Worse Crowd EVER at last nights Wilkes Barre Bobby show

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PennsylvaniaPete

PennsylvaniaPete
  • VibeTribe
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

I thought Bobby was really inspired last night. But was I the only one in the crowd that thought that?

I've been to hundreds of concerts in my life. All genres you can imagine. I've been to 63 Grateful Dead, many many, Ratdog, Furthur, Phil and Friends, Phish, heavy metal, mainstream rock, folk, opera, classical, celtic, country, just about it all. I NEVER was with such a crappy audience as last night. (OK, I wasn't at Deer Creek 1995 or Altamont.) Did anyone in the audience realize there was a concert going on? The level of talking was beyond belief. It was like we were at a corner bar, and some 4th rate guitar player, playing covers on a poorly tuned KMart guitar was working for free drinks was in the corner. CONSTANT coversations on everything from the Led Zeppilin cover band they had just seen, to the Grateful Dead concert they saw in 1993, to how bored they were. And no attempt to wisper or anything. I never saw anything that bad!

#2 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 30,628 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

Bobby fans are people too.

#3 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,999 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

:lol:

#4 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,204 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

I went to Wilkes Barre once to see the biscuits. There was a wedding at the Best Western hotel we were staying at next to the venue. I understand staying at a Best Western after a wedding but who actually gets married at a Best Western?, people sketchier then biscuits fans.

#5 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,478 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

You might be sketchy if you got your nose broken at your sister's wedding.

#6 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,204 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

You might be sketchy if you got your nose broken at your sister's wedding.

We sat in the hallway drinking beers and watched groomsmen and a bridesmaid go into a room, heard them having sex through the door for a giant 5 minutes then him push her out of the room and throw a lit cigarette at her. hilarity ensued. :pimp:

#7 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Ok I know where I am moving to!

#8 Gypsy Bob

Gypsy Bob
  • VibeTribe
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Pete, don't you realize people go to concerts to socialize, the music is secondary...sad.

#9 Nuthatch

Nuthatch
  • VibeTribe
  • 589 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Pete---Totally different experience @ Westbury LI show on sat night. Maybe the venue is more conducive to a more intimate experience (I've never been to W-B, PA venue) or the folks were just different. IMHO, to go see to a solo performer is to listen to the music. Except for a few enthusiastic yells, mosly appropriate, and group singing, I sensed a total high regard for what Bobby was doing. A great experience-- and I was glad to be there and be able to HEAR and SEE (especially Bobby's fingers) it.

#10 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

There was a Bobby show in Wilkes barre? Huh?

I will say that I've had similar horrible crowd experiences at Penn's Peak. Just too much good ole boy hard drinkin' for me to deal with. Fist fights and shoving matches, and one loud talker after another. It's one of the venues I think twice about going to on a Friday or a saturday night, due to the elevated partying.

#11 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,434 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

We sat in the hallway drinking beers and watched groomsmen and a bridesmaid go into a room, heard them having sex through the door for a giant 5 minutes then him push her out of the room and throw a lit cigarette at her.  hilarity ensued. :gregoir:

Now THAT'S a weddin'!!!! :D

#12 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,434 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

I can see crowds chatting and not paying attention at a local bar gig....maybe, but at a legit venue??? Shameful!

I hate when people wants to chat me up the second the music comes on. First of all I can't fucking hear u. I'm deaf in my right ear and my left ear is busy listening to the band and secondly, really???? You couldn't get everything off your chest BEFORE the show???? **

** I may or may not have been guitly of these actions myself :blush:

/rant

#13 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,816 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

I can see crowds chatting and not paying attention at a local bar gig....maybe, but at a legit venue??? Shameful! I hate when people wants to chat me up the second the music comes on. First of all I can't fucking hear u. I'm deaf in my right ear and my left ear is busy listening to the band and secondly, really???? You couldn't get everything off your chest BEFORE the show???? ** ** I may or may not have been guitly of these actions myself :blush: /rant

We probably all have at one point or another... usually for me it's been when I've had too much to drink :lol:

#14 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

Why it was just 41 years ago I ran into the same exact thing ... only took me like 20 years to sort of give up on it...:appropriateemoticonhere: