Photo
- - - - -

Euro is the warm-up. The dollar is the main event.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

#!

#2 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

so, buy the ¥ Japanese Yen (JPY) if you're so scared.

If you're right, you'll be set for life.

You could be wrong. In that case, try the Kiwi (NZD), the Aussie (AUD) or the Loonie (CAD) and of course the € Euro (EUR).

There's all sorts of currency to choose from. Are they all going to be worthless?

Buy Pesos, or Rubles or... well, you get the idea.

It's a free market - all yours for the taking.

where can you do this?

http://www.fxcm.com

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

:picardfp:

#4 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Corporations buy foreign currency to hedge against losses.

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

The dollar, if govt. breaks it as they are on track to do, will take down most paper money with it. It's the worlds reserve currency. No paper will be safe in that event.

#6 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

I almost forgot about the Swiss Franc... another big one... how could I forget that?

Is the Franc gonna be worthless too?

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

There is absolutely no way to predict how such an event would unfold. None. But, the writing is on the wall. We are on course to destroy our paper currency as all paper currency have since the birth of paper money.

#8 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

So you think China will be the last country standing?

Hey, did you know they're communist?

#9 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

"The last country standing?" Did I say I think China will be the last country standing? Also, for clarity, China, while still mainly a command/communist economy, has opened up free market concepts. Which is how they are doing so well and have expanded their industries so greatly.This is why havign even a conversation with you is such a waste. You make things up, change topics, move posts. It's dizzying. I try to be tolerant, but it's like pissing up a rope with you. The BRICS bloc is already pulling their own market strings. There is no telling how a situation where the dollar goes 1920s mark or similar on us will turn out in world currency and capital markets. But it wont be good. It will be living hell for America and the end of our "free" society altogether. Schiff lays down some insight in the video on what might occur and what has happened in the past.

#10 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Was there a Bretton Woods agreement or an International Monetary Fund in the past?

Things have changed since WWII

China has been going pretty strong for thousands of years. I doubt they have the 300 year old United States to thank for that.

#11 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

so what exactly are you predicting is going to happen?

you're sounding the alarm... but over what? Mass hysteria? Rampant Chaos? Heads on fire?

#12 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

China has been going for thousands of years. I would not say the have been going pretty strong for thousands of years.

#13 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

They're a powerful force to say the least. Strong and weak is all relative.

I'm sure we can agree that they've been sustaining themselves for thousands of years on their own.

#14 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

There are lots of books on both history and these topics. China, has been going for 1,000s of years. Going "strong" is very new to China. China, was also not communist for the span of it's dynasties. It's been a warring fractured, factional entity for most of it's recorded history. Communism is a 19th century blunder. MASSIVE blunder. The soviet operatives in the State department served up the communisrt party.of china up for power with Truman's (I think, could have been FDR) blessing. There are books on thsi stuff too. Prolly have them at the library prolly.

so what exactly are you predicting is going to happen?

There is absolutely no way to predict how such an event would unfold. None

Okie, I'm bored now, derp.

#15 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

you know Chinese? There's several varieties... i think Mandarin is popular.

Anything I've read on China has been in English. I don't think there's any way of really knowing the history unless you can read Chinese.

So, go learn some Chinese... that'll entertain you for a while.

Plus, you'll be that far ahead of everyone else when the shit really hits the fan.

#16 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

you know Chinese? Anything I've read on China has been in English. I don't think there's any way of really knowing the history unless you can read Chinese. So, go learn some Chinese... that'll entertain you for a while. Plus, you'll be that far ahead of everyone else when the shit really hits the fan.

your thinking is flawed..... and you're trolling.

#17 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

how is my thinking flawed?

America is 300 years old and already had a civil war. Couldn't you say the same about it? (Warring and factioned)

your opinion of China is influenced by what you read, and if it is written in English, then there's been some translation somewhere and room for interpretation.

And you say that I'm trolling? Well, that's clever... how about the original poster? What is he doing?

#18 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Your thinking is flawed because you do not need to know chinese to learn it's history.

the original poster is off being bored

#19 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Your thinking is flawed, because you assume that the translation of whatever it is you're reading is unbiased and accurate.

China's history would be written in Chinese, not English.

Still, the Republic and its culture has been around far longer than any English speaking nation. Whether or not the country is or has been at war makes no difference to me because it seems that our own country isn't much different in that respect.

#20 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Doesn't a Chinese translator use interpretation the same as one would use interpretation if they were reading it themselves?

With that reasoning, are you saying that the history of China is lost forever?

#21 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

He'll suck ya right into dizzyville. You gotta just throw him a bone and then walk away. He can run in circles for days. True story.

#22 syd_25

syd_25
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Ct

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Your thinking is flawed, because you assume that the translation of whatever it is you're reading is unbiased and accurate.

Since when do you assume that whoever wrote down the history, regardless of original language, was unbias and accurate?

#23 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

TASB - 3+ years from now at Strange Creek '14, when the dollar and other world currencies haven't collapsed leading to financial Armageddon and the Marxists in the Obama camp haven't taken over the world, I'm going to walk into camp and smack you in the face. Your assface. Somebody remind me at that time...

#24 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

I'm going to walk into camp and smack you in the face. Your assface. Somebody remind me at that time...

Posted Image

#25 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

I put no timeline on the demise of the currency. How about instead, if by Strangecreek 2014, the govt. has balanced the budget and begun paying down the debt, i will gladly smack my own assface?

#26 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Because it isn't going to happen and this horrible inflationary monetary policy will persist until the demise of the dollar. I'm callin' a kanger'd serbiz.org/kang'd

#27 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Since when do you assume that whoever wrote down the history, regardless of original language, was unbias and accurate?

I don't, actually, because history is always written by the survivors and they usually make themselves out to be heroes.

I really doubt that the Chinese kept accurate records of all their misdoings throughout history.

Is Chinese history lost forever? I'm sure parts of it are, and parts of it have been changed, and parts of it still remain just like the history of every other civilization that has ever existed.

#28 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

That kind of blows your theory on our knowledge of the history in China. Because their communist endeavor was an epcot failure. Why would they write and then translate suchna failure. Not too mention, in the 1900s we didn't need to translate. We work diplomatically with China for most of it (if no all, not checking and going purely on my knowledge)

#29 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

yes... why would they write and translate such a failure...

#30 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

and damn... that was quick response... what do you have an alert on your phone every time I post?

#31 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

Because it was a failure and most people that think try not to repeat failures. In this case avoiding them largely would be a really good idea. But looks like we've got more derps than herps again this time around.

#32 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

you know what's largely a failure? I'll give you a hint. His initials are R.P.

#33 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

How original.

#34 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

well it's the only failure you won't admit to.

everything else is a failure except him... why is that?

#35 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

Everything? I said no such thing. You really are not good at this. Goodnight, pf.

#36 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

name a country that you don't think is a failure

#37 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

Lao Tzu is the bomb fer ser.

He taught the way of no way. What way? Wu Wei! no way! Yes Way!

TAO

Anyway, there's your history of China.