck man and enjoy your vibes :v:

#13 gregg212

gregg212
  • VibeTribe
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

Brick wall, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'll take the bumper off.
Thanks all...

#14 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

I'm thinking a brick wall @ 5 mph should take care of that last inch :lol:

oy! :lol:

#15 Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

If you measured on a sunny day it may have expanded due to the heat. I'ld measure again.

#16 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

nice to meet you gregg, thank you for being so helpful. :)

#17 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

oh hey Gregg, I was parked right in front of your camper - we met briefly on day one :jamguy:

#18 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

his was the camper on the long side of that camping block, you were in front of the one on the paved road. i'm glad i only got the two!! :lol:

#19 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

hey either way some guy in a chair next to my car introduced himself as gregg212 from the boards:Phishfolk:

Nancy..... your early morning meet n greet hug was the bomba-diggitiest... :heart: you are too awesome :cool:

#20 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

you're most welcome! i'm glad i was right there - i've been waiting to put a face to the name for many a year now! :)

#21 gregg212

gregg212
  • VibeTribe
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

Well, let me say this... As a first timer to the Vibes, it was AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The volunteers at the wrist band area who only asked how long the RV was & did not measure it. So much for taking off the rear bumper, better safe than sorry. To the first people I met who had to try & park the "Taj Mahal", Nancykind (with a bum toe) & the other wonderful lady that was running around parking people. It was great to see how organized you guys were & how quickly you got things done, congrats. To everyone I met, Unbrokenchain, yes I had a spot by your car to scope out the peoples, Lostsailor17, very nice meeting you, Dan, Dan the Iman, my first official vibes visitor, Jerry & Sharon, Mike with his 23ft RV, George (super), Meg, Paul & his girlfriend with the blue "step van", the girl who got her nursing degree,( sorry, can't remember your name right now) Mamosa's in the am. And everyone else I met, Thank You for making the 1st a real great time. Boardie camping is the BEST. Beautiful spot so close to the water. Music was fantastic. One thing I highly recommend, ear plug. So glad I brought them. First night forgot them, after that slept like a baby......I'll be there next year for sure. See you all then.
Greg

http://gatheringofth...php?albumid=215

Edited by gregg212, 06 August 2010 - 01:39 AM.
added pics

#22 ratboy

ratboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

I camped next to you..(blue milktruck)..Remember your bumper issue and naturally no one checked.....See ya next yr...

#23 ratboy

ratboy
  • VibeTribe
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:30 AM

I camped next to you..(blue milktruck)..Remember your bumper issue and naturally no one checked.....See ya next yr...

Just read your post above...Good too meet you too man!

#24 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

i think anyone who takes a bumper off can be believed! :lol: taking the bumper off so that i got no flack for having an rv over 25' in boardie was MUCH appreciated!! thank you! :grin: :jam: :heart:

#25 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:53 AM

Sure, give em an inch, they'll take a bumper!

#26 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

he's my hero! :lol: