• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Pher

Pher
  • VibeTribe
  • 903 posts
  • LocationSaratoga Springs, NY

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm not that big into politics, but when election day comes I think I'm voting Obama I think he's a cool dude :shades:

#2 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,461 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Yes

#3 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,883 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

even the Ron Paulers should. Otherwise Citizens United is only the beginning.

#4 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,655 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Prolly.

#5 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,563 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

obviously

#6 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,842 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

yes

#7 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

#8 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

No doubt. To me, political apathy means not actively campaigning for him.

#9 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

in before the mooooooove.

Posted Image

#10 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

If only to watch Joker's and TASB's heads explode... :lol:

I may sit this one out. We'll see...

#11 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

absolutely without a doubt and mainly just to spite Joke and TASB

#12 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Not a chance in hell. But if we're basing our future liberties, nation and lives on how cool someone is, I guess we have our answer as a nation.

#13 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

even the Ron Paulers should. Otherwise Citizens United is only the beginning.

What a laughin' stock this is. Obama didn't overturn citizens united. Or solve any other problems for that matter.

#14 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,842 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

What a laughin' stock this is. Obama didn't overturn citizens united. Or solve any other problems for that matter.

I think he's saying that the Supreme Court justices that voted for it were all appointed by Republicans, and there's a good chance the person who wins this particular election will be appointing a couple new justices at least...

#15 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

since it is an election year, and our future depends on the outcome of this election, I think it might be a mistake to move political threads.

Music has been used as a political force throughout history.

#16 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

I really don't see how people can support the Occupy movement and vote for someone who is backed by those they're supposedly fighting against.

It's no wonder things in this country have turned to shit while our privacy and our rights are being taken away from us

#17 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

bahhhahahahah

"gee, I'm a concerned troll and I'm so concerned that you OWSers don't know what you're doing."

what rights have been taken away from you by Barack Obama, Joke?

#18 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

I think he's saying that the Supreme Court justices that voted for it were all appointed by Republicans, and there's a good chance the person who wins this particular election will be appointing a couple new justices at least...

That's a good reason to vote even for Romney.

#19 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

I want my right to own slaves back! Wah.

#20 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hippies vote Democrat, film at 11.

If they move this thread I'm done with this board. They're killing this place, dead.

#21 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Among other things, since taking office Obama has:

- Signed the NDAA into law -- assassinating US citizens w/o trial now legal
- Waged war on Libya without congressional approval
- Started a covert, drone war in Yemen
- Escalated the proxy war in Somalia
- Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan
- Will maintain a presence in Iraq even after "ending" war
- Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan
- Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries
- Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia
- Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia
- Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan
- Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster

- Did a TV commercial promoting "clean coal"
- Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports
- Signed the Patriot Act extension into law
- Continued Bush's rendition program

http://stpeteforpeace.org/obama.html

#22 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Whistleblowers Suffer More than Ever Under Obama

Posted ImagePosted Image

Getty Images

US President Barack Obama: The "worst president in terms of his record on whistleblowing"

The US government is celebrating the release of the 'Pentagon Papers' on the Vietnam War as a sign of its openness. The truth, however, is that President Barack Obama has taken a much tougher line on whistleblowers than his predecessors -- despite courtroom setbacks.

More

http://www.spiegel.d...,768344,00.html

#23 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Oops. He grew the deficit and goes down in history as the president that incurred the most debt ever in one term...ever. That's an accomplishment...if you're trying to ruin the country.

#24 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,842 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

the policy says that this thread is supposed to be moved... so you're basically saying that if they follow the policy you're done with the board... as frustrating as it is that politics is a subject that is pushed out of the visible part of the boards, there's more to this community than political discussions and I really hope you wouldn't just go because of that :undecided:

#25 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Sorry for partyin'. :rolling:

#26 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

White House Says Child Soldiers Are O.K., if They Fight Terrorists

“You cannot be completely happy with all these wounds—both in your body and in your mind.”

15 year-old child soldier

The phenomenon of child soldiers, like genocide, slavery and torture, seems like one of those crimes that no nation could legitimately defend. Yet the Obama administration just decided to leave countless kids stranded on some of the world’s bloodiest battlegrounds.

The administration stunned human rights groups last month by sidestepping a commitment to help countries curb the military exploitation of children. Josh Rogin at Foreign Policy reported that President Obama issued a presidential memorandum granting waivers from the Child Soldiers Prevention Act to four countries: Chad, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Sudan and Yemen. The memo instructed Secretary of State Hilary Clinton that it is in our “national interest” to continue extending military aid to those countries, despite their failure to comply with the rules Congress passed and George W. Bush signed in 2008.

A thumbs-up for child soldiers from the pen of President Obama? Whitehouse spokesperson P.J. Crowley explained it was a strategic decision to ease the 2008 law. The rationale is that on balance, it’s more effective for the U.S. to keep providing military assistance that will help countries gradually evolve out of the practice of marshaling kids to the battlefield, rather than isolating them.

According to the Christian Science Monitor, Crowley argued, “These countries have put the right policies in place… but are struggling to correctly implement them.” The New York Times reported that administration spokespeople also cited the countries’ crucial role in global counter-terrorism efforts.

Strategically granting certain countries a pass on child rights reflects Washington’s warped attitude toward the global human rights regime. The U.S. has failed to ratify, or simply ignored, numerous human rights protocols, and our ratification of the Convention on the Rights of the Child has languished. Human Rights Watch points out, “Only the United States and Somalia, which has no functioning national government, have failed to ratify the treaty.” (Although we did ratify two optional protocols in 2002, relating to child soldiers and other forms of exploitation.)

http://archive.truthout.org/white-house-says-child-soldiers-are-ok-if-they-fight-terrorists65145

#27 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Imagine the uproar if Bush did this :lol:

White House Enacts Rules Inhibiting Media From Covering Oil Spill

The White House Thursday enacted stronger rules to prevent the media from showing what's happening with the oil spill in the Gulf Coast.

CNN's Anderson Cooper reported that evening, "The Coast Guard today announced new rules keeping photographers and reporters and anyone else from coming within 65 feet of any response vessel or booms out on the water or on beaches -- 65 feet."

He elaborated, "Now, in order to get closer, you have to get direct permission from the Coast Guard captain of the Port of New Orleans. You have to call up the guy. What this means is that oil-soaked birds on islands surrounded by boom, you can't get close enough to take that picture."

As the segment continued, Cooper expressed disgust with this rule repeating several times, "We are not the enemy here" (video follows with transcript and commentary, h/t Cubachi via Hot Air):

Read more: http://newsbusters.o...l#ixzz1szqbCi1g

#28 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,883 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

:lol:

Way to force the move jack. Way to force the move

#29 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,883 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Could last the night though

#30 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

:lol: Way to force the move jack. Way to force the move

The truth hurts, doesn't it? ;)

#31 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Obama Pushes NAFTA Style Trade Policy Despite 2008 Promise

Timothy Wise: US pushing Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement without key reforms:

http://www.youtube.c...&v=R7J4oRa2O9w#!

#32 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,461 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Horsepucky.. The man inherited two wars and an ecomony in a nose dive along with a repub party that voted for nada trying to save the sinking ship

"Oops. He grew the deficit and goes down in history as the president that incurred the most debt ever in one term...ever. That's an accomplishment...if you're trying to ruin the country."

#33 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

I believe he said that after he was already in office.

If there was a chance he couldn't back it up he never should have pledged to do it. And in this case there was a good chance he couldn't do it.

Yet another broken promise

#34 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,842 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

I'm just visiting where all the other threads are about to be moved to :lol:

I didn't realize this was the post lots of reasons that the people who are planning to vote for Obama are wrong thread :bowl:

#35 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

hey Joke, do you honestly think it would be a winning campaign strategy to not make any promises if you're not 100% sure you'll be able to achieve what you're promising?

:lol:

#36 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Horsepucky.. The man inherited two wars and an ecomony in a nose dive along with a repub party that voted for nada trying to save the sinking ship "Oops. He grew the deficit and goes down in history as the president that incurred the most debt ever in one term...ever. That's an accomplishment...if you're trying to ruin the country."

He did. No argument there. Bush was a nightmare. Obama pledged to change it and stop the wars, end gitmo, etc...and for the record, the congress was stacked with Democrats until 2010. So if he had it all sewn up tight, why did he not get his goods through before the stallwart, Tabbooma?

#37 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

I'm just visiting where all the other threads are about to be moved to :lol: I didn't realize this was the post lots of reasons that the people who are planning to vote for Obama are wrong thread :bowl:

soon it will be the "everyone is a liar" thread. wait and see.

#38 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

no matter, it all ends with "derp"

#39 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

That lasted longer than I thought. Frankly, this board is the icing of how it actually is in life. Politics is always moved aside and it takes dedication to remain and be active, well informed and communicative of it. So those that don't like it, are actually doing a disservice to themselves and everyone else. These talks matter to all of our lives. What we can do, who we choose to be, what to say, where to strive and thrive...it takes effort, folks.

Peace.

#40 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'm just visiting where all the other threads are about to be moved to :lol: I didn't realize this was the post lots of reasons that the people who are planning to vote for Obama are wrong thread :bowl:

Notice how long it took before the "why people should vote for him" started? ;)

#41 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

#42 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,461 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Tabbooma asks the same question, thinks instead of the whole party taking a middle of the road and supporting the president, some in the far left wanted to keep in that direction, just could not get the votes without all kinds pork tossed in. They, the Dems had a great opportunity and did not take it.

He did. No argument there. Bush was a nightmare. Obama pledged to change it and stop the wars, end gitmo, etc...and for the record, the congress was stacked with Democrats until 2010. So if he had it all sewn up tight, why did he not get his goods through before the stallwart, Tabbooma?

#43 Tooozday

Tooozday
  • VibeTribe
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

In after the move. That's me.

#44 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

No.

No I will not.

:nulo:

I am not eligible to vote. :funny1:

#45 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

President Barack Obama’s First Two Years: Policy Accomplishments, Political Difficulties

let's not have amnesia here...

it was his first two years. He was still getting his feet wet... remember that was one of the points you had against him before he was elected.

So, settling in, he didn't want to be radical and make too many enemies. He was too nice of a guy and gave in to conservatives too much.

Yes, it came back to bite him in the ass, but at the time I can understand his perspective. He was trying to make friends in Washington, not enemies as you can catch usually catch more flies with honey than you can vinegar.

Republicans were out to make him fail no matter what he did, but he didn't know that yet.

#46 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

He failed himself and us. Quit making lame fucking excuses. it's tiring. Just getting wet in 2 years of a 4 year term? In other words, he was unfit from the outset,

#47 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

he was trying to place nice with Republicans to get their support. He didn't know that in the end they would shaft him. Now he knows.

If he had slammed his agenda through without their support, you'd cry about partisanship and tyranny.

He tried to play nice and you call him a failure.

Is there anything he can't do wrong in your eyes?

#48 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

His last budget was rejected by the entire congressional body. He has not worked with anyone and you're making an excuse for someone who was obviously unfit coming into his term. It's a bad argument. It makes you both look foolish and dumb.

#49 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Ron Paul has sponsored 464 bills in congress over the past 14 years.

How many of these bills have passed?

So, does it make Ron Paul look foolish and dumb when he can't work with anyone? Or does this make him smart and wise.

You're so consistent.

#50 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

So you have to change the subject??? How completely predictable and highly irrelevant.