Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

I fuckin' hate 'em!!! :ravn:

#2 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,394 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

kava kava tincture! :thup: i've done every herb imaginable for cramps and this one is the best :)

it also helps to drink red raspberry tea regularly...

#3 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

Sweet - I'll give that a try on the next go 'round... I usually just take Advil and place a hot water bottle on my belly, sometimes dip into the codeine family if it's a little too much to take... Having a more natural alternative would be ideal. Do you just take the tincture in drops or mix it into something?

The only good news about having cramps today is that I won't have to be dealing with any of this nonsense during Vibes... But still, ugh.

#4 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,394 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

i like to mix it in a little water. but i have been known to just take tinctures "as is" :eek:

(kava really needs to go in a little water! like just an ounce is fine)

#5 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,968 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

just shove a chocolate bar up there. it wants sacrifices. ((hope you feel better soon))

sb

#6 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,394 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

:lmao:

#7 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,968 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:15 AM

Posted Image
(to illustrate the concept of sacrifice, not the concept of vag)

#8 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

Sarah!!! :lol:

Well, sometimes it *does* feel like there are teeth somewhere in there... Or at the very least, claws!!! :wink:

))))CRMPS((((( :hit:

#9 SunshineDaydream

SunshineDaydream
  • VibeTribe
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Something that really helped me tame those suckers down was laying off the alchy-hol and caffeine and sugar and red meat in the days leading up to the red wave...

good luck :-)

#10 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,394 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:47 AM

yes! and laying off them for the rest of the month helps even more. but what fun is that? ;)

#11 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,968 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:18 PM

I need some serious get it by saturday vibes, please. I leave for grassroots in a week and i'd rather deal with the end of it there and not have to think about it at vibes than have to deal w/it at two festivals. i've been munching cheapo cocoa puffs. I figure that has the least calories/ most vitamins for my sacrificial dollar. I definitely have other "it's coming" symptoms. I just want it now. :lol:
:adds wood to welcome bonfire: I didn't feel myself ovulate, a few weeks ago (I usually feel it.). If it want to take a month off (it does that, once or twice a year), that would be fine, too. :dance:

#12 mountain mama

mountain mama
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

vibes to ya sarah :heart: i am so happy to be suffering cramps right now as it means none for vibes!! 1st time in a few years that i won't have it there!!:ura1:

#13 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Sarah, I hope it either misses you completely or times itself well for your adventures... :heart:

There is nothing worse than camping & cramping!!! :hit:

#14 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,394 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

pretty much the whole time vibes was at ILCC, i got my period the 1st morning of the fest! :rolleyes:

did much better the past 3 years :)

i'm 51 now and haven't been very regular this year so... who knows...?:dunno:

luckily though, this is the only symptom i've had so far! :Phishfolk: i have maca to thank for that :thup:

#15 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

i'm right on schedule to get mine the first or second day 'o Vibes...again :bang:

sacrificial chocolate, coming right UP :eek: :lol: love you Sarah!

#16 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

Good luck ladies. I'm on track to get mine a couple days after Vibes, so lets hope I'm super regular this month and it doesn't come early. Just started a new birthcontrol though, so who the f*ck knows. :lol: Honestly though, mine doesn't really ever hang me up too much...just take a motrin 800 every 6-8 hours and I'm good. Well, except that wicked 2 days before it comes when if mixed with the right concoction of vodka I could be an angry lunatic- but really that hasn't happened since I dumped my last loser boyfriend, and fortunately my current boyfriend is sweeter than pecan pie. :heart:

#17 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,968 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

got last night. 1 fest shot, but at least I won't have it at vibes. :)

#18 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,835 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

vibes to ya sarah :heart: i am so happy to be suffering cramps right now as it means none for vibes!! 1st time in a few years that i won't have it there!!:ura1:

this may be the first fest that i do :joker:

#19 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,835 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

thank god, flo showed up yesterday :Phishfolk:

not one fest yet!!!!

#20 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:18 PM

I take everything back said about mine not holding me up much. I was joking the other night that Dave Schools shook me all the way down to my ovaries, and dammit, they haven't been right since. Woke up at 3am last night in terrible pain. Put warm water in a ziplock to try and get some relief...woke up in just as much pain. I can only figure my new birthcontrol is affecting me. It still hasn't even come yet. :plain:

dt: gah! it's getting worse and worse. I've never gone home before becasue of period stuff...I'm seriously thinking abotu it today.

#21 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,594 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:52 AM

thermacare heat wraps. :thup: the little back of neck/shoulder ones. :thup: :thup:

#22 mountain mama

mountain mama
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

happy and lucky again! phew and ow...

the thermacare heat wraps are wunnerful, tried the cvs brand to save a few bucks but they're totally not worth it...

#23 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,594 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

never had them till i turned 40, not a fan!!! :joker:

#24 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

Ugh, I had the worst cramps last night... Crazy to think that 50 years ago or so doctors all said that they weren't real that they were just imagined by the women suffering from them... :rolleyes: Man, if a doctor ever said that to me, he'd be fishing his balls out of his throat after I kicked them up there!!!

"Imagined" - can you imagine? :hit:

#25 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,412 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

damn it jennie if you're gonna have yours that means I"m gonna have mine....grrrr....

#26 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Ugh, I had the worst cramps last night... Crazy to think that 50 years ago or so doctors all said that they weren';t real that they were just imagined by the women suffering from them... :rolleyes: Man, if a doctor ever said that to me, he'd be fishing his balls out of his throat after I kicked them up there!!!

"Imagined" - can you imagine? :hit:

:lmao:

#27 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

It's been like Christmas in July the past few days! Let it flow, let it flow, let it flow! :clapping:

So sorry you're hurting Lola. :heart:

#28 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,594 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

the thermacare heat wraps are wunnerful, tried the cvs brand to save a few bucks but they're totally not worth it...

good to know!