Photo

Mighty High- A seriously awesome fest for serious music lovers.

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#201 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,763 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

I tried counting sheep, ain't workin. :undecided: The fest excitement will never end.

Prolly cause you had relations with those sheep.

#202 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

......I decided to camp with you freaks tonight....bob Williams for asparagas...two fests in one weekend..

#203 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

to those that plan a boardie meet-up, turns out we can't afford two days so will be comin Sunday only. :( a little bummed but still psyched. let me know of the where and when if anythings happenin....would love to put some faces to the names...
namaste
also, Karen :) xo

#204 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,623 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

This festival just sucks.

No one who wasn't there this weekend should ever go to it.

Terrible weather. Terrible crowd. Terrible music.

Or maybe none of that is true.

:funny1:

Great to see Jennie and Jason, and Tabbooma and Little Frog, and JBetty and CtMuleman, and Erinisme, and Royal and Jim.

&--#60;3

And to dance with my honey. And to walk up to the hill, past the last people, and look down on all of that love and happiness.

Hope to figure out a way to have time to do the whole weekend next year, but will be sure to fit in a least a day.

#205 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,141 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

:clapping:

#206 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

LisaMarie and I were both luckily to be off work together this Saturday and were able to make the short trip across the Hudson to this fest.
We went looking forward to hearing old favorites Railroad Earth, and DSO... who did not fail to deliver stellar performances.
But, it was Corn Meal who put on the knockout performance of the day, and having so many VIBEs boardies there to hang-out with only added to the fun!

Love you guys, hope we get to see you all again... real soon.

jim

#207 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,218 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

sweet! :) :heart:

#208 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,111 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

so
effing
jealous
:cry:

glad to hear cornmeal kicked it but i had no doubt whatsoever that they would
i hope y'all :spun: and :dance: and :eek: and ogled allie for me :heart:

#209 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,851 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yea, what Dee said!

#210 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

Great time!

Great to camp with you Erin, Allison, Tabbooma, Kia, CTMuleman, JBetty, Jakeblues and Terrapin Station.

Jason and Thugger Muffin- it is always a pleasure to spend time with you folks.

China Cat- I dont think anyone has more love in their heart than you.

Tim, Jim, Lisa Marie, Blindmule, DJ Easy Wind it was great to see you too.

Musical highlights were Cabinet on Friday, DSO on Saturday (fri dso was good too) and the mega-highlight was The Machine.

#211 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,351 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

Yep, yep and yep.. like Royal said, was great to hang and see all the aformentioned boardies and meeting some that Tabbooma has never met...great time within our camp, freaken loads of laughs.. DSO on Sat was incredible. Overall Tabbooma loved the fest.. although he did not like the cliimb from camp and the 5 portos in the camp field were nasty... Plenty of trees on perimeter for Tabbooma but his lady had to hike to use the toliet. Would definitely go back. And the calf Tattoo was spotted early ;) Good to meet you Dave :) Should see some of you next week :)

#212 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

Weeeee now that was fun. Finally met a lot of folks from the board in 3d....just as good as I thought they would be. :smile:

#213 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

A few pro tips for folks attending this fest in the future...

1) Do bring a flash light to the concert venue. It only took me 40 mins of stumbling into mud puddles, thorns & wooks to make it to camp the first nite. Those woods were pitch black.

2) Bring a portable shitter. They cleaned the portos once in 3 days. Not very cool.

3) Bring comfy shoes for the lolquartermile walk to the venue from camping area.

4). Don't be waiting for the shuttle that comes every 15 mins. :lol:

#214 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

Thanks to Josh, Micki, and Eddie Z for doing for working hard for our entertainment.

#215 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,033 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

:)

nice to hear of such a great time. prelude to next weekend. :)

#216 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,351 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Absolutely... The music was incredible :bouncey: Tabbooma also loved the bar and the vendors were great too... :)

Thanks to Josh, Micki, and Eddie Z for doing for working hard for our entertainment.

#217 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Absolutely... The music was incredible :bouncey: Tabbooma also loved the bar and the vendors were great too... :)

A bar with real liquor at a fest was very appreciated... I especially enjoyed the Maker's Mark.

#218 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yes, a big thanks to all the organizers.

The liquor/wine bar was cool.

This fest can only get better! :rose:

#219 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Great time! Great to camp with you Erin, Allison, Tabbooma, Kia, CTMuleman, JBetty, Jakeblues and Terrapin Station. Jason and Thugger Muffin- it is always a pleasure to spend time with you folks. China Cat- I dont think anyone has more love in their heart than you. Tim, Jim, Lisa Marie, Blindmule, DJ Easy Wind it was great to see you too. Musical highlights were Cabinet on Friday, DSO on Saturday (fri dso was good too) and the mega-highlight was The Machine.

In the words of Jackie Gleason, "How Sweet It Is!" What more can be said about a weekend as glorious as this one was? Ryan, it's always a pleasure to see you, Royal pretty much nailed the music review on the head, although NRPS w/Popper & DSO Sunday was pretty amazing too! Highlight of that being when John Popper came out for "It Hurts Me Too" , with Lisa singing with so much passion her face turned purple! That and "Sing Me Back Home" had me singing my fool head off. Was great seeing Thugster & Jason (you guys make a mean Portobello Mushroom!) I saw Erinisme talking to Becky, but when I got done shooting pix of NRPS, you were both gone. I guess our texting friendship will have to suffice for now... :)

I do wish I got to meet more of you Boardsters, and sorry I missed Blindmule, it's been a while...

Bloody Mary's at the bar each morning were a treat, nice & spicy!

So grateful to Eli, Hillary, Josh and the entire crew & operation for hosting such an amazing 3-day party, and for hooking HomegrownRadioNJ up with the great booth location!

Cheers! :spun:

#220 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Awww thanks! Nice Seeing you! Well, to be clear, the effort that Josh and Micki (and many others) invested into this was measured on the order of months/years. The effort I expended was measured on the order of a few hours.

Still, I always found the wristbander task to be kind of fun. I practically get to meet and talk with everyone at the festival and share a quick moment of joviality, if only for a brief second!

I probably could have made a greater effort to meet boardies though, but obviously my focus was on the task at hand.

I still managed to see some great music. RRE, DSO, Cabinet, Cornmeal, and Some of The Machine, all of which wowwed me.. Cornmeal being a band that I'm going to have to take more seriously, now that I see what they're capable of.

#221 liveyoursong

liveyoursong
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationChurchton, MD.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

WOW! What a weekend! Great to meet some peeps face to face, Tabbooma, Little Frog, Royal, Jersey Thug, CtMuleman and others who's names I can't remember for one reason or another :bouncey: . With the exception of the portos, a perfect weekend. Now the wait for Vibes... Hugs to all!

#222 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,763 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

In the words of Jackie Gleason, "How Sweet It Is!" What more can be said about a weekend as glorious as this one was? Ryan, it's always a pleasure to see you, Royal pretty much nailed the music review on the head, although NRPS w/Popper & DSO Sunday was pretty amazing too! Highlight of that being when John Popper came out for "It Hurts Me Too" , with Lisa singing with so much passion her face turned purple! That and "Sing Me Back Home" had me singing my fool head off. Was great seeing Thugster & Jason (you guys make a mean Portobello Mushroom!) I saw Erinisme talking to Becky, but when I got done shooting pix of NRPS, you were both gone. I guess our texting friendship will have to suffice for now... :) I do wish I got to meet more of you Boardsters, and sorry I missed Blindmule, it's been a while... Bloody Mary's at the bar each morning were a treat, nice & spicy! So grateful to Eli, Hillary, Josh and the entire crew & operation for hosting such an amazing 3-day party, and for hooking HomegrownRadioNJ up with the great booth location! Cheers! :spun:

Was Buddy Cage w/NRPS? If he is on this leg of their tour, it will influence my trip to Stangecreek.

#223 chefjeff

chefjeff
  • VibeTribe
  • 700 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well I had a great weekend! I really have a hard time with DSO because if I shut my my eyes when listening I miss Jerry so much!!!! It brings back good memories but at the the same time it hurts so much not having him around! I just miss him. Seeing smiles on everyones faces helps. Thats my review for now.

What will the wookies learn everyday advice comes later!!!!!!!!! This is kinda funny!

Chefjeff

#224 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

DSO blew my hair back...def. eerily creepy when you close your eyes and let it fill the air.

Wish Cornmeal would have been slotted later, that place would have been a big ol' hoedown. :cassady:

#225 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

That was fun!!! :jamguy:

Great being a part of the best camp site of the campground. If we only had hot dogs and a blue camera, it would have been perfect for all! :funny1:

Nice job by DSO. I really liked the acoustic set Friday evening. Great way to start things. Fun show recreation on Saturday (9/12/91 @ MSG) with so many boardies and a great selection of tunes on Sunday. That It Hurts Me Too was killer!

My favorite set of the fest among so many was George Porter, Jr's Running Pardners. I've seen GPJr as part of many bands, it was nice to see him leading one the whole way and really showing the depth of his talents!

I hope some of you make it to mountain jam. If not, see you at Vibes! :boogie:

#226 Beany

Beany
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Chef Jeff's story has to be in it's seperate thread, it so rocks!
Hey we had such a fun fun time... great seeing everyone and great fun at the kid's tent!
What a lovely, beautiful weekend. <3
Posted Image

#227 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

Best Camp awarded to Camp Tabbooma. :lol:

#228 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,397 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

great seeing everyone and DSO's saturday performance was incredible.

i also liked the cocktail waitress service out on the concert field. nice!!

cheffjeff's story is a doozy and must be told on the board!!!

#229 liveyoursong

liveyoursong
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationChurchton, MD.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Was Buddy Cage w/NRPS? If he is on this leg of their tour, it will influence my trip to Stangecreek.

Yes, Buddy is performing with NRPS for this current run of shows

#230 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

STORY! STORY! STORY!!!!!

i had an amazing time this weekend. it was so nice to work a little less and play a little more this year than last, especially when so many friends were around to share the good times with :)

Josh, Micki, Hill, Eli, Grippo and crew did an AMAZING job of keeping everything running smoothly behind the scenes and i was so happy to get a quick hug from Brianne and see Budway doing his thing in the bar, as it just wasn't the Mighty High without them. the lineup was great, the weather perfect, and you couldn't ask for a better location for this fest. i just love it there. GO GEAM!!!

thank you all so, so much for making a little home for us at camp and on the field. it was so nice to finish up meal service and roll out to find friends and fun everywhere we looked :dance: and the donuts ,omg the donuts!!! :heart:

Cabinet rocked my socks off on Friday night. they were all so sweet and funny that i wanted to give them my undivided attention, and ended up front row center for most of their set. i loved every minute.

on Saturday DSO was so on. dancing with all of you made it even better. and i'm so glad we stayed for most of The Machine. i was super tired but that set was great to wind down to.

Sunday is a blur and we had to run to catch the shuttle to work too fast...so sorry we didn't get to say proper goodbyes to most of you, but i can't wait to see you all again SOON!

Eddie Z, i wonder if we met this weekend and just didn't know it. my husband and i fed the musicians and crew all weekend in the backstage area.

we're already looking forward to next year. :)

#231 micki

micki
  • VibeTribe
  • 625 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Wow. What a weekend. Can't thank you enough for coming out and shaking it with us. Porter was awesome. The machine was insane! It was my first time seeing them. Just a great way to end the night.

Looking forward to next year!

#232 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,397 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

What a great weekend! Porter was def my highlight...I missed both sets of RRE due to gettng there late and then the heat + extreme laziness LOL on Saturday

I liked the venue, although my lazy ass wished I could hear the music from my campsite.

Taught my first ever yoga class (after 3 hours of sleep....but I didn't fall over!)

DSO was great Sat night :heart:

So much fun seeing everyone! It was like Strangecreek appetizers :)

Bomma thank you as always for your hospitality...and all the boardies that took care of me (as always)

#233 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Eddie Z, i wonder if we met this weekend and just didn't know it. my husband and i fed the musicians and crew all weekend in the backstage area. we're already looking forward to next year. :)

You probably walked by me a handful of times if you went out the front gate But I didn't really end up in the backstage area, not even once. Sorry I missed you though!

#234 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

I concur! We were only there Saturday from about 4pm - 9:30pm. And it made our whole weekend amazing. What a special fest. Had a great time and enjoyed seeing everyone I saw.

#235 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

i can't believe how fast boardie kids grow up .. great to see everyone, really great DSO set. some interesting new music, we had Royal, the music librarian with us so we knew which bands were on the 'must see' list. just sitting around chatting with all of you was a blast :heart: ..

and who was on calf tattoo patrol .. ?? :bee:

#236 crazysage

crazysage
  • VibeTribe
  • 860 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you that came out to share in The Mighty High this past weekend.
I am still trying to get my head around all the good times and all the good memories. It always mean so much to share such a experience with good friends. It truly is what makes all the hard work worth it.

For those of yo that have been with us from the begining, I hope you also felt this was the best year every. For those that came out for the first time, we hope you had so much fun, that this becomes an annual event for you.

We recognize the areas we need to improve on, and certainly experience a few growing pains this year. We will continue to try and improve things year arfter year, and work hard to provide the best possible experience while still keeping the vibe intimate and the prices affordable.

Again thank you so much for sharing in an amazing ride so far!

#237 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,351 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Thanks to you.. Tabbooma's first time and definitely not his last :)

#238 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,613 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

We had such a fantastic time! Great friends, weather, food and MUSIC!!!

Had lots of fun helping to host the kids activity tent. We were exhausted by the end of each day (I cannot count the number of balloon animals made!). Beany did some awesome face painting (and ended up painting most of the bands kids :lol: ) and ScarFire kicked some pre-teen ass running the crafts (you should see him make a butterfly out of a clothespin and a coffee filter!)

Thanks Josh, Micki, Hillary and Eli for letting us be a small part of the Mighty High for three years running!

Great to see all the smiling boardie faces that came by the tent or that we ran into in the field!!!
Already looking forward to next year!!!

#239 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Well that sure was a blast and a half! :bliss:

I can't decide if I liked George's or The Machine's set better. :undecided:
Doesn't really matter - they both rocked out and I was up front until the end for both. :dance:

DSO was fun as always, even while I was running back and forth only pretending to puke (but making good sound effects) with my hair not on fire. :funny1:

Camp Tabbooma was declared the mightiest set up of all by many passers-by, and a good time was had by all.
Wish I had made it up to the stage earlier in the day, but I don't tolerate a lot of sun very well and was just as happy to hang at camp with all the fine boardie folks and visitors. :smiley:

So now I have completed 1/3 of my triathalon.
3 Festies in 3 weeks. :eek:
So far, so good (except for Saturday morning :lol:).
ON TO STRANGECREEK!!! :Phishfolk:

#240 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

For someone who looked like they got ran over by a 18 wheeler on Sat. morning I would say you got to the music in a timely manner. :D

#241 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Yeah - Not sure what happened there. :undecided:

Stayed up even later the 2nd night and was fine Sunday morning.
Drank and ate about the same amount both days, and didn't do any sketchy shit. :dunno:
Maybe I should have. :funny1:

#242 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Oh shit...you don't remember the "special" present we gave you in your drink Friday nite? :bowl:

#243 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Roofie'd! :joker:

#244 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

:lol:

#245 liveyoursong

liveyoursong
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationChurchton, MD.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Did you get the glazed donut?

#246 SHStrangers

SHStrangers
  • VibeTribe
  • 856 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

We heard nothing but good things about this festival. Congratulations guys we hope it was a big success for you... <3 Nice job and thank you for the support.

#247 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Lil Jerry takes the stage with DSO on Friday afternoon.

Posted Image

#248 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

:dance:

#249 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

Tabbooma, i don't know whether to hug you or or or... :raven: do something less pleasant instead.

the donuts are SO. AMAZING.

especially with a peanut butter/sriracha glaze.

ut oh.

#250 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,865 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Posted Image