• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

They still need 200+ volunteers for the festival in 5 weeks. If interested please contact Linda Richards...linda@clearwater.org

#2 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

WOW! Wish I could but I've got the kiddoes

#3 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

It says you need to be a Clearwater member to be able to volunteer. What does becoming a Clearwater volunteer consist of?

#4 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

Over 1,000 volunteers are behind making the Clearwater Festival experience happen each year. Everyone is invited to get involved with Clearwater as a festival volunteer, with over 45 committees to choose from, including Site Crew, Working Waterfront, Environmental Action and many others. Those interested in volunteering at the Clearwater Festival should contact Linda Richards, volunteer coordinator at VolCoord@Clearwater.org, or 845-726-8080, ext. 7105.

#5 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,323 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Great festival, which I haven't gotten to in years, and won't this year...sometime though, again...

#6 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

I meant, what does becoming a Clearwater Member consist of? I cannot find it on their website. I guess I could e-mail.

#7 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

http://www.clearwate.../volunteer.html Clearwater membership is required to be eligible to volunteer. Clearwater really is its members so we ask festival volunteers to support Clearwater's environmental work through active membership - please choose the category that's right for you. In addition, we ask you to pay $51.50 ($41.50 during the Early Bird signup period January 9 - March 16) to cover some of the expenses associated with the care and feeding of our many volunteers. Entrance to the festival alone is worth this much or more, and in addition you get meals, overnight camping privileges and a T-shirt. Some festival volunteers contribute to a Volunteer Scholarship Fund to help subsidize people who can't afford the Volunteer Fee. If your financial situation is limited, please ask for part of your volunteer donation to be subsidized. (IMPORTANT: If you are requesting this subsidy, or if you want to pay by check, you cannot apply online.) Call 845-265-8080 x7105 or email us at volcoord@clearwater.org

I'm not knocking it, but this has to be a truly altruistic action... as the volunteers are basically paying for a ticket, AND working

#8 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

"as the volunteers are basically paying for a ticket, AND working"

I dunno, it sounds like someone figured out how much they spend to feed the volunteers and how much the tee shirts cost and figured a price per head. Maybe an option of free but no food or tee shirt included?

#9 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

volunteer fee... lolzers.

Keep yer meals and t-shirt.... lol.

#10 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,079 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

Clearwater's very special. If you get it, you get it. They keep having it on Father's Day weekend, but that should be good for some folks I care about, this year. The last Clearwater fest I attended was a Jersey one, in the 90s. It was an amazing night. :)

#11 sneakyjack

sneakyjack
  • VibeTribe
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

This one is near me -But yeah Pay to volunteer? - I get it though they make you a memebr to pump up their numbers and "kitty" still cheaper than a ticket. Fun location - Vibes was there a bunch of years ago.

#12 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

huh. beggars CAN be choosers apparently. :thup:

#13 Creekie

Creekie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'd love to, but I don't have 50 bucks for it. If it was free, I'd be all over it. I haven't been working because of school. I'm about to hear about a job,and that may make it possible, but int he meantime, I can hardly ask rob for 50 bucks to go volunteer when he works his butt off, ya know?

Crap. That's one my car would make it to, too.

:(