Photo
- - - - -

So who visited the Medical Tent last year?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

I got a ride on a mini-meatwagon (golf cart) to the medical tent because I was about to pass out. They kept me there for an hour, icing my neck and armpits. Just interested to know how many others ended up there :zstupid:

#2 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Tabbooma's brother ended up there and than off to the hospital for some IV's around 7PM... he was a trooper though, he was back on site by 3:00AM... he could of went home, only lives 5 miles from Vibes ;) We had 2 other people in our lane that had to go the tent and than the hospital too.. Heat was brutal and not the norm for these parts ;)

#3 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

I made the call for that one. I heard nothing but good reports from your bother and others that had to visit. Good job to all in the Medical Tent! :)

#4 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yeah the people in the medical tent were great. They couldn't do anything about my severe cramping and that was certainly the worst. There was simply no way to stay ahead of the heat. I went swimming in the sound, stood at misting fan, didn't drink alcohol (bummer) and still couldn't beat it. They asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital but I said no. As a result, I missed much of the festival. Sucks getting old but this year I'm in VIP and will be more aware.

#5 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

A couple IV's would of brought you right back, Tabbooma cooked a whole bunch with his brother, Tabbooma was drinking sport drinks and his bro was only drinking water and he went down.. Tabbooma may have wobbled but he did not fall down ;)

#6 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

you always gotta thank the people that watch over us. I know i've had to get or send for a few emt's at all good finding people bad off.

#7 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

I went thru 24 Gatorades in 2 1/2 days...so many I was pissing red. :shocked: But I felt hydrated and didnt topple over. :smile:

A couple IV's would of brought you right back, Tabbooma cooked a whole bunch with his brother, Tabbooma was drinking sport drinks and his bro was only drinking water and he went down.. Tabbooma may have wobbled but he did not fall down ;)

#8 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

I didn't take a piss all day Friday. I told them that in the medical tent and they didn't seem surprised. They said it was so hot that some people's bodies just couldn't adapt quickly enough and BINGO...heat exhaustion

#9 katydid

katydid
  • VibeTribe
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

I was working vibes last year and had the pleasure of bopping from AC trailer to AC'd trailer. By Saturday I had a big case of the woozies. Sitting down on the floor of the trailer a co-worker of mine handed me coconut water which is mega hydrating and also i was given one of those electrolyte tablets....just dissolves in a bottle of water.

I also heard the ER staff at the Bridgeport hospital wore t-shirt that said "bring it Vibes"

#10 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

coconut water which is mega hydrating

Yup, it cures.......