Ticket prices up to $205

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,883 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

I was looking just out of curiosity to see if I could gauge how well tickets were selling for this year's festival... if it's any indication, prices went up to $205 sometime recently... so I think things are going very well in that respect :mrgreen:

#2 oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard
  • VibeTribe
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

We noticed the price increase when we went to finally get our tickets this morning. At first we were like, damn thats what we get for being lazy, then my Dad(who is footing the bill) says, well how much are VIP then? Whole fam is going in style with VIP this year! Thats some well timed price increase right there!

#3 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,837 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

I hope they are always nice to see Vibes being successful. There challenge is going to be pulling people from outside the Northeast Corridor with All Good being cheaper and having a similar lineup.

#4 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,883 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think there's a pretty consistent group of people (outside of the boards) that always makes a point of going to the vibes and another that always goes to all good. I think there is a smaller group that routinely goes to both of them when they don't overlap on the same weekend. All good is cheaper but not by very much, tickets are still going for $189. I think for people in the Northeast especially in eastern upstate New York, New Jersey, Long Island, Eastern Pennsylvania and New England if they can only do one Festival on that scale it's more than likely they would go to vibes. This year's location for all good is 3 hours further away than previously from this region. For me personally that would probably cost $200-300 just in gas to get there and back, which would destroy my festival budget. Of course not everyone is as broke as I am :lol:

Thankfully there is a huge audience in the Northeast region so the impact of having another major festival on the same weekend is somewhat diminished by having a built in audience right along the 95 corridor. I actually think both festivals may end up doing pretty well, All Good is positioned a bit closer to the Midwest market snow than it used to be, so they have a potential draw from a different region. it's only 6-7 hours from Chicago now as opposed to 10.

I'm glad I'm not a musician or band crewmember traveling between those two, I'll say that :lol:

#5 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,837 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

If it was not for my friends through here I would be headed to All Good.

#6 neurotech

neurotech
  • VibeTribe
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

But we have the Sound to go along with The sounds, for at least this one more year. Here's the latest results - you can add your vote too: http://www.jambands....ttend-this-year

WoooHooooo we are getting there and it is so nice out today too. Last VIBES before the new Mayan Era!

New Mayan Era - i that a band?

T-shirt for the summer: What's Mayan is yours and what's yours is Mayan.