Photo

Why haven't YOU been posting as much lately? (Questionable Content)

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#201 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Am I being a judgemental fuck?

not so far as I can tell.

I realize I'm being oversensitive but over the years I can't recall one instance where I discussed any boardie related personal matters, and I'm a little disenchanted with even a slight insinuation of such.

and motherfuckers I got some STORIES. :rolling:

I mean... a full tray of ice cubes?? I realize they melt quickly in the zone but my gosh. But I just do as I'm told.

#202 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

nobody cares about your stories, UC. Your ruining the board!

#203 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Diddy, maybe not judgemental, but negative? I don't see you posting rainbows and happy hours. lol.

I for one, Love the top ten clowns around this place!!!

#204 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

nobody cares about your stories, UC. Your ruining the board!

give a fuck I do not.

well gosh I sure don't wanna ruin the board. It's all yours. enjoy.

#205 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Wish you had seen what this place was like from 2001-2005, jwheelz. Completely different place.

Very true. So many more people. More get togethers. If you started a thread and no one posted in it sank within 10 minutes. There just seemed to be more going on here I guess.

#206 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,395 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Because this new board is way too foreign for me. DISLIKE!

#207 FellowTraveler

FellowTraveler
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Here's my theory... Our little boardie community has developed into a really strong social group. The problem with all of us meeting and becoming friends... is just that... becoming friends. We don't insult each other as much, or say what we want to sometimes, because we actually care about peoples feelings more, and know that the chances of coming face to face with the person you may want to cause conflict with... makes us want to keep peace, and our mouths more shut. For example...last week I posted somewhere that I got a DWI last year. It was the first time I ever stated so on the board, and I thought I would get shit for it... but noone said anything... cuz nobody wanted to be mean. lol. I was totally prepared for someone to call me an asshole. lol.

WTF wholeass!!! ... there is that mean enough?

#208 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,798 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

The board it what you make it. Want it to be better, funnier etc, share your insight, wit etc. Every few years we go through this "It's not the same" complaints. Yup it's not and it shouldn't be. It's an ever evolving thing. The more good you put into it the more you will get out.

#209 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Also a lot of people choose to mostly post in The Cassady thread instead of spreading things out all over the place.

#210 robberry

robberry
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,219 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

For example...last week I posted somewhere that I got a DWI last year. It was the first time I ever stated so on the board, and I thought I would get shit for it... but noone said anything... cuz nobody wanted to be mean. lol. I was totally prepared for someone to call me an asshole. lol.

No one needs to tell you what you already know! :robberry:

#211 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

i think everyone is just afraid of my penis

#212 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Also a lot of people choose to mostly post in The Cassady thread instead of spreading things out all over the place.

i wonder what would happen if the cassady thread "mysteriously" disappeared :lol:

#213 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Here's my theory... Our little boardie community has developed into a really strong social group. The problem with all of us meeting and becoming friends... is just that... becoming friends. We don't insult each other as much, or say what we want to sometimes, because we actually care about peoples feelings more, and know that the chances of coming face to face with the person you may want to cause conflict with... makes us want to keep peace, and our mouths more shut.

Nah, Habit can still slob my knob and the idiots who spout off about politics they know nothing about can still throw themselves off a bridge for all I care. :angel:

#214 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

its ok...keep all that nonsense in one thread :lol:

#215 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

its ok...keep all that nonsense in one thread :lol:

so then people complain that there is no nonsense and nothing interesting on the rest of the board?

#216 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

theres plenty of nonsense to go around :lol:

#217 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

Seems to me that MANY boardies that used to post here are still lurking, proof in Nancykind's thread and even in this one. Many of them gave pretty honest answers to Nikki's question. Insulting them because you don't like hearing that they don't post because some people's behavior makes being here a lot like being on a middleschool field trip is sort of counterproductive, no?

And yes, it's probably the behavior of about 5 or 8 people .. and yes, most of us also love those folks, but don't love the VIBE they seem to bring to the board lately.

DHJ - you totally remind me a boardroom full of execs who want to talk strategic planning and you keep interrupting with your birthday party plans. :P

#218 Terry Bo Berry

Terry Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Then there are us lurkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#219 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

wait....now we're insulting people? :rolleyes:

you must be joking
all i see here is a few 3 people consistently insulting the folks that still post here with their "honest" answers....not the other way around.

#220 FellowTraveler

FellowTraveler
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

whats the cassady thread?

#221 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

wait....now we're insulting people? :rolleyes:

Yes. Best way to start drama is to make everyone pick sides. :bouncey:

#222 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

wait....now we're insulting people? :rolleyes: you must be joking all i see here is a few 3 people consistently insulting the folks that still post here with their "honest" answers....not the other way around.

There wasn't even any insulting going on in this thread for the most part, until someone said there was. m now it's probably on the way.

#223 FellowTraveler

FellowTraveler
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

where the hell is visitor when ya need him geez!

#224 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

well if the boards needed drama to pick back up, I think this thread is well on its way :bowl:

#225 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

lol.

At lease I know the :popcorn: emotiocon. lol. See, the status' must be inaccurate. It says that there is only 1 member, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users.... 1 member being me. somethings wrong there.

#226 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

yeah it says the same thing for me except with me being the one user

#227 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

its broken.

#228 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

where the hell is visitor when ya need him geez!

Most don't even remember Viz. He is in the Boardie Hall of Fame for his shit stirring abilities. :afro: :bigsmile:

#229 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

its broken.

Yup same thing for me. And do you realize you and Augie combine for 25% of todays posts. You two need to get the hell out of that apartment. :bouncey:

#230 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

lol. I'm certainly trying!

#231 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

I think it's a combination of a number of factors...
- Switching to this hideous new board and losing 50% of the old functionality.
- Threads of interest being moved to areas where nobody goes. -

All this - please take note Terrapin!

I keep hoping I'll "get used" to these boards, but the truth is they just aren't as functional nor as easy on the eyes as the ones we had in the not-too-distant past.

#232 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

I can't see a single post in this entire thread because everyone is on my ignore list.

but, most of all I can't believe theDHJ show turned out to be a flop.

#233 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Everyone?

#234 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

everyone except you and capt. morgan

my ignore list works in reverse.

#235 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Awesome PF... I enjoy your opinions...

Yup same thing for me. And do you realize you and Augie combine for 25% of todays posts. You two need to get the hell out of that apartment. :bouncey:

Ohh & whatever on the 25%... Haven't I always been on the top poster list? its just that nobody else is making any posts! Not my fault!

#236 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

if I'm one of the people over posting myself, it's mostly because I don't have much else going on right now and it's a good way to get through the day...also just adjusted a medication today and it's making me super hyper which isn't helping me post less :lol:

#237 Janine H

Janine H
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

I mostly lurk :foo:

#238 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

wait....now we're insulting people? :rolleyes: you must be joking all i see here is a few 3 people consistently insulting the folks that still post here with their "honest" answers....not the other way around.

"still post here"? hhmmm .. do you think you're alone in this room?

#239 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,665 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

i took a long hiatus.. but still lurked everyday... had 2 kids.. now that the "shop" is closed.. i have more time to rekindle my boardie love..

#240 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,609 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

I mean, we went from the best board this place has ever seen to this place, which I can't stand, and which not one person has said 'oh, good move'!

Here's my theory... Our little boardie community has developed into a really strong social group...last week I posted somewhere that I got a DWI last year. I was totally prepared for someone to call me an asshole. lol.

Two good points.

Also, too much Bobby...

Posted Image

#241 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,071 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

if I'm one of the people over posting myself, it's mostly because I don't have much else going on right now and it's a good way to get through the day...also just adjusted a medication today and it's making me super hyper which isn't helping me post less :lol:

Ah, no. It's definitely not you!

I think what some of us mean by overposting is starting countless 'me, me, me' threads. Threads along the lines of 'I had a salad for lunch today' or 'I am breathing' :lol:

Also, it's the folks that chime in on almost everything with the same type of comments, just about every time. Putting their 'mark' in the thread if you will. While I do understand that sometimes that type of repetition can be quite amusing, it also gets to be too much after a while and might deter some folks from starting and/or participating in threads.

#242 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

"seemingly post too much here"? hhmmm .. do you think you're alone in this room?

fixed.

never the less i have found the previous posts to be hurtful

#243 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Ah, no. It's definitely not you! I think what some of us mean by overposting is starting countless 'me, me, me' threads. Threads along the lines of 'I had a salad for lunch today' or 'I am breathing' :lol: Also, it's the folks that chime in on almost everything with the same type of comments, just about every time. Putting their 'mark' in the thread if you will. While I do understand that sometimes that type of repetition can be quite amusing, it also gets to be too much after a while and might deter some folks from starting and/or participating in threads.

:lol: thank you for clarifying... although if you'll notice I am one of the top posters today, I'm not kidding about hyper... this is me today:

:bliss:

#244 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,934 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]DHJ - you totally remind me a boardroom full of execs who want to talk strategic planning and you keep interrupting with your birthday party plans. :P

In all honesty I don't know what you mean. Why do threads like this become a DHJ behavior assessment? :lol:

I love randomness and non sequiturs. This is who I am here, in real life or otherwise, take it or leave it. It's not something I do in death threads or something serious like Nancy's thread. What's the point you're making? I don't get it.

most of all I can't believe theDHJ show turned out to be a flop.

It was a flop because no one told me it was a show. :wink:

#245 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,146 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

where's google and why can't I friend him or pm him?

#246 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

I don't come around as much because I don't know what the fuck any of you are talking about anymore :unsure:

Seriously though, I think maybe I just need to make more of an effort.

#247 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

There should be more chocolate Ice Cream in here ;)

#248 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

There should be more chocolate Ice Cream in here ;)

ice cream is elder's kryptonite

#249 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

Seriously though, I think maybe I just need to make more of an effort.

That's how community works - we ALL need to make the effort. :heart:

#250 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,071 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:54 AM

Don't you think the face jokes are getting a little old now? :rolleyes: Your ruining the board with that crap.

I have to say, the 'face' thing is one of the things that turns me off on this board. It's just so overdone and is in what seems to be, every thread. I'll start reading a thread and then there it is. So, I typically stop reading and get the hell out of there....