My 1 y/o rolls his eyes.. Is this a problem? #3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Does it frequently. Was cute at first, not we're not so sure this is normal. My sister suggested talking to our pediatrician, who had never seen this.. or go see an eye Dr.

#2 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Do either of you wear glasses?

My friend's son used to roll his eyes like that when he was very young...now he has glasses.

:dunno:

#3 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

My kids all did that when they were sleepy. was he tired? if it's happening more frequently than that, I'd go to the dr.

#4 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

i would check with the doctor. i am sure there is a perfectly innocent explanation like dry eyes, or being tired, or even just needing glasses, but you don't want to take chances with the eyes.

#5 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

p.s. your son is very cute! :D

#6 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

To me it looks like he's saying, "Dude? Seriously?" with his eyes

#7 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

To me it looks like he's saying, "Dude? Seriously?" with his eyes

He does often roll his eyes at us to say something like that. But other times it's completely uncalled for. He does it more to his momma than me. Like if we both go to pick him up from daycare, and she is the first to greet him.. she can say something as normal as "hi baby, I missed you!". ..... and he will roll his eyes. For a while it was really hurting her feelings.

We asked our pediatrician who had no idea, though I might attribute that to lack of experience bc he was a young Dr.

#8 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

I would go to a developmental pediatrician then. regular pediatricians don't know much about child development. developmental pediatricians are trained in overall child development and the medical stuff. or try a pediatric neurologist too.

He is too young ito be doing that as a reaction to you. It is either something like dry eyes, sleepiness, possibly something medical or it could be sensory. Some kids have a hard time taking in sensory input. So they will look away because seeing, hearing & touching all at the same time is too much for them.

I would get it checked out & I would ask daycare to watch for it. the drs will want to know how much & when it is happening, so try to chart it - this will help you to figure out if it's happening a lot at certain times of the day too (naptime, end of the day, bedtime etc)