We have reached the tipping point

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gypsy Bob

Gypsy Bob
  • VibeTribe
  • 908 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Seems all to frequently we are reading another Rock & Roll Legend has either passed or is gravely ill. It makes you stop and think who knows where the time goes... :heart:

#2 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

while this is factually correct, i think any rock'n'roll musician is happy to make it to their 28th birthday, and considers any extra years after that to be gravy.

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,233 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Certainly does, as well as what we have done with that time.

#4 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

I've thought about this a bunch lately. Our rock heroes/icons are all getting in to their late 60's/early 70's. Makes you wonder just how much time some of 'em truly have left. :undecided:

#5 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Jason and i were talking about this just last night. i know it's part of the deal and that none of us are immune from it, but it's going to be difficult witnessing the loss of our lifelong musical (and other) heroes. but i'm grateful to have 'known' them and felt their influences for as long as i have.

#6 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

While thinking about Levon last night, what struck me was all the "voices" of The Band will soon be gone having already lost Rick and Richard

#7 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Exactly. And this is why I go out to see my heroes when I can. Even tho they dont perform as they once did or have a hiccup here and there.

Jason and i were talking about this just last night. i know it's part of the deal and that none of us are immune from it, but it's going to be difficult witnessing the loss of our lifelong musical (and other) heroes. but i'm grateful to have 'known' them and felt their influences for as long as i have.

#8 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Tipping point happened in '95 for me

#9 Stanimal

Stanimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Well said..appreciate all the times their music brought you joy...the times you've had seeing them with your friends, the new people who you've come into contact with because of the shared love for the music they put out there...no one gets out of here alive...but our aging..and passed hero's help(ed) make this place we live in better. :toast: :band:

#10 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Like sands thru the hour glass so are the days of our lives.

The time goes faster than we all know or even expect......everyday is a blessing and health is even more of a blessing.

Hold and hug the ones you love now......tomorrow may never come.

#11 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,434 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Tipping point happened in '95 for me

same here dan. no show has ever approached the level we were accustomed to.

i saw furthur at the beacon last night. it was great to see bobby and phil up there still banging out all the old songs but
the magic is gone

#12 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

I've thought about this a bunch lately. Our rock heroes/icons are all getting in to their late 60's/early 70's. Makes you wonder just how much time some of 'em truly have left. :undecided:

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

#13 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

same here dan. no show has ever approached the level we were accustomed to. i saw furthur at the beacon last night. it was great to see bobby and phil up there still banging out all the old songs but the magic is gone

Yep, but there's been some good times and new friends since then. A blast has been had, despite it all.

#14 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,291 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

same here dan. no show has ever approached the level we were accustomed to. i saw furthur at the beacon last night. it was great to see bobby and phil up there still banging out all the old songs but the magic is gone

Really? I thought the show was pretty kick ass. :dance:
Viola Lee was all up-tempo and fun and different.
I'm really digging the new arrangements of the good old tunes. :jamguy:

#15 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,589 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Well, thank the gods Justin Beiber is so young! :jam:

#16 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Well, thank the gods Justin Beiber is so young! :jam:

:carla:

#17 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,589 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

:carla:

Posted Image

#18 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

i :heart: Squirrelex.

#19 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

Your favorite band is dead.

#20 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,048 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

I never got to see some of my earliest heros, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, etc. I did see some greats before they passed on, Duane, Berry, Jerry and of course Levon. I remember seeing Count Basie in the early 80's. He wasn't in top form, but the dude was a legend. Not to be morbid, but get out to see some of the older legends, before its too late. Dr. John is a musical treasure. If you have not seen him, check him out. BB King still tours at 86 years old. Dick Dale was touring last year.