Photo
- - - - -

Let's break this health care debate down even further.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Is it not a type of murder to allow a sick person to die if the ways and means to make the person well is known and could be easily provided?

I certainly can't see how it would be a compassionate virtue in any way not to provide help to every individual that is in need.

Should people without money or insurance be turned away from the Hospital ER?

I don't think it's moral to have a profit motive attached to other people's pain and suffering.

Anyone who is sick deserves the opportunity to get well.

#2 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Regarding me trying to get a rise out of someone:

It's not uncommon for political debates of a controversial nature to become somewhat heated. It's a side-effect of what we're all trying to accomplish here.

I'm not a person who just posts just to get a rise out of people. That is just a side-effect of what I like doing, and that is talking about subjects of a controversial nature with the hope that some common ground may be found from the discussion. Often times, these types of discussions become heated for one reason or another... it's just a side-effect.

There probably are people who get their rocks off on their ability to annoy others... often taking contradictory positions in matters just be in the center of the argument. That's not me. I give my reasons... reasons that I think and feel, and don't have to look up online to confirm that they really are what I believe.

Additionally, I assume that most if not all participants of this message board appreciate music, art, nature, and other bohemian type things. Most people don't argue with my posts, but those who do are persistent.

#3 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Posted Image

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Posted Image

#5 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

Actually, since this board is generally made up of progressive liberals/ Obama supporters, the two of you would be the trolls, not me.

#6 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

Posted Image

#7 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

All I have to say is that as a person coming from a nation with socialized medicine to somewhere that I can't even get anyone to take my money to insure me until the "new session" opens up in July, it is an incredibly dehumanizing experience to be considered "ineligible" for health care.

I'm sorry I have to experience this, but I am even more sorry that few of you have ever had the opportunity to know anything otherwise.

#8 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,774 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Nobody should ever be declared "ineligible for health care".
Employer based managed health care for profit is a disgrace that we all should be ashamed of.

#9 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

All I have to say is that as a person coming from a nation with socialized medicine to somewhere that I can't even get anyone to take my money to insure me until the "new session" opens up in July, it is an incredibly dehumanizing experience to be considered "ineligible" for health care. I'm sorry I have to experience this, but I am even more sorry that few of you have ever had the opportunity to know anything otherwise.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING

this is the reality