• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#201 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

anyone see that 5 anarchists in Cleveland were arrested for trying to blow up a bridge?

They were set up by FBI guys... but they still did make the attempt.

I'm torn on this whole incident...

I don't think people should be allowed to blow up bridges, but it seems a little bit like entrapment to lead them on the way they did.

#202 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Seattle

Posted Image

#203 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

Freaken jerkoffs breaking shit is not the answer :(

#204 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,292 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

No kidding!
Gotta wonder what they think they're going to accomplish by vandalizing stuff. :dunno:

#205 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

That went well.

#206 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

http://www.usatoday....plot/54661638/1

Reading this I'm not even sure what to believe anymore...absolute entrapment aimed at putting a violent reputation on occupy...there's no reason to dismiss the possibility that the bike bloc in NYC has a good chance of being an FBI infiltration campaign

I personally didn't see a single shred of violence while I was up there, fortunately. Apparently everything violent happened on our route but prolly after we had passed or while we were still on Bryant park. Cops an protesters during our portion of the march were nothing but peacefule and there was nothing but peace in union square which I left around 530. I heard later about everything violent.

Funny thing about these anarchist types, they never seem to get the beatings from cops that regular protesters end up with from time to time. I will say that occupy needs to vote to publicly denounce the blac bloc tactic if they want to survive

#207 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-05-01/bridge-bomb-plot/54661638/1 Reading this I'm not even sure what to believe anymore...absolute entrapment aimed at putting a violent reputation on occupy...there's no reason to dismiss the possibility that the bike bloc in NYC has a good chance of being an FBI infiltration campaign I personally didn't see a single shred of violence while I was up there, fortunately. Apparently everything violent happened on our route but prolly after we had passed or while we were still on Bryant park. Cops an protesters during our portion of the march were nothing but peacefule and there was nothing but peace in union square which I left around 530. I heard later about everything violent. Funny thing about these anarchist types, they never seem to get the beatings from cops that regular protesters end up with from time to time. I will say that occupy needs to vote to publicly denounce the blac bloc tactic if they want to survive

Really? "Absolute entrapment aimed at putting a violent reputation on occupy"? Got anything to back that up other than your hate for police?

Actually, it seems the original plan (discussed before the informant became involved) was to knock down the bank signs from on top of the larger bldgs in Cleveland. You can try and spin it all you want but it wasn't the police aiming to put a violent reputation on Occupy. It was members of Occupy who had plans for violence and the police got wind of it, infiltrated and then thwarted the planned violence.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ain;contentBody

As for the bike bloc, it seems that was also planned ahead of time in order to tie up traffic

http://www.metro.us/...ans-for-may-day

Occupy really should take a firm stand against those using the blac bloc rather than standing by and seemingly supporting them when they instigate confrontations

#208 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

after hearing/reading about the NYPD/FBI set ups here in NYC, i am suspect of the whole cleveland thing myself.

undercover informant was in control of the fake explosuives, so they let it run it course.
more like some poor guy that got picked up, flipped and offered to do it for them.
just like here.

sooner or later, this technique will bite us on the ass, once they swap out the fake for real explosivies.
i guess the offical repsone PD/HS/FBI will be to deny any involvment.

#209 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Funny thing about these anarchist types, they never seem to get the beatings from cops that regular protesters end up with from time to time.

they are there just to start trouble and know how to run for cover, so others get the beat downs + the blame.

#210 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

Did you get chance to read that first link I posted? It has a lot of info on what happened leading up to their arrest

#211 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

sooner or later, this technique will bite us on the ass, once they swap out the fake for real explosivies.

Exactly. I said the same exact thing to my gf earlier. The, of course, we won't even know bc FBI infiltration will be denied.

#212 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

That video looks like a field trip for the Socially & Emotionally Disturbed class at the local high school.

#213 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

these are the types of things that happen when gov't focus shifts from education to prevention.

#214 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

I started reading the affidavit and it makes me sick to think our government is hiring these snitches.

The CFS (Conifidential Human Source) is a convicted burglar and is currently on probation for passing bad checks in two counties...

and they've paid this person over $5000?

I don't believe the 5 stooges they arrested would have been able to do anything on their own. First off, their original plan was not to blow up a bridge, the piece of shit CHS put them up to that. Secondly, they probably couldn't even make a smoke bomb if they tried. The dude said he downloaded the anarchist cookbook the night before and thought that bombs and grenades in WWII were made from bleach... yeah, real security threat. That was money well spent getting these guys off the street.

Plain and simple this was an attempt to give OWS a bad name by the FBI.

#215 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,382 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hey Vic and Tabbles and the rest of you peaceful protesters, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take it out on you but this was an easy way to vent.

My neighborhood got trashed, I got upset, and took it out on the wrong folks.

#216 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

well, yeah... obviously it wasn't anyone who posts on here that did it... but I knew that so I didn't take it personally.

If I thought you were specifically talking about me then I might have been offended. Or not... who knows.

#217 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

but seriously, I think I could round up 5 yahoos to try and pull off any crime you want... and then turn them in. What does it accomplish?

#218 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

$5k in my pocket ?

#219 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hey Vic and Tabbles and the rest of you peaceful protesters, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take it out on you but this was an easy way to vent. My neighborhood got trashed, I got upset, and took it out on the wrong folks.

I forgive you :heart:

I'm just glad you were able to vent your feelings and release all that negative energy maaaaaan :bigsmile:

#220 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

$5k in my pocket ?

exactly

they must've given him (or her) a grand per yahoo.

#221 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

FBI Sting Charges 5 with Planning to Bomb Bridge; Occupy Cleveland Cancels Rally; Read Full Affidavit...

Disgruntled with the Occupy movements’ non violent approach

- Common Dreams staff

Occupy Cleveland canceled a scheduled May Day rally Tuesday after a group of men connected to the organization were arrested by the FBI.

In a news release, Occupy Clevelandsaid the five men arrested in a terror plot to blow up the Route 82 bridge in Brecksville were "in no way representing or acting on behalf of Occupy Cleveland" and Occupy is rooted in non-violent principles.

The full Occupy Cleveland statement:
While the persons arrested Monday evening by the FBI have participated in Occupy Cleveland events, they were in no way representing or acting on behalf of Occupy Cleveland. Occupy Cleveland has affirmed the principles of non-violence since its inception on October 6, 2011.
Occupy Cleveland has spoken out and worked against violence in all its forms, including:
  • Wars and occupations
  • Economic violence of financial inequality, unemployment, debt, and foreclosure
  • Social violence of racism, sexism and homophobia
  • Environmental violence of global warming and fracking
Occupy Cleveland believes the only way to respond to a violent federal and corporate state is through active non-violence.
It is unfortunate that this occurred on the eve of May Day, the day the Occupy movement and workers around the world have taken to the streets, demanding justice. What has happened in no way discredits the issue and the non-violent methods of Occupy Cleveland and the Occupy movement worldwide.

The Occupy movement is never identified by name in the affidavit filed by federal officials today, but the five arrested had been involved with – and apparently dissatisfied with – Occupy Cleveland. The affidavit, in fact, indicates that the men were disgruntled with the Occupy movements’ non violent approach.

From the FBI affidavit:
"During a briefing between the protestors and organizers, the organizers explained who would be arrested emphasizing that they wanted everyone to conduct peaceful civil disobedience. One of the original four men turned away and said "f-ck that" before the group of men walked away."

The FBI affidavit makes it clear that the five 'black bloc' anarchists were swept into an FBI sting operation using agent provocateurs. The FBI's informant/provocateur seemingly pushed the group to consider different, more extreme plots then they had been planning. In the end, some or all of them were allegedly going to plant C-4 explosives on the Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge over the Cuyahoga Valley National Park near Cleveland.

http://www.commondre...ne/2012/05/01-4

#222 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

The FBI's informant/provocateur seemingly pushed the group to consider different, more extreme plots then they had been planning

sooner or later, they will push too far and loose control of the situation = not good for us.

#223 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,382 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

I forgive you :heart: I'm just glad you were able to vent your feelings and release all that negative energy maaaaaan :bigsmile:

I released my negative energy by spending yesterday afternoon nailing plywood boards over broken windows! It was very liberating.

#224 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

I hope you used a nailgun... hammering is a real bitch on the rotator cuff.

and what took you so long to find the story, Joke? I'm highly disappointed in your reaction time.

on second thought, a nailgun sucks to use too. they're heavy and loud.

you really can't win in construction, unless you can get a robot to do it for you. (or an illegal alien)

#225 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

I released my negative energy by spending yesterday afternoon nailing plywood boards over broken windows! It was very liberating.

That sucks. At least they're not trying to blow things up out there ;)

I hope you spent last night nailing pliable broads :julius: