Weighthacker "Smart tips and strategies for geeks"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Pretty cool website. Not tons of content yet, but I've found lots of interesting things on here so far.

Saying ‘I don’t’ instead of ‘I can’t’ makes it easier to resist food temptations
How to make an edible Darth Vader sculpture out of carrots
Researchers Say This Formula Can Help You Lose Weight: 8 Grams Per 1000 Calories

http://www.weighthacker.com/

#2 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I like this one
Use Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis to (almost) effortlessly lose weight

Something that’s been critical to losing weight for me is Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT), a term coined by researcher Dr. James Levine. He works at the Mayo Clinic doing inactivity studies, where he famously discovered among other things that sedentary people gain more weight than people who perform a lot of simple movements throughout the day like walking and fidgeting.
In one study he found that obese people made just 1,500 NEAT movements a day, vs up to 5,000 for someone in a physically active job like farming. Again, that’s not exercise, that’s daily movements like tying your shoes or getting a glass of water.
A huge benefit of NEAT activities is that they quickly add up. This was demonstrated by one study participant who burned over 600 calories a day with non-exercise movement. For someone my size, that’s more calories than I’d expend doing an aerobic exercise for an hour.
READ MORE >>

#3 perc820

perc820
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Sounds too good to be true....