Photo

Why haven't YOU been posting as much lately? (Questionable Content)

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#51 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

no girlfriends to steal anymore

#52 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

everyday i find a new bug...not that it matters...noone in charge seems to give a damn anyway.

#53 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,203 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

New board keeps logging me out.
One day it happened 6 times in 15 minutes.

Or maybe it's TEO messing with my head. :dunno:

#54 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

its a great first impression for any newcomers visiting the board for the first time...

#55 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,138 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Wish it was.

#56 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

she said head

#57 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,203 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

It's weird.
I have been in the middle of posting something, and all of a sudden I have to sign in again.

#58 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

she said "in the middle"

that's what I'm talkin' bout.

:woot:

yep. just aint the same.

:rolling:

#59 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

fuck!!!

ASS!!#@!#

#60 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,734 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Alright...I'm puttin' the lotion on the skin, I'm rubbin' it in...... :rolleyes:

#61 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Im leaving the boards forever!! This place sux anymore. :protest:

#62 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Alright...I'm puttin' the lotion on the skin, I'm rubbin' it in...... :rolleyes:

i think you mean "out" but I can't keep abreast with what you kids are callin it these days :tapfoot:

#63 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

frothy lube'd

#64 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Busy, mainly, but it doesn't seem as active around here :dunno: I lurk and scan, but not a lot to say. Too little drama - we must be getting old and just don't give a shit anymore :lol: I'm sure it will pick up a bit again come festie season.

Pretty much for this reason....

#65 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

so how do we do the drama again? i need a re-fresher

#66 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

all the single wiminz are gone.....

#67 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think it's a combination of a number of factors...

- Social media where you can tailor who you hear from and who you don't.
- Switching to this hideous new board and losing 50% of the old functionality.
- Threads of interest being moved to areas where nobody goes.
- Certain people overposting, making the board seem like it's 75% content generated by 5 people. If you've started half the threads on the main page, you're overposting. If you're in a group of people talking, and one person is doing 90% of the talking, you don't stand there listening every single day wondering what the person will say next.
- Habit

#68 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

I was kidding about -Habit. ;)

#69 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,287 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

It's weird. I have been in the middle of posting something, and all of a sudden I have to sign in again.

This has happened to me too!! I thought it was on my end the first time it happned, until it happened a second time while I was on a different PC.

The search and post edit features are also awful!

#70 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

My records indicate the decline was most prevalent after Pat in the Hat came on board. :coffee:

#71 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

for me, this place represents a time and place in history. 10+ years of history, some of it wonderful and some of it cringe-worthy...but all of it mine.

but i come here lately, and i don't see much that resonates with who i am today, mostly because i'm just not here to make it mine the way i used to.
and as much as i love so many of the people i have encountered through this place, made good friends and even met my husband here...in the time i was busy doing other stuff, this place moved on, and so have i, i guess. the inside jokes aren't mine anymore, if there's drama i don't know anything about it (ok, now that part i like) and there are so many new faces that i don't recognize that it's kinda like going to a cocktail party and walking into a room full of strangers...i'm ready for fun, but it's daunting when i don't recognize most of the faces around me or know what our common ground might be.

and i know that in a few weeks, with our first festival of the season under our belts and the memories of it for post-fodder, things will seem a lot different and we'll have more to talk about. and i look forward to it. but for now, yeah, i just don't have much to say, i guess.

#72 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,138 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

On the plus side the number of characters required for a search has been lowered to two.

#73 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

I haven't been here long enough to know any way to compare the boards to what they were any more than about 13 months ago, but if there has been a lull lately I think there's a number of reasons, certainly I know number of people are not comfortable with the new board itself. But also this time of year right now there is kind of a lull in terms of winter concert season is pretty much over and festival season hasn't really gotten into full swing yet, for a community of people that is based on live music it's hard to have much to talk about when there isn't a tremendous amount of live music happening where most of us live right now. A lot of the major tours either have just ended or haven't started yet or they've swung out of the Northeast region. Course this is just a theory of mine which may or may not have a basis in reality :lol:

One other thing that I noticed also is a lot of people who were posting a lot weren't working either at all or at least weren't working full-time, and a lot of folks who were in that position have been lucky enough to find work recently. I don't think it really takes the absence of a substantial number of people to make the boards a lot slower, I bet it just takes 5 or 6 people not being able to come on here to make it look way slower.

#74 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Wish you had seen what this place was like from 2001-2005, jwheelz. Completely different place.

#75 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,734 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Ah, the ol' good old days thing. Seems to me the DHJ ruined the boards back then too.

#76 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

this is more a technical/comfort issue than anything else...traffic was fine before the board merge.

#77 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,991 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

wow, now i miss the thug, capt, gregoir, josh late nights :(

can i start some drama to get things going?

i'm going to start some threads about inside info I have on boardies :bouncey:

#78 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,203 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

This has happened to me too!! I thought it was on my end the first time it happned, until it happened a second time while I was on a different PC. The search and post edit features are also awful!

Yup - Happens to me at work and at home.

#79 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

wow, now i miss the thug, capt, gregoir, josh late nights :( can i start some drama to get things going? i'm going to start some threads about inside info I have on boardies :bouncey:

i was gonna go with a "furthur is dunzo" thread...but that could work :lol:

#80 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

this is more a technical issue than anything else...traffic was fine before the board merge.

it wasn't, though...sure, some people posted a LOT of content so it might have seemed "busy" but it takes more than that to make a community.

and anyone who's been here for any amount of time at all knows that functionality is lost for a short period after every single board move we've ever had...and there have been a lot of those, especially in recent years. it's just a matter of time before this place looks and feels like home, at least for those who choose to post with any sort of regularity.

#81 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

the only things that I can think of that I know would start drama would be bannable offenses :devil:

#82 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,734 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

That's it. I'm leaving the boards forever.

#83 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

it wasn't, though...sure, some people posted a LOT of content so it might have seemed "busy" but it takes more than that to make a community. and anyone who's been here for any amount of time at all knows that functionality is lost for a short period after every single board move we've ever had...and there have been a lot of those, especially in recent years. it's just a matter of time before this place looks and feels like home, at least for those who choose to post with any sort of regularity.

i also agree with what you said about people changing during the off season...and maybe sometimes struggle to find a common ground on topics when a lot of us havent seen each other since last year...in which case that will rectify itslf

#84 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,138 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Jwheelz! :spank:

#85 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

That's it. I'm leaving the boards forever.

you wanna get the hose again?

#86 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

i also agree with what you said about people changing during the off season...and maybe sometimes struggle to find a common ground on topics when a lot of us havent seen each other since last year...in which case that will rectify itslf

given your camp's record I would don't know if I'm comfortable with anything "rectifying" :bowl:

as long as it doesn't involve any inflatable cetaceans I'm willing to see what happens

:funny1:

#87 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

given your camp's record I would don't know if I'm comfortable with anything "rectifying" :bowl: as long as it doesn't involve any inflatable cetaceans I'm willing to see what happens :funny1:

i giggled as i typed it :lol:

#88 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

we've only met once but I know you :lol:

#89 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,991 posts

Ah, the ol' good old days thing. Seems to me the DHJ ruined the boards back then too.

he ruins everything

:kicksdirt:

#90 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,991 posts

lol

#91 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

if ur ever wondering where is am....just check the toilet :lol:

#92 alsoa

alsoa

Drunk

• VibeTribe
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

- Switching to this hideous new board and losing 50% of the old functionality.

:fritos:

#93 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

:fritos:

#94 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

well...since i have no idea what they're talking aboot in that other thread...i'll just continue to #occupyhere :lol:

#95 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,734 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

It does what it's told.

#96 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

90% of the chatter is by 15 people. Lots of reasons why, but people have left here and just not come back. I only check here once or twice a day now, mostly out of habit, and there's usually noting really noteworthy for me to spend any time with. No sense in political discussions, I already know the opinions of the 15 people who are driving the postings. No sense of posting about events because nobody really seems interested anymore. Etc.

#97 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,138 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Posted Image

#98 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

there was no DHJ here to ruin the boards, back in the good ol days :)

#99 FellowTraveler

FellowTraveler
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

because the lack of spankings around here is just plain pitiful!

#100 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

:spank: ?