Photo

Uh oh! Strange Creek Thurs night = $100!!!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

:(

Per their FB post: https://www.facebook...100000800005640

Posted Image

Strange Creek Campers

20 minutes ago

PLEASE NOTE: it's is an extra 100 to come in Thursday night an the reason for that is we don't want people come on Thursday so PLEASE wait to come on Friday! thanks

#2 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

I understand the reasons, but this is going to bum some people out and make it a little more competitive for spots on Fri... :undecided:

#3 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,351 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I know I can't make it Thursday either way, but would be willing, if need be, to kick in a little dough to defray the cost of a couple/few folks getting up there and grabbing space so's this little family can camp together...

#4 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

Ditto. I normally don't make it until Fri, but definitely willing to kick in to help secure our spot :)

#5 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'm with Tim & Sean- Is anyone planning on heading up ahead of time to grab a boardie spot? I'd be happy to throw in if that means I'll have people I love to cook for. I know there won't be as many as there was at Wormtown, but how many grills might there be? I'll have some grills and a wok.
(I'm thinking along the lines of that wonderful city we had a the last wormtown) Am I thinking too wishfully?

#6 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

I might expect just as many if not more of us there for SC :jump:

#7 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

Wheeeeeeee!

Why have I not bought my tickets yet :cry:

#8 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

Roping off space for a large group may not work according to the responses on that Facebook thread. Sounds like people are ready to rip down caution tape or rope to stake claim :-/

#9 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

I will be there thurs b/c I work family camp. I will help if I can - just tell me where - the usual spot?

#10 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Roping off space for a large group may not work according to the responses on that Facebook thread. Sounds like people are ready to rip down caution tape or rope to stake claim :-/

:( but it was so wonderful!
(at wormtown) I'd gotten in at 7 Friday night and wandered around for at least an hour before settling on an area behind caution tape in a mud/stick pit past the footbridge... Then I called Butch and he yelled at me to get my ass over there. I can't imagine what it would've been like if I'd camped "out there" I doubt I'd be psyched to go back again. I just want to camp, hang with and feed my friends

What is the ingress typically like on Friday morning?

MamaKel, you're a sweetie- I hope to meet you :) (If I didn't already at Wormtown :lol:)

#11 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,351 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

:( but it was so wonderful! (at wormtown) I'd gotten in at 7 Friday night and wandered around for at least an hour before settling on an area behind caution tape in a mud/stick pit past the footbridge... Then I called Butch and he yelled at me to get my ass over there. I can't imagine what it would've been like if I'd camped "out there" I doubt I'd be psyched to go back again. I just want to camp, hang with and feed my friends What is the ingress typically like on Friday morning? MamaKel, you're a sweetie- I hope to meet you :) (If I didn't already at Wormtown :lol:)

I have faith that it will work out, Jess. :)

Worst case scenario, we sic Auntie Ninja on Derek. :funny1:

#12 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

Normally the ingress friday morning is really busy for the first 2 hours after gates open and then a HUGE rush 3PM on through the night with people coming after work. In recent years, people coming in thursday night had blown the fuck up (even though Wormtown has always made it clear they didn't want to let people in thurs night) and it was almost as if all primo camping was full by early friday morning.

Should be interesting. I'm curious as to how it'll be. I won't be there though.......

Have a blast boardies :D

#13 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,637 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

Is the $100 extra on Thursday per car or per person?

I think the idea of people kicking in to pay the cost of the people that go early is good.

I'd kick in and/or go early to help reserve spots.

If caution tape doesn't cut it -- how about get our tents to the people going early and they can set up actual tents.

#14 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

I'm guessing that most of the people that are going to cut caution tape are across the bridge or closer to Vernville. Maybe not, but hopefully some caution tape, a few tents, and tarps work where we're at until folks are in...

#15 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

:eek:

#16 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

:) Thanks Tim

You guys freakin' rock!

#17 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

Setting up a shit-ton of tents and tarps is the way to go. I'm usually the sucker staking claim cuz I work a lot of the shows and that's my plan of attack. And if you have a few 8 person tents cleverly positioned, you're golden :wink:

#18 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

I didn't see this notification anywhere on the Wormtown Facebook page. Am I missing it?

#19 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

How credible is this "Wormtown campers"?
They aren't my friend so I have no clue. I do know that thursday night entry has been a thorn in wormtown's side for some time now. I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a way to deter people from showing up early.

#20 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

Nope. You didn't miss it, but who knows. Love the Worms, but they're not the most web-savvy at times. The links for the new Strange Creek page don't work on the Wormtown website either ;)

#21 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

I mean "strangecreek campers"

#22 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

I didn't see this notification anywhere on the Wormtown Facebook page. Am I missing it?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000800005640 I found it here- but know nothing about their validity

I have a 3pr. tent and one, maybe two EZups in addition to the aforementioned kitchen crap

#23 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,393 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

I know I can't make it Thursday either way, but would be willing, if need be, to kick in a little dough to defray the cost of a couple/few folks getting up there and grabbing space so's this little family can camp together...

this. Happy to help defray costs. We'll be rolling in 1st thing Friday morning

though I thought Butch was all het and brah and could start building the reservation on Sunday :dunno:

#24 -Q-

-Q-
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

i saw someone saying on FB that they decided on a price for thursday and it wasn't 100 bucks. either way they really don't want people showing up early

#25 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,829 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

this. Happy to help defray costs. We'll be rolling in 1st thing Friday morning though I thought Butch was all het and brah and could start building the reservation on Sunday :dunno:

Butch and Teo are actually already there armed with flaming spunion sticks.

#26 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

Add me to the list of people willing to chip in to secure some spots. Camping in the swap or in the field doesn't float my boat so to speak....

#27 Stanimal

Stanimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'll be there early Friday, as not to be a pain in the ass to the festival throwers...just hope there's enough prime real estate left

:spun:

#28 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Why don't you respect the worms wishes and not come in on Thursday at all? And in reality, its first come first served. This whole roping of sections of good campground to "reserve" for you so you can show up the next night and waltz into a good spot, seems a little douche-y to me. On the other hand, this might be a factor of too many tickets being sold for that location if there is this much commotion about getting a spot.

#29 stevdef

stevdef
  • VibeTribe
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

I still have some SC tickets left ($95) if anyone needs em. PM me for details.

#30 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,351 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Why don't you respect the worms wishes and not come in on Thursday at all? And in reality, its first come first served. This whole roping of sections of good campground to "reserve" for you so you can show up the next night and waltz into a good spot, seems a little douche-y to me. On the other hand, this might be a factor of too many tickets being sold for that location if there is this much commotion about getting a spot.

A good spot is nice. But a spot together is what matters to me...

#31 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,292 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

True dat.
Nobody wants to be wandering around aimlessly looking for their lost tent.

#32 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Yep, don't see anything wrong with friends wanting to camp with friends.

True dat. Nobody wants to be wandering around aimlessly looking for their lost tent.

:lol:

#33 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,714 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

there aren't too many festivals i'd say this about i don't think, but strangecreek is one of them: i wouldn't go if i couldn't camp with my friends.

the disclaimer is there is no way i'm going to be able to make it, this year

#34 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Nothing wrong with wanting to be with friends. When does your good time cross the line and start to affect other's good time?

#35 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,351 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Nothing wrong with wanting to be with friends. When does your good time cross the line and start to affect other's good time?

In my experience, our good time has enhanced the good time of other folks. Not talking about denying anyone from having a place to camp, but in order to keep the group together, seems to me setting up some sort of perimeter is necessary.

#36 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

In my experience, our good time has enhanced the good time of other folks. Not talking about denying anyone from having a place to camp, but in order to keep the group together, seems to me setting up some sort of perimeter is necessary.

Yep! Hell, we used minimal space for our group, I think the first ones that came actually cleared it out as we did the prior year too. Made room for others to set up their tent and fed a bunch of people too.

#37 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,190 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Strangecreek is different than most fests since you're not camping by your car. And since you're not camping next to your car , it makes it a festival very conducive to people coming early and staking out areas to camping with your friends.

Isn't that kinda what we got going on w/boardie camping? An area of the campgrounds staked out for us so we can camp w/our friends?

#38 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,393 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

that's pretty much how I view the camping scene at Strangecreek. Loosely organized boardie camping

#39 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

The $100 is not true. :P

#40 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

#41 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thats good, it did start a good conversation though. Seems like a bunch of bodysuits(phone auto correct for boardies) are looking forward to camping together. That makes me :)

#42 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Perhaps you hippies should get jobs instead of going to festivals.

#43 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,829 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Not worried about it. We always come together. We will make it work.

#44 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,351 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Seems like a bunch of bodysuits(phone auto correct for boardies)

#45 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

:lol: seriously? But the drama was just getting good!

#46 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,292 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Perhaps you hippies should get jobs instead of going to festivals.

Perhaps iasw should ditch his job and go to more festivals.

#47 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Thats what I say Greg. We always find some way to make it work and will again this year.

#48 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,244 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

settle down kids! it will be fine!

#49 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

Yes sir :)

#50 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,829 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

Shit this reminds me I have to put my name on the Calender at work for that Friday off. And get my money to kitty for my ticket.