• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#151 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

Looks good! What are the milk jugs for?

I got some cucumbers, beets, peas, and more salad greens in the ground last night. Should get the blueberries planted tonight or tomorrow and focus on the rest next weekend. :wink:

#152 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

What are the milk jugs for?

I think they're like little individual greenhouses

#153 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Yes. That and it's helping to keep the critters off the plants until we get a fence up.

Frustrated on that part. We wanted to build a horse-fence kinda thing and I went to dig holes for the posts, only to run into pipes for the leech bed. So it looks like we're going to have to go with a standard wire-cage fence around the plot. Oh well.

#154 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Yes. That and it's helping to keep the critters off the plants until we get a fence up.

Frustrated on that part. We wanted to build a horse-fence kinda thing and I went to dig holes for the posts, only to run into pipes for the leech bed. So it looks like we're going to have to go with a standard wire-cage fence around the plot. Oh well.

I had about a 5 ft wire fence around my garden for a couple years and then took it down. Funny thing, the day after I put it up a friend drove by the house to see 2 deer standing inside the fence. It was a PITA bacause you can't mow beneath the fence and **** wacking through a fence sucks. If it was left, the grass would grow up, seed out and blow seeds into the garden. IMHO, they're not worth it but I guess it depends on what you're trying to prevent from getting in. To stop deer, you need at least a 7 ft fence. I got an owl decoy from Cabelas that I sit next to the garden that keeps the crows, rabbits and woodchucks, etc out. If you have livestock nearby that frequents your yard, then yeah, you need a fence.

http://www.cabelas.c...ch-All Products

#155 DF

DF
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

no, i didn't red through the whoel thread, and may have found it if I did, BUT.... do any of you care for roses?

I've got 5 rose bushes that inherited with my house. they are blooming like mad, I've deadheaded and kept up with watering as much it looks like I need to. but I'm SO unsure if i'm doing the right thing.

If anyone has any protips to pass along that would be SUPER. I've been meaning to take pictures but have been too busy cutting, picking ,and cleaning and by the time i'm done I forget to snap a photo.

I've got WAY more going on than the roses, but these are the ones that are going to require the most attention and I really want to keep them thriving.

It's best to cut them back in the Spring, to allow new growth. Dead heading is also key, so you are on the right path. Also, watch for aphids..spray the rose leafs with 20% vinegar if you see the critters.

#156 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

I had about a 5 ft wire fence around my garden for a couple years and then took it down. Funny thing, the day after I put it up a friend drove by the house to see 2 deer standing inside the fence. It was a PITA bacause you can't mow beneath the fence and **** wacking through a fence sucks. If it was left, the grass would grow up, seed out and blow seeds into the garden. IMHO, they're not worth it but I guess it depends on what you're trying to prevent from getting in. To stop deer, you need at least a 7 ft fence. I got an owl decoy from Cabelas that I sit next to the garden that keeps the crows, rabbits and woodchucks, etc out. If you have livestock nearby that frequents your yard, then yeah, you need a fence.

http://www.cabelas.c...ch-All Products

I am NOT looking forward to the weeds around this fencing. But I really have no other choice. I have to get something up quickly, so we'll just do our best to stay on top of the **** situation.

The livestock situation is fine. They have their own fence across the road. :grin:

Gonna have the boy design a scarecrow for the garden and I have a couple of owl decoys already set up. It's kinda nice 'cause I got them for hunting crow, but now I get to use them for something else.

#157 Baidarka

Baidarka
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

Posted Image
I switched to raised beds this year.
Here's everything from spinach to collards to purple tomatillos, a basil and tomato bed with marigolds. There is an assortment of lettuces, a mix of beets lots of garlic, jalapenos, scallions, lemongrass, rhubarb, asparagus, watermelon, zucchini and some other stuff all told.

Oh yeah...and the hops
sorry i can't get this one right side up.

Posted Image

and here is the aerated Microbin for compost I am trying out.

Posted Image

I should be able to get the pile up above 135

#158 Baidarka

Baidarka
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:22 PM

I took lengths of 4' fence and constructed arches using additional fencing for the ends. You can cover the raised beds of whatever will be eaten. I took down our fence this year and planted the perimeter with scallions and garlic with some marigolds and other resistant plants on the perimeter.

#159 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:22 PM

Lookin' good everyone! :clapping:

I am going to be building raised beds when we find our place to land in the SW. I'm excited to see how stuff grows down there with all the extra sunshine and longer growing season. I am also going to miss the gardens I have built here, altho I hope to find a tenant who will enjoy gardening and take care of them.

Here are some photos from this year, altho I need to snap some more up-to-date images as these are kind of old by now...

The first tulip pushing it's way up thru the earth:

Posted Image

Which resulted in tulip blooms a-plenty!

Posted Image

Some pansies surprised us by re-seeding themselves from last year:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had to prune the Japanese maple as some of the branches didn't survive the winter, but it is doing really well with fresh thick foliage now:

Posted Image

We planted a salad garden this year which includes four varieties of tomatoes (including a Brandywine heirloom that I intend to collect seeds from) romaine lettuce, boston/butterhead lettuce, green leaf lettuce, celery, and a fancy lettuce assortment. You can also see basil here, and some lavender which has since been tidied-up:

Posted Image

Strawberries, hot peppers and some mint in containers:

Posted Image

Lilacs in full-bloom, and some "pink neon stars" that are about to be planted in the perennial garden:

Posted Image

Rain drops caught in a curvy tulip leaf:

]Posted Image

#160 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

Lola- can you bring all your beautiful containers with you to the SW?

#161 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

So after all that crap I said about a fence not being worth it, my beans (no big deal, just plant more), broccoli, brussel sprouts and an eggplant are gone. There is a deer lurking in the shadows that I suspect is the culprit. There was a rabbit around, that I removed from suspicion, so all eyes are on this deer. There are a lot of animals around but these are hangin on the lawn.

Wait 'til fall you f'n theives. Veggie vitamins in the freezer will be replaced with protein. :one:

bummed, my broccoli and brussel sprouts were BOOMIN too. :cry:

#162 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

What a bummer! I guess a fence is in order for you.

My garden is coming along OK. My first round of kale, spinach, and lettuce barely made it through the May rains although I have a few lettuce heads up now. My second round of planting is much better. Peas are coming up like crazy and need some support. Many of my beets seem to have been eaten by something though- birds??

I've gotten quite a few strawberries out of my patch this year but something keeps coming along and munching the big beautiful red ones. :huh: I'm not quite sure what's doing that.

We planted corn, pumpkins, and squash in our side garden. So far everything's coming up nicely over there!

#163 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

but fences are such a pain in the ass :funny1:

#164 LisaMarie

LisaMarie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

but fences are such a pain in the ass :funny1:

I don't like fences either but since there are loads of deer lurking about my property I use Bobbex. When this stuff is applied the critters make a wide girth. BUT DON't apply directly to the fruit part of veggie plants or on leaf veggies you will eat. You won't be able to wash the nasty taste off.
Works great on flowers.

#165 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

I'm thinking about using a .308

#166 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Lola- can you bring all your beautiful containers with you to the SW?

Unfortunately, no. But I will be able to build new ones, and I love building things, so it will be a project that I enjoy!

Finding a tenant that enjoys gardening is big on my list, I would really like for the perennials to continue growing, they are all doing so well!

One of the bummers about deck gardening is the lack of space, but one of the bonuses is that I don't lose any of my plants to hungry visitors - it'll be a whole new ballgame once I am planting on the ground!!!

#167 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

we transplanted our tomatoes that were in the square foot garden to p0ts today. they just weren't doing well in the square foot garden (last year they didn't do well either). We had tried an experiment with one plant in a *** and 2 in the garden, the one in the *** is growing like mad and has tons of tomatoes on it.

the sugar peas are doing well..ready for harvest. the romaine lettuce is also doing really well. we've been eating off of one plant and some more are ready to go. I planted more of both today. we'll see how the lettuce does since it doesn't do well in extreme heat.

I'm disappointed in my strawberry plants though. we got a lot more strawberries this year but they weren't that good. the plants themselves are looking great though. not sure what I'm doing wrong. :dunno:

#168 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

no, i didn't red through the whoel thread, and may have found it if I did, BUT.... do any of you care for roses?

I've got 5 rose bushes that inherited with my house. they are blooming like mad, I've deadheaded and kept up with watering as much it looks like I need to. but I'm SO unsure if i'm doing the right thing.

If anyone has any protips to pass along that would be SUPER. I've been meaning to take pictures but have been too busy cutting, picking ,and cleaning and by the time i'm done I forget to snap a photo.

I've got WAY more going on than the roses, but these are the ones that are going to require the most attention and I really want to keep them thriving.

deadheading and watering are good. you can also work some bone meal into the soil around the plants. the local nursery guy recommended that to me and our roses are doing well. I usually try to put some down after they bloom.
you should also cut back heavily in the spring.

a few weeks ago we planted a knock out rose in our front flower bed and it's doing really well. very low maintenance and it smells heavenly. it's already bloomed like 4 times. :jamguy:

#169 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

we transplanted our tomatoes that were in the square foot garden to p0ts today. they just weren't doing well in the square foot garden (last year they didn't do well either). We had tried an experiment with one plant in a *** and 2 in the garden, the one in the *** is growing like mad and has tons of tomatoes on it.

Some plants actually do better if their root systems are constrained - they put more energy into fruit that way. I know peppers benefit from being potted, and seeing how they are in the same family as 'matoes, I wouldn't be surprised if the tomato plants did better with constrained root systems as well.

PS - I love all the sharing of information that goes on in this thread, I have learned so much from reading about other people's experiences!

#170 harpualuvsnugs

harpualuvsnugs
  • VibeTribe
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Garden center up and running. Open for 2 weeks now. Great response by the local residents...picts up soon!

Sorry, all I have is a facebook link. Its called the greenwood lake garden center.

Greenwood Lake Garden Center

#171 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

Some plants actually do better if their root systems are constrained - they put more energy into fruit that way. I know peppers benefit from being potted, and seeing how they are in the same family as 'matoes, I wouldn't be surprised if the tomato plants did better with constrained root systems as well.

PS - I love all the sharing of information that goes on in this thread, I have learned so much from reading about other people's experiences!

good idea..never thought of that. but:
the square foot garden constrains the roots much more than a ***. it's 1' x 1' for each plant. I just don't think it was big enough for a tomato plant. not deep enough and not enough nutrients. I hope the transplants perk up. one of them already has a few very small tomatoes on it but it should be much bigger and be bearing a lot more at this point.

#172 ricksvw

ricksvw
  • VibeTribe
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

Here is my walk around the house this AM.
http://images2.snapf...89449332:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...89565232:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...89565332:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...8944:532:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...89565932:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...89565:32:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...8944:932:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...89565;32:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...89566332:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...8944;332:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...89566632:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...8944;832:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...89566932:nu0mrj
http://images2.snapf...899:;;32:nu0mrj

Sorry I got carried away...

#173 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Wow, these are beautiful, Rick! I love the colours!

I see you have some borage - I love that stuff! I grew some a few years back, but it's too sunny on my deck for it to do well right now.

The devil's trumpet looks great, too... Really great images, it's a grey day here so this brightness really perks me up - thanks for posting!

#174 LisaMarie

LisaMarie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

Ricksvw the pics are beautiful, thanks for sharing. My daylilies and daisies are blooming too but I'm still waiting for my echinacea to open.

Jim and I got to enjoy some fresh picked red leaf lettuce from our garden.

#175 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:20 AM

love your yard, rick!

#176 ricksvw

ricksvw
  • VibeTribe
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

Thanks! I think everyone here that has posted pics has awsome gardens. It is great to see the different variety of setups. There is nothing like homegrown. We have been eating lettuce and cukes for a couple weeks now, zukes and summer squash are just about there. Toms are still green.

#177 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Progress so far is good. Finally got that fence installed and we've still had to chase a couple of rabbits out. Told the wife that a .22 would be far more effective, plus provide us with some dinner, and she's keen to the idea, so we shall see.

Posted Image

Potatoes

Posted Image

Early June

Posted Image

Radishes

Posted Image

Squash plot

Posted Image

Late June, with beans and peppers

Posted Image

#178 LisaMarie

LisaMarie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Very nice garden Shake yer Bones!
Those rabbits must be hungry and they are capable of squeezing into tight areas.

#179 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

looks great Bob!

#180 mountain mama

mountain mama
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

such beautiful places! :smile:

we just finished cleaning our garlic, heading off to braid the softnecks. harvesting some broccoli later :heart::patchoulia::heart:

#181 Baidarka

Baidarka
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

good idea..never thought of that. but:
the square foot garden constrains the roots much more than a ***. it's 1' x 1' for each plant. I just don't think it was big enough for a tomato plant. not deep enough and not enough nutrients. I hope the transplants perk up. one of them already has a few very small tomatoes on it but it should be much bigger and be bearing a lot more at this point.

I used 4 sq ft per tomato (2x2 with a tomato in the middle)

I have 6 Roma tomatoes, 6 basil (1 sq ft each) and two marigolds in a 4'x8' bed.

Here is the guide I used http://www.mysquaref.../plant-spacing/

The deer came through the other night and finished off most of my beets. They have had a couple big heads leaf lettuce and have trimmed my tomatoes quite a bit.

I had a fence the last few years but took it down this year. I've found that I can arch 6' or so length of fence over across the beds. This has kept some of my crops safe. I will take some pics this afternoon.

#182 Angelique

Angelique
  • VibeTribe
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

wow Shake Yer Bones NICE GARDEN!!!

#183 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

we have so much lettuce and peas right now we gave our neighbors some. I just replanted them all in unused portions of the garden and they're coming up so I hope we get lucky all summer. the peas are growing like crazy. the tomatoes that we relocated are perking up and the other tomato plant has tons of tomatoes on it, but none ready for harvest.

#184 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

a youtube tour of my garden!!!

#185 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Awesome video, Motti! :clapping:

My garden is slow this year... No mato's ready to pick yet, altho ONE is finally turning red... Lots of greenies on the wine, mind. Been eating sweet strawberries, the hot peppers are getting BIG and the herbs are doing great - dill is about done now, and I am trying to keep the cilantro from bolting. Been picking at the lettuce but no real heads to cut down yet. Waiting on the celery.

I'll take some pics to post soon.

#186 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

yea, my dill is bolting,

#187 LisaMarie

LisaMarie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

The plants I have in containers are not doing as well as the ones in the raised bed. The tomatoes in the topsy turvy containers look like they have not even grown since they were planted back in May. Peppers are getting to much rain, their leaves are turning yellow. One of my eggplants is flowering. Tomatoes are almost up to the top ring of the cage.

#188 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

a youtube tour of my garden!!!

:v:

#189 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

great video Motti!

Our raised beds are...meh...this year. We planted cucumbers and string beans that aren't doing anything. butter lettuce is ok, but not thriving. the eggplant seems to be doing alright. we planted 5 plants and have some yummy looking eggyplants already that just need to get a bit bigger before we can harvest. the spinach hasn't moved and the carrots? well, i'm not sure about the carrots. I think the soil we used is too dense and the carrots may not be growing. the tops look ok, but... i've also got 1 broccoli plant. I have never grown broccoli before, so I don't know how it's doing, but it doesn't look like it's doing much.

on the other hand, this is our first year doing the raised beds and they're not where the garden plot has been. this year, we turned that into a squash patch and we planted 18 butternut squash plants (6 mounds with 3 plants each.) 17 survived and my god...we've got squash coming out the proverbial wazoo.

then, on the deck, we have the container garden. we've got jalepeno peppers, kung pao peppers, thai peppers and habenero. also, tomatos. and our herbs; basil, dill, parsley, cilantro, oregano, green onions and chives. everything on the deck is NUTS and doing amazing.

last year we had planted the strawberries in a strawberry *** on the deck but this year we made a patch for them, just plopped the *** down and let the runners run...so, since it hadn't quite matured, we didn't get many berries. Next year, i hope!

#190 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

the saddest broccoli in the world:
Posted Image

a whole mess of tomato plants:
Posted Image

bell peppers, beets, potatoes:
Posted Image

basil and sugar snap peas in a planter, waiting to be returned to the porch after our landlord finished painting the railings:
Posted Image

i also have some corn and green onions in the garden, not doing so great but still growing, slowly but surely. another *** on our step has dill, thyme and chives. the dill and chives are doing very well but the f'n squirrels keep raiding my thyme just as it starts to flourish again. jerks!

i had much higher hopes for our garden this year, had a ton of seedlings thriving in the windowsill at work. the turnips and most of the broccoli and corn ended up dying, i couldn't get them into the ground soon enough due to almost daily downpours for about six weeks running. it was crappy weather, and instead of drowning in the garden they ended up failing to thrive in the window. :sad:

#191 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

Just picked our first hot peppers of the season... I seem to be locked out of my Flickr account :bang: altho I am working on that with their tech support, hopefully we may rectify the situation ((fingers crossed)) so I can't share any photos right now, boooo!

Tomatoes and strawberries have been going great, and I harvested a whole bunch of lemon thyme to dry out just the other day.

#192 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

I *finally* got access to my Flickr account again and can post some pictures, yahoo! :clapping:

Pretty neon pink dianthus (thanks TieDieSky for reminding me what they are called! :funny1:):

Posted Image

The first of many strawberries:

Posted Image

Lilies waiting to bloom...

Posted Image

... And in full bloom!

Posted Image

We got *a lot* of lilies this year! :mrgreen:

Posted Image

Sweet, sweet strawberries! :drool:

Posted Image

Pretty purple petunias:

Posted Image

Some salad greens, dill, and strawberries just picked from the garden:

Posted Image

Cherry tomatoes ready to be picked - we also have some gold ones that have been ripening:

Posted Image

The hot peppers have since turned red and been enjoyed... The plant is flowering again, so with any luck, we will get some more before it turns cold:

Posted Image

Our lettuce didn't do as well as I expected, it may have been getting too much sun. The celery is super-slow to grow, but then again, the tomatoes have been way behind this year as well. I thought a hot sunny summer would have sped things up, but everything is behind schedule compared to last year's crops. Who'da thunk? :dunno:

#193 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:05 AM

Awesome gardens. I love this thread. Seeing pictures and getting advice for my own plot. Speaking of, it's absolutely crazy. Didn't plant until late because of the rain. Then we endured a very dry spell that had me worried for a bit. And this past 2 weeks, we've received about 5 inches of rain and the garden is blowing up. We've already frozen a ton of green peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and beans. The tomato plants are as tall as I am, and the corn is coming on strong. Sooooo exciting!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#194 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

And this isn't exactly a shot from the garden, but I was pretty pleased with this dusk photo from my front yard a couple of weeks ago. :grin:

Posted Image

#195 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

Wow, your garden looks prolific! What region are you living in?

I am excited to have a spot where we can have more room and plant directly into the ground, of course, then we will have to fence the plot as you have if we intend to eat any of the veggies )))marauding animals(((

What are the paper bags hanging along the fence for?

#196 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

In the paper bags, I have basil and parsely and was trying an experiment to dry them. But it rained too much while we were away, so it was an epic fail with mold on the herbs.

We're in the Finger Lakes region of New York. Hemlock, to be exact.

#197 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,914 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

Posted Image

Banana peppers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Basil

Posted Image

#198 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

It just keeps rolling in! Did a second planting of lettuce and spinach. Freezer's filling fast!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#199 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:13 PM

45 quarts of tomatoes preserved so far, either sauced or stewed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#200 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

Sweet! I'm gonna oven-dry our remaining 'maters... Prolly get on that tomorrow.