well that site has the full video...sorry I couldn't post it right

#102 robberry

robberry
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,219 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

He was obviously still a threat once taken down. :rolleyes:

Once the officer got a knee in his back, he should have cuffed him, NOT beaten the shit out of him!

#103 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

Glad there is going to be a trial

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

If civilians killed Kelly like these cops did, there would no doubt be a 2nd degree murder conviction. Personally, I think law enforcement officials should be held to a higher standard than civilians. Their job is to protect the lives of everyday citizens. They protected no one in taking Kelly's life. The only excuse for the beat down that resulted in Kelly's death is during extreme need of self defense. Police officers killed a man and should receive no preferential treatment for their actions simply because they wear a badge.

#104 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,779 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

http://www.ocregiste...me-kelly-thomas

this is the full length vid....

#105 Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

If the criminal trial fails to convict, I hope the family takes these scum bag cops to civil trial for wrongful death, just like OJ. Not just the 2 on trial now, but all 5 cops who took part in the contributions to this civilians death.

#106 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

If the criminal trial fails to convict, I hope the family takes these scum bag cops to civil trial for wrongful death, just like OJ. Not just the 2 on trial now, but all 5 cops who took part in the contributions to this civilians death.

whatever happens to these guys is not enough to address the rampant police problem throughout the country. we need internal affairs units everywhere to be investigated and held accountable for not taking their investigations as anything more than figuring out how to cover up crimes of cops, then dissolved. and we need INDEPENDENT investigators into police crime, with trials outside the conventional courtrooms where the judges and cops are buddies and the trials are jokes.

#107 Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

internal affairs units should have civilians on them when dealing with police assults. They can handle any other crime internally, but if it involved violence toward a person. Non-police civilians need to be determining if these cops should still be cops.

#108 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

http://www.ocregiste...me-kelly-thomas this is the full length vid....

roundabout 28:20-:45...they're talking about taking him to the hospital and one of the cops says he doesn't wanna take him in his car bc he has urine on him...and starts laughing...how the fuck can anything be funny in a situation like this? what kind of sick fuck? go ahead and defend that.

#109 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,779 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

roundabout 28:20-:45...they're talking about taking him to the hospital and one of the cops says he doesn't wanna take him in his car bc he has urine on him...and starts laughing...how the fuck can anything be funny in a situation like this? what kind of sick fuck? go ahead and defend that.

hey hey hey mofo...I haven't defended those pigs at all...why you gettin all up in my grill n shit for :joker:
:funny1:

just was happy I had a successful research endeavor

#110 Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image

#111 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

hey hey hey mofo...I haven't defended those pigs at all...why you gettin all up in my grill n shit for :joker: :funny1: just was happy I had a successful research endeavor

not aimed at you, just referring to your link

i will agree that thomas wasn't fully innocent for lying about his name and testing the pig's patience

takedowns are pretty simple though, especially on someone who is clearly unarmed and swinging batons was completely unnecessary...what's ironic is as many times as thomas may have not complied with the cop on how to position himself while sitting down, he was in the EXACT position he was told to be in while the "these fists are gonna fuck you up" comment was made, albeit that briefly

#112 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

did he really fucking pose for that picture to use as evidence? what a fucking scumbag

#113 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

LAPD Officer Weighs In On Kelly Thomas Beating Video On Reddit: "It Made Me Upset"

This week a graphic video of showing police officers in Fullerton beating, kicking and Tasering Kelly Thomaswas shown in court. A user named LAPD_Redditor logged on to Reddit to share his thoughts on the video from the perspective of a police officer. What followed was a surprisingly civil debate on a hot-button issue with Redditors about how much force is too much in this situation.

Although the LAPD_Redditor says that he understands how hard it is for a police officer to subdue someone resisting arrest, he believes that after watching the video that the officers in this situation used too much.

Next to LAPD_Redditor's name was the phrase "verified LAPD officer," although we have no confirmation that the Redditor is a sworn officer. This wasn't LAPD_Redditor's only post—periodically he would answer local questions in threads about minor law enforcement issues. But shortly after he posted the following thread, his account was deleted and other Redditors apologized in case he had gotten in trouble.

Here's the thread he started titled "The Kelly Thomas beating. One cop's perspective:"

I'm a cop. I just got a chance to watch the Kelly Thomas video. It made me upset.
One of the things I try not to do is second-guess other police officers. In any given situation, I wasn't there, so it's hard for me to judge. But in this case, the whole encounter was on video.
Let me just preface by saying that I've been in the situation these officers were in many times. I can tell you from firsthand experience that if someone doesn't want to get put into handcuffs, it is EXTREMELY difficult to do it. It may seem like a simple thing, but I weigh nearly 200 pounds and am trained in self-defense and Arrest & Control techniques, and my partner and I once struggled for upwards of two minutes to get cuffs on a 140 pound woman who didn't want to go with the program. So the whole act of getting someone into handcuffs is hard. Unless you've been in that situation, I really can't describe it.
That being said, I have dealt with many, many, many uncooperative suspects. I've been in situations where it took 6 or 7 of us to get someone into custody. And I'll tell you something. None of the people I've taken into custody has ever died. None of them has ever had their face bloodied to a pulp.
I don't enjoy the part of my job where I have to fight people. It's sometimes necessary, and I'll do it if I have to, but it's something I always try to avoid.
I don't think these officers set out to kill Kelly Thomas. I don't think they killed him "for sport" as I heard John & Ken say. But I do think they went too far. Obviously they did, because this guy ended up dead, and that's not something that usually happens in situations like this.
All I know for sure is that this is a goddamn tragedy all around.

http://laist.com/201...eddit_threa.php

#114 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

"But shortly after he posted the following thread, his account was deleted and other Redditors apologized in case he had gotten in trouble"

and there you have it. the system is broken and corrupt, and any cop be damned for trying to speak up.

#115 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

the reply w the most upvotes:

sotonohito 0 points1 point2 points 1 day
ago

One of the things I try not to do is second-guess other police officers.

Why not?
I'm in the computer field and I second guess other computer geeks all the time. I'd argue that it's part of my job. I need to determine if what they did was optimal or if there exists a better way. I need to see if they're really competent or just faking it.
I don't understand the attitude that police work is something that cannot and should not be second guessed.

#116 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

and hey, check out this little ditty i found in the reddit page:

http://abcnews.go.co...=1#.T6v1IehYsj9

#117 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

i love reddit:

"

Cops aren't magic. Heck, there's a city that successfully sued to prevent a guy from becoming a cop because he was too smart. Yes, really
SO no, I'm afraid I don't agree that their decisions are or should be off limits to anyone, including other cops. Their entire job is enforcing the law, it should BEGIN with making sure other cops aren't breaking the law.
The idea that somehow the job done by police is so special, so unique, so whatever, that only a tiny group of super special people have permission to evaluate the job done by police is absurd.
If a cop can't see a video of other cops beating a person to death and say "yup, they messed up there", than they're too dumb to be qualified as a McDonald's counter drone, much less be a cop.
What we are seeing is not a recognition of a difficult job, but rather the Blue Wall. The cardinal rule of being a cop is to never, ever, under any circumstances, admit that another cop did something wrong. Followed closely by "always cover up for your fellow cops".
Note, for example, the way the security cameras in the station where police officer Johannes Mehserle murdered Oscar Grant were reported to all be out of order during the incident. Note the way that all the reports from the police there were unified in their defense of Mehserle and their declaration that Grant was a dangerous person who was threatening hte lives of other officers.
The only reason Mehserle didn't get a medal is because citizens videoed the murder and kept the police from destroying that video.
Same here. If there wasn't video of the cops beating Thomas to death, do you think any cop would condemn it? Nope, the Blue Wall would be up, and all the cops would be swearing that Thomas was a dangerous, violent, psychopath and only the bravery and quick thinking of those cops (who do such a difficult and dangerous job, so don't you civilians dare criticize them) saved lives that day. They'd get medals and that'd be that.
But here we have video evidence and you and the OP (who so "bravely" deleted his account) are STILL claiming that mere mortals have no right to dare to look at the Brave and Valiant Police and judge them.
Congratulations, you are part of the problem."

#118 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

takedowns are pretty simple though, especially on someone who is clearly unarmed

I agree 100% In my early 20's I worked in a hospital doing security and almost nightly we had to take down adults in the adult psych ward or even worse kids in the kiddy ward (up to age 18). With almost 1000 takedowns 1-4 person I never once left anyone with an injury other than short term pain. If we fucked someone up it could cost us our job...it was a well paying job while I was in college. One exception, some shithole beat up our entire evening shift (off duty cops) and I kicked him hard in the balls, handcuffed him and turned him over to the evening shift and they fucked him up.

I can't understand why there is so much good training out there like for the correctional officers and there take down teams and SOME police think their only tools are ones that end in damage or death.

#119 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

the reply w the most upvotes: sotonohito 0 points1 point2 points 1 day ago

One of the things I try not to do is second-guess other police officers.

Why not? I'm in the computer field and I second guess other computer geeks all the time. I'd argue that it's part of my job. I need to determine if what they did was optimal or if there exists a better way. I need to see if they're really competent or just faking it. I don't understand the attitude that police work is something that cannot and should not be second guessed.

Hard to explain but you really can't second guess the actions in a highly stressed environment unless you were there. For example (making it up) 4 cops dumped 60 rounds of ammo into a 12 year old kid dressed in a Boy Scout uniform....who was just shooting at their feet.....or shot the gun in the air and said now your fucking donut eaters are next...or.....

#120 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,779 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

I agree 100% In my early 20's I worked in a hospital doing security and almost nightly we had to take down adults in the adult psych ward or even worse kids in the kiddy ward (up to age 18). With almost 1000 takedowns 1-4 person I never once left anyone with an injury other than short term pain. If we fucked someone up it could cost us our job...it was a well paying job while I was in college. One exception, some shithole beat up our entire evening shift (off duty cops) and I kicked him hard in the balls, handcuffed him and turned him over to the evening shift and they fucked him up.

I can't understand why there is so much good training out there like for the correctional officers and there take down teams and SOME police think their only tools are ones that end in damage or death.

I understand your reasoning re a thousand takedowns without serious injuries but you were lucky and count your blessings...my bro worked in a psych ward and also had many takedowns without serious harm...him and 3 others had an incident where someone died...they were charged w/ manslaughter but later dropped after autopsy and witness accounts...it is pretty easy for something to go wrong...

not in this case of course.

#121 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,779 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

not aimed at you, just referring to your link

i will agree that thomas wasn't fully innocent for lying about his name and testing the pig's patience

takedowns are pretty simple though, especially on someone who is clearly unarmed and swinging batons was completely unnecessary...what's ironic is as many times as thomas may have not complied with the cop on how to position himself while sitting down, he was in the EXACT position he was told to be in while the "these fists are gonna fuck you up" comment was made, albeit that briefly

no worries....

one doesn't need to see but a coupla minutes to see something bad was taking place.

#122 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

here's another example of IA being a corrupt joke...at least they're consistent:

http://loop21.com/li...t-woman-stomach

Cop Kicks Pregnant Woman In Stomach, Dept. Says He Was Within Policy

Officer says he didn't know the woman was pregnant.
Just when you thought the police ran out of ways to disgust you.
Dekalb County police officer Jerad Wheeler was called to a home to settle a domestic dispute involving a pregnant woman named Raven Dozier, her brother and his child and baby's mother.

Posted ImageAs things escalated Wheeler pulled out his taser and used it on Dozier's brother. She says that's when she started crying and asking the officer why he used a taser on her brother.
Wheeler must not have been in a talking mood because after he used the taser on him, he then kicked Dozier in the stomach.

"I think he really just didn't want me asking him any questions, questioning him, and when I did question him is when he kicked me," she tells Atlanta's Channel 2 Action News. "I was upset because I couldn't believe an officer would kick me, with my child in my stomach."

Dozier was almost nine months pregnant and wound up giving birth via an emergency C-section two weeks after the kick left a bruise. The now 4-month old baby was born and is healthy.
"What kind of a human being kicks a pregnant woman?" says Dozier's attorney Mark Bullman. "I mean, forget whether or not it is a police officer that is supposedly protecting people."
Officer Wheeler says that he couldn't tell that Dozier was pregnant and that he only kicked her because she came at him aggressively. He also described the kick as "a front push kick to the abdomen, as he was taught to do at the academy," in his police report.
On top of getting kicked in the stomach, Dozier was also charged with obstruction, a charge that was later dropped. She also filed a complaint with the Dekalb County Police Department, but the matter was never investigated and they said that Officer Wheeler's actions were within department policy.
This isn't the first time Wheeler has acted questionably. In 2011, he was accused of manhandling a 53-year old woman, twisting her arm behind her back and shoving her face down into a patrol car. She says she was only trying to check on her grandchildren who had just got in a car wreck with their mother. This past January, Wheeler was accused of showing up to the wrong address when called, and then shooting that family's dog.
Wheeler is currently under criminal investigation.

#123 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

i mean, how could he have known she was pregnant? that belly only looks like it's about 7 months, you clearly can't tell a woman is pregnant that early :rolleyes:

#124 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,901 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Emotions Flow as Calif. Police Acquitted in Death

By the time all four verdicts were read clearing two California officers of killing a homeless man, people on both sides of the gallery were sobbing.

In the audience, the mother of Kelly Thomas wept into a tissue as someone shouted, "No!" A collective gasp went up from the gallery. Former Officer Jay Cicinelli's attorney pounded twice on the defense table, grabbing his client in a bear hug, as former Officer Manuel Ramos' family clutched hands and cried.

Thomas, 37, died five days after a violent confrontation with six officers in July 2011. A surveillance camera at the busy transit center where the incident unfolded captured him screaming for his father again and again and begging for air as the police kneed him, jolted him with an electric stun gun and used the blunt end to strike him around the face and head.

It was a rare case in which police officers were charged in a death involving actions on duty. Jurors took less than two days to reach their verdicts.

Ramos, 39, was acquitted of second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter on Monday. Cicinelli, 41, was acquitted of involuntary manslaughter and excessive use of force.

Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckus, who tried the case himself, said after the verdicts that charges will be dropped against Joseph Wolfe, a third officer awaiting trial.

The FBI said that it will review the evidence to determine whether federal action is justified.

"With the conclusion of the state court trial, investigators will examine the evidence and testimony to determine whether further investigation is warranted at the federal level," said Laura Eimiller, the FBI's spokeswoman in Los Angeles.

More 

http://abcnews.go.co...-death-21520031

#125 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

OJ was acquitted, too.   

Here come the civil suits.