First Festival Sober

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 C.h.r.i.s

C.h.r.i.s
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

My name is Chris. Im 19 from Boston, MA and have about 2 years recovery. I had plans to go to the Vibes with a bunch of friends but they are all bailing out last minute. I would really appreciate the numbers or anyway to get in touch with sober people. Id be so willing to volunteer at the Wharf Rat tent. I just need to get in touch with people who are clean and sober. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Infintite Blessings,
Chris B

#2 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 379 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Hey Chris, the Wharf Rats have a campsite every year in family camping. C'mon over! Last year was my first sober fest. It was incredible. All the Wharf Rat volunteer slots are filled, but that doesn't mean you can't hang at the tent all day and help out! Last year I saw most of the shows from that tent. It was a life saver. I can't express how much the Rats and the Vibes mean to me and to my recovery. I'll send you a message with my info.

#3 kmo32

kmo32
  • VibeTribe
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:28 AM

This will be my first sober festival also, how do I find all the sober heads? It sounds like you cant pick and choose where you camp? Help?

#4 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,684 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:51 AM

Start a thread looking for an extra family camping pass. The Wharf Rats camp there.

#5 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 379 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:11 PM

Email Summer(vibeguide) I think she usually takes care of family camping passes. They have not been sent out yet, you may still be able to get in.

#6 Mopsy

Mopsy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

Hey Chris...we're rolling down from Boston and this is my first festival sober, too. Do you hit mtgs around here? We could meet up so you have a couple friendly faces before heading to the Vibes. Let me know!

#7 SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:25 AM

Last year was my first year doing vibes clean and sober, and this will be my second (regardless of my nickname).

Anyway, I've done a bunch of different festivals, and I have to say "Vibes really is about good vibes", more than most. Everyone is hanging out with friends on a beautiful day, digging the music and smiling... actually happy... and I'm looking forward to it.

Good luck everyone.

#8 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 379 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

Chris, it was great meeting you. I look forward to seeing you again next year. How was VIP?:dance: You never came back. I hope you had safe travels.